Author Topic: Heath Ledger found Dead  (Read 7644 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: Heath Ledger found Dead
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »
the whole Olsen thing i think is kinda funny, when that was suggested the first thing i thought of is how she would fit the appearance of Harley Quinn.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:Heath Ledger found Dead
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
All Batman products need more Harley Quinn hawtness.

The entirely body-painted kind.

QFMFT
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 11:12:26 AM »
Start your engines.

:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 06:40:14 AM »
harlequin hotness thread
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 06:49:24 AM »
Harley Quinn was my favorite of the Batman cartoons, even though I don't read the comics, kind of glad that she made the jump into the comics canon.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:59 AM »
This is only now starting to sink in with me but hasn't fully yet. So weird.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 12:02:28 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor

Originally posted by: MaryJane

Originally posted by: mantidor

I hate this new joker,

Have we been watching the same trailers? I was extremely disappointed to hear that Heath Ledger was going to play Joker because of his other roles like First Knight(not too sure if that was the name but it had the chick from The Rules of Attraction in it), Casanova, and of course Brokeback Mountain, those roles don't really seem to fit the persona of the joker, after seeing the trailer however I was blown away by his performance, and OMG the laugh, wow he does it right!! Had he never done the movie my feelings over him dying would have been almost none, but now it saddens me a little because that showed his potential and diversity. Oh and he played in my favorite movie, The Patriot, although I was upset when his character decided to go after Colonel Tavington with only a few men instead of rallying everyone, which given the surprise of the attack would have finished them, but anyway...

I must know what it is that makes you hate the new joker? Have I missed something? Did you not see the first 6 minutes of the movie? I suppose it is possible for our opinions (perhaps internal depictions) of the joker to just simply differ, but I hope you at least have a reason.

I also don't want to derail that much but smeared make up Joker looks silly and disgusting, I want this Joker. Dark Knight Joker has too much psycopath, too little showman/performer and zero black humor, which sucks. The Joker is all that, at the same time, which is what makes him so great and disturbing, just psychopath is pretty much any other villain. The grin is also terrible and I miss a lot the randomness of the Joker's actions, this one seems to have a perfect plan all the way through without any of the insane, creepy spontaneity that characterizes the Joker (from what we've seen).

I still plan to see the movie and it will  be inevitable that Ledger's death will make the whole thing weird. I wasn't worried about his acting skills, after you see him going from "ten things I hate about you" to "brokeback mountain" you knew he could act, but Nolan's direction of the Joker is not what I've would liked.

Also, I'm starting to see the hypothesis that Ledger was too "carried out" by the role and that lead him to his death, something I hope doesn't make people overrate the character or worse, to allow the producers to use that as a publicity stunt. From what I've read it seemed more accidental than anything.

God, watch the friggin movie before you jump to stupid conclusions.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
This is mantidor.  If you haven't learned from his thoughts of Twilight Princess and Corruption, he doesn't need to wait until a product is available for consumption before forming an opinion on it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!