Author Topic: Link's Crossbow Training Full Size case cover...  (Read 10014 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Link's Crossbow Training Full Size case cover...
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »
Anyone looking for a Link's Crossbow Training cover to print out?
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=6034

It's awesome!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline wulffman04

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Link's Crossbow Training Full Size case cover...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:31:13 PM »
does anyone know where the wii sports one went to, I seem to be starting to want one.
*edit*
Never mind i found it here for anyone who wanted it.
Follow the Hobo <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_code">Code![/url]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE: Link's Crossbow Training Full Size case cover...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »
UncleBob, if I send you money will you make me a Wii Sports and a Links Crossbow Training case and send it to me in the mail?
I'm lazy, and I know you'll be reasonable on the price of parts($2), labor($2) and shipping($5?).  

That would come to an even $10 after we throw in another dollar($1) as a tip just for going through the trouble.

p.s. I don't own Link's Crossbow Training yet, but I'm sure I will someday soon.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »
I'm in the market for one actually... but they aren't up on e-bay yet.. &<
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:54:34 PM »
These are pretty easy to do, you just need Legal sized paper and make sure to set your printer to the highest quality setting, and a steady scissor hand. I've done this for both GC Zelda bonus discs and Wii Sports, and you get some pretty cool results. I'm glad I ordered the 5 pack of Wii game cases when I was doing Wii Sports, I was able to also do a Wii Sports case for my friend and replace a beat up case that a used game I bought came in, and now this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »
i think we should all call nintendo to complain.....i mean come on

20 bucks for a piece of plastic and a cheap game and they can't even give you a real game case
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
Cuz it's not a real game nor a real accessory.

It's like... those free AOL discs -- it's not really internet.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »
Well I'll be making one of these sometime over the next few days. Can't stand the little cardboard cases. Thank god for the Cover Project.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:02 AM »
BlackNMild (and anyone else wondering): Ideally, I could do it for you - however, for my Wii covers (and a select GBA covers I've printed), I end up paying about $3.50 per cover.  That's way more than most people would probably want to pay.

I don't have a printer at home.  While I've gotten many, many GBA covers printed off at Kinko's and Staples (Staples is way cheaper, btw), for my "deluxe" covers, I have them printed off at my Wal*Mart in the Photo Center on actual photo archive paper.  Like, with the chemical processing and everything.  8"x12" prints cost $3.32, I believe.  They look really, really nice, but I'm sure no one wants to pay that much (plus the $1-ish for the case, plus shipping).

*If* you want to do this yourself at your own local Wal*Mart, you'll have to open the image up in some kind of graphical editing program (I use Paint!) and expand the original image to 8"x12" (by adding white space around the edges), then trim the image down once it comes out.  Whomever is working behind the counter may have copyright concerns, however, covers are released by Nintendo for free use (so long as they aren't used in ways that harm Nintendo, like copying covers for counterfeit games or such) and these covers aren't even real covers - they're unique works of art created by individuals for free distribution.  But I can't say if the person behind the counter will let you have the print or not.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 03:17:08 AM »

Originally posted by: wulffman04
does anyone know where the wii sports one went to, I seem to be starting to want one.
*edit*
Never mind i found it here for anyone who wanted it.

I may try and duplicate my effort with Wii Sports if anyone is interested.

FYI, selling these things on ebay would be a bad thing - and that's why I've never pursued that for my Wii Sports one I made up.

If I worked at a Kinkos or some other place such as that, and saw someone printing one... I'd probably let it go.  Now if they wanted 50....

Most ebayers probably use plain paper though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 03:20:13 AM »
a short and simple "No" would've been fine

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 03:22:47 AM »
But I didn't say "No.", just that you probably wouldn't want me to do it for what it would cost.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 06:21:04 AM »
Is this really so important as to warrant a triple cross-post?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 06:25:52 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Is this really so important as to warrant a triple cross-post?

Absolutely.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:26 AM »
I might be interested if the plastic Wii game cases weren't even less sturdy than cardboard.  Compare them to your Gamecube cases.  They're ridiculously flimsy.

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 09:45:28 AM »
Does anyone know where I can order the white dvd like cases wii games come in?
Follow the Hobo <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_code">Code![/url]

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
Vudu: yes.

As for buying white Wii cases, store.nintendo.com sells them. I think they're $1.25 each or 5 for $5. Ilm on my phone now, so I can't check for certian...  

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »
I really like the gold OOT/Master Quest cover, if only the back didn't say "The Legend Continues..." I would totally use that one.  I have been looking for a cover to fit my favorite game of all time and that one is almost there, just that one thing makes me not want it.  I wish I had photoshop and/or talent.  :-P
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Uncle Bob

As for buying white Wii cases, store.nintendo.com sells them. I think they're $1.25 each or 5 for $5. Ilm on my phone now, so I can't check for certian...

Aha, i found them it seems like they are $1.50 for 1, $6.99 for 5, and $12.99 for 10.
Link

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »
I was close on the prices, considering how long it's been since I ordered 'em.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 03:14:56 PM »
Well printing the cover at office max was well worth the $1.09....

Turned out a little on the dark side, but overall the clarity of the print is much better than what I can get out of my HP 712c

It was a color copy on satin paper.... the cover is a modified version of the one in this post (UPC is the real game UPC and the text on the back is sharpened and corrected)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »
That looks awesome.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Sheckythe cover is a modified version of the one in this post (UPC is the real game UPC and the text on the back is sharpened and corrected)

Ohh, could you please post your modified version?
Thanks!!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »

Originally posted by: Ghisy

Originally posted by: Sheckythe cover is a modified version of the one in this post (UPC is the real game UPC and the text on the back is sharpened and corrected)

Ohh, could you please post your modified version?
Thanks!!

I'll give it a shot later in the week.  I don't have a terribly good place to throw these things and it's just a slight improvement over the original that I doubt the coverproject site would host it.  The PNG I used is 9MB and a 100% quality JPG is roughly 5MB.

The modifications totaled as follows...

- The side bar had an artifact under "Link's" which I removed along with a few other nits that I don't remember the location of.

- The back text was a scan of Super Mario Galaxy... which is fine however:

* The background of that scan was not white, but rather gray that noticeably stuck out when I viewed it on screen.  I fixed that .

* I replaced the UPC of SMG with that of the "Wii Zapper + Link's Crossbow Training" along with a [Not for Resale] overlay.  That way if anyone likes to scan there covers into a database it should work.  I didn't bother changing the text next to the UPC.  (as it still reads "RVL P RMGE USZ" which is SMG and not "RVL R RZPE USZ".... but, well the work to change that wasn't worth it )

- Added a 3 px white boarder followed by a 3 px light gray boarder to make it easier to cut.

As I noted, the overall print came out slightly dark.  If you hold the case up to SMG you'll see that the Wii Logo is a notably darker gray than that found on the SMG box.  I don't know if that the result of the Office Max printing equipment or software, or if the original is at fault.  The quality is excellent though.

EDIT:  I saved the PNG as a JPG at a 90% quality setting and it seems to look fine.  It's just under 2MB, so that should fit on the yahoo space I have (which has a ~4MB hourly limit).  I'll PM you the link.  If anyone else is interested in this cover just PM me or post your request here

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
Shecky - I bet TCP would still host the cover.  Just make sure they know that it's not wholly original work.