Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7.  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7. Game Over.
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 07:23:19 AM »
Decoyman:  Actually that was the case...originally.  I did that alot to different people.  I tried to be a dick to lure hits on me but it never worked.

But then Athrun was afraid he would get hit because he was revealed to be the Bounty Hunter and there were moles in other alliance.  I was so positive that dark heart was Mafia that I wanted to protect Athrun so we would have him for another hit...so I too the protection off me.

Also at that time, I believed we had a good understanding of who was who, and if I died it would not have been a big lose, but if Athun, Shift Key, or Crimm died it would be a big lose.

I had not yet investigated you...I just had a hunch based on not trusting dark heart.  He said you were definitely a townie and since I didn't trust him I didn't trust you.  You were next in line to be investigated, though.

It is interesting, I truly believe if I trusted dark heart then the townies may have lost.  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 7. Game Over.
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
One thing, I wanna apologize to 18 days for helping him get voted off.  I know you get voted off early in a lot of games, but I needed a good target and thatguy provided.

Also I wonder, from the master khush, you gave me the idea of trying to switch the vote to Stevey, I tried, but I really dont see how they would switched at that point when they already knew I was mafia and that I was already lying.  Any way I could have done it better.  Also, why did it take you so long to tell me I was GF.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
ha, now that this is over I got a new avatar. whaddya think?

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 04:28:59 PM »
All I can say is that Day 4 was awesome, specially on how PMs and distrust flew everywhere..... ahhh, just like mafia should be
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 06:43:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Zach
One thing, I wanna apologize to 18 days for helping him get voted off.  I know you get voted off early in a lot of games, but I needed a good target and thatguy provided.

Also I wonder, from the master khush, you gave me the idea of trying to switch the vote to Stevey, I tried, but I really dont see how they would switched at that point when they already knew I was mafia and that I was already lying.  Any way I could have done it better.  Also, why did it take you so long to tell me I was GF.

Well, I always hate to give away ideas that I haven't used yet and may want to use. Becuase then, people know about them or may remember about them and then I can't fool them. The best idea I can think of, I'm going to keep to myself, I think. And instead, I am just going to say that for the most part, you were screwed. You didn't realize that you were the godfather until too late and that was my fault. It was late and I was in a rush to get to bed. I realized the next day that I had forgotten to send you a pm stating you had become the third godfather in one day. But by then, I was at work and I don't have access to a computer. As soon as I got home, I sent you the message but it was too late. So, that lack of info affected the way you behaved.

If you had known you were the godfather sooner, would that have changed the way you would have played that day? Answer that question first and then I'll tell you the rest of my ideas.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »
aw man, Well if I had known I may have been less hesitant to reveal that I was mafia, but I cant really think of anything I could've done to save myself at that point anyway.  No blame or anything, I was just wondering what happened.  As for your secrets, I may end up being teamed up with you again, but even if not it is more entertaining if I don't know whats coming from you.  Dont give them up if you dont want.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »
Well, less hesitant isn't the reaction, I was wondering about. If you had known earlier you were the godfather, I would have targetted stevey right away with my vote. The only way the mafia had a chance of winning at that point was for you and the killer to make townie hits, while stevey died. One of those hits had to be the doctor to gain protection power. From there, you protect the killer from the vote and vote for him. You have to hope that the townies will go along with it although, there was a good chance of that since the killer disobeyed them and hit a townie. Nuclearspeed said something about being warned not to go after a townie. Due to the protection, the killer lives and you both put ou a hit on two other townies. This brings you to the last day. A 3 way standoff between a townie, a mafia member and a killer. Anyone's game.

Another method that may have helped would have been to talk to stevey to get some support from him. Have stevey just try and go nuts while you reamina humble and resigned. This might encourage people to switch their votes and whack someone gone wacko. You could also have stevey send a message to someone saying they were hitting them in the night if they don't vote out the killer instead. Make it seem like you are more interested in the killer to get him back since you feel the game is lost. And that might also play into the next day where you would have voted for the killer. In fact, if you had deduced who the doctor was, having stevey send a message saying he was going to hit the doctor may have scared the townies enough to vote for stevey instead. Raise his threat level.

Of course, those plans required stevey's involvement and I don't know if he would have been around to play them out or not. I will say this. Never vote for yourself. If there was any doubt about a person, voting for yourself removes doubt that everything you have accused a person of is correct.

I'm not trying to think if there is anything else I could have done at that point. Nothing really springs to mind now. I guess I would also try to spread any last misinformation I could have to make it seem like stevey was a bigger threat.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 07:15:22 PM »
I should also add, if it was me, no one would probably have changed their vote because in a vote where the last two mafia members are me and stevey, I'd most likely still be seen as the bigger threat even if I wasn't the godfather.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »
Well if I wanted a chance at the win I had to go against the townies warning about hitting another townie. I even contacted zach his last day telling him who i was targeting that night so there could be two townie deaths if the godfather lived, if he would have gotten back to me that it was he, i would have tried to get the vote switched to stevey as well. this game has given me some ideas too to try for future games.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
hmm, well I meant to say more hesitant. And I was also away for most of the day so the first time I got on Everyone had already made they're intentions well known.

Also Thats kinda weird that nuke tried to contact me, I never received a pm from him. edit: there it is, I do remember reading it now, but it wouldnt have done any good since we couldnt make a hit anyway.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Nuclear Speed I knew I shouldn't of trusted you.

Although we had it figured out that we would be safe if we just could get one hit on the Mafia and we could survive.