Author Topic: RE:Silicon Knights Breaks with Nintendo  (Read 14752 times)

Offline Draygaia

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Silicon Knights Breaks with Nintendo
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 04:00:30 PM »
Aww damnit!  Like all you guys it just hurts too much.  I really don't want nintendo to have that feeling of they can do everything themselves like they did on the N64.  I can't think of any company to think about all the time about great projects in the Nintendo Dream Team.  Theres Retro but you have to mess them up.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
RE:Silicon Knights Breaks with Nintendo
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 04:00:33 PM »
NOOOO!!! Why o why did this happen?!? I am so angry right now!! I can't let out those certain words so I will try and remain clam. They made one of my favorite games of all time, Eternal Darkness. And I was really hoping they would whip out Too Human next. Grrr. I hope they go 3rd party, or else this will really be bad. GUH!!
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 04:43:08 PM »
I"m sad to seem them go like many of the forum members here; one positive aspect coming out of this is hopefully Dyack and Co. can be more free to talk about upcoming projects. I've said this earlier in other posts pertaining to SK, but it bears repeating: Every time Denis Dyack does an interview, it seems he's dying to tell you more, but can't. Hopefully that will change.

Unless they pull a Factor 5, who are technically a 3rd party, but they just 'coincidentally' just make games 'Cube, I'm willing to bet that the next collaboration between SK and Konami will go multi-platform. Maybe it won't grace a Nintendo system at all as Konami seems to be content giving us Yugi-Oh and some Disney Games. Unless Nintendo stops being a wimp and start securing those exclusives.  I hope I'm wrong...

Anyways, best of luck to all SK staff; maybe someday Mr.Dyack will be free to tell us what really happend.

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 05:06:52 PM »
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.     SK is not LEAVING Nintendo.   SK is    GOING everywhere!  -_-

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2004, 05:10:58 PM »
F*ck f*ck f*ck.....  The month before e3 is not supposed to be filled with this much bad news.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2004, 05:20:36 PM »
Yeah, but it's better than announcing this split at E3.

I will scream my lungs out now. *screams*

*breathes*

*screams more*

WHY? I know there wasn't that many games in the pipeline, but seriously, what exactly did Nintendo do 'wrong' to have SK leave?
I think it was the lack of advertising, and the potential lack of well-written, mature games on Nintendo consoles. You saw how something like ED did on GC, compared to Silent Hill, Siren and other horror games on other consoles.
I hope the freedom of being a 3rd party does good things for them, but I hope they remain closer to Ninty than ever before, like Factor 5 and perhaps Zoonami.

I think Konami somehow did all this.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2004, 05:25:35 PM »
I think I speak for all hardcore Nintendophiles when I say "Why God? Why hast thou forsaken us?"

*groans* I guess we can kiss Too Human bye-bye.....

PS: What? You really think that SK is going to bother to bring Too Human to the Cube now that they can develop for Sony and MS? Hah....

Offline Caustic Saint

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 05:29:57 PM »

Originally posted by: GaimeGuy
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.     SK is not LEAVING Nintendo.   SK is    GOING everywhere!  -_-

Well, at least one person managed to read past the headline....

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2004, 05:46:16 PM »
Seriously, guys, if this isn't a hoax and SK is no longer a 2nd party, that doesn't mean they'll STOP developing for the Gamecube, and I'm sure they'll at the very least finish any outstanding projects they have for the console.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2004, 05:50:49 PM »
Well I wouldn't be happy if Retro went everywhere.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2004, 05:56:24 PM »
don't you find it odd that this news was released at 3:33
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2004, 05:58:06 PM »
Was it really? And it's April 13! Damn, not a Friday. Still unlucky.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2004, 06:03:42 PM »

Tue April 13, 2004 3:33 PM

=O You're right, Perm! That is kind of creepy, since I'm guessing it wasn't planned that way.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »
Worst news since Square left.  I am quite seriously a mess right now, which explains my presence here.  I haven't even visited these forums for about a month.  I would do ANYTHING for this news to not be true.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »
Holy shizzit! Grey Ninja! I'm with you all they way. This had better not be real. It's obviously big if you'd come back to give your opinion on the matter though. Welcome back even if it's just for that one post.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2004, 06:49:07 PM »
arggghhh this suck... instead of a guarunted game coming from SILICON KNIGHT to a NINTENDO console are now in the hands of a PUBLISHER.  instead of saying "yeaaaaaaaaah TOO HUMAN is coming to GCN" are now turn into this "maaaaaaaaan i hope TOO HUMAN is coming to GCN."  this is BS.  NINTENDO is loosing exclusivity and yet they haven't fix their 3rd party problems yet.  things like this makes me wonder why im still a big supporter for them.  it looks i wont be buying one console next generation comes... arggggggh... suck
even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2004, 07:00:27 PM »
truly awful news......but in retrospective Nintendo doesnt lose much they just lose exclustivity.  Here's hoping Nintendo can at least get one of those partial exclustivity (couple months exclusiveness).  And i sincerely hope SK some luck because i for one don't think PS2 and Xbox fans would buy thier games due to the adult markets overfilled for both PS2 and Xbox.  Well Best Wishes to Dennis Dyack and the gang at SK!

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2004, 07:22:47 PM »
Well, I know for a fact that I'll never buy another Nintendo console again.  The only reason I bought my Gamecube was so I could enjoy the one good game and one crap remake of a crap game that SK gave us in the five or so years they've been with Nintendo.  RIP, Nintendo
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2004, 07:28:37 PM »
Why the hell did you buy a Gamecube at all, then? It sounds more like it's your fault for buying a console you knew you wouldn't like (don't try to tell me you didn't know- you either like Nintendo's games or you don't, and you obviously don't).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2004, 08:05:12 PM »
i think the point is half of us are in denial

Offline Catbus Is Taken

• Slayer uppercuts you INTO OUTER SPACE!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2004, 08:10:40 PM »

Originally posted by: savanna03
huh??? arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SILICON KNIGHT!!!

Yeah man, this sucks, I can't play Eternal Darkness anymore cuz they're now non-exclusive.  Well, thats one investment down the drain.  I can only hope that the next nintendo game I buy will stick around.
S-U-X-O-R

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2004, 08:34:42 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

Tue April 13, 2004 3:33 PM

=O You're right, Perm! That is kind of creepy, since I'm guessing it wasn't planned that way.

I don't get it, what does 3:33 mean? It's not like 666.... is it? Wouldn't it be 6hr 6min. 6sec at night?

I'm confused as what could of caused it
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2004, 08:40:46 PM »
id have to spoil a game to tell you

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2004, 08:50:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
I would do ANYTHING for this news to not be true.

would you work in a gas station?

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2004, 08:53:45 PM »
Guys, I just saw this commercial for NBA Ballers and it looked awesome but at the end it said it was for PS2 and Xbox and I was like "NNOOOOOOOOOOO!" and I bet this SK news is directly responsible for a mass exodus of third parties away from the Gamecube and now WE GET CRAP FOR GAMES ARRRG DAMNIT!!!!!
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?