Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 2.  (Read 13244 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 2.
« on: October 09, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »
Judge Khushrenada was awoken by loud banging on his door. Racing to the door, he opened it up to find a large mob outside waiting for him.

"Whadda ya want?" He asked, groggily.

"We think we've found an outlaw. We want you to hurry up and judge him," said one of the citizens.

"You want to have a trial? Well, c'mon. Hurry. Hurry. Let's go to the courthouse," Khushrenada replied, instantly awake.

With that the mob and judge sprinted to the courthouse, eager to conduct business.

"Court is now in session. Bring the accused forward," the judge ordered.

Dasmos was brought before the judge.

"Dasmos, you are accused of conspiring with Col. Sancho Volonté and murdering innocent people. How do you plead?" asked the judge.

"....." Dasmos was about to speak but he was cut off by his lawyer, Miguel Sanchez, also known as Patchkid15. Taking Dasmos aside, he said,

"Hi, I'm Miguel Sanchez, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous! Now don't you worry, Dasmos, I... uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Khushrenada."

"Is that bad?" asked Dasmos.

"Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog," answered Patchkid.

"You did?" Dasmos replied.

"Well, replace the word "kinda" with the word "repeatedly," and the word "dog" with "son," Patchkid explained. Then he turned to face the judge and jury.

"My client has been accused of being a murderer in Volonté's band of outlaws but I'm here to tell you that this is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story. Now, I don't use the word 'hero' lightly, but Dasmos here is the greatest hero in American history. And so, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case," Patchkid proclaimed.

"Hmm. Mr Sanchez, do you know that you're not wearing any pants?" asked Judge Khushrenada.

"DAAAA!! I move for a bad court thingy," Patchkid answered.

"You mean a mistrial?" asked the Judge.

"Right!! That's why you're the judge and I'm the law-talking guy," replied Patchkid.

"You mean the lawyer?" the Judge asked.

"Right," said Patchkid.

Khushrenada looked over to the jury in disgust. Dasmos began to weep uncontrollably over the display of incompetance he had just witnessed.

As Dasmos had the noose put around his neck, he was asked if there were any last words he wanted to say.

"As a matter of fact, there is. Most of you know me as Dasmos but that's just the nickname I use for posting and sending messages to people around the world. My real name is George "Cactus" Bartlett the famous Telegrapher. Tell my kids that I hope they will follow in my footsteps one day. Well, not to be hanged but to become telegrahers. You know what I mean. And for my wife, tell her......"

"Talk talk talk talk talk," said Judge Khushrenada, pulling out the platform and hanging Dasmos, cutting him off. "Well, it looks like you folks got a bit noose happy and sent an innocent man hanging. But what can you do? The jury was the people responsible for this mess. They found him guilty. Hope they can live with themselves. I'm going home. Call me if you need me"

And with that, Judge Khushrenada went home and the crowd slowly dispersed. Dasmos lifeless body slowly rocked in the air. Watching from a distance, Sheriff Rock Williams wondered if Judge Khushrenada was going to be a problem and if he'd have to deal with him.

That night, Patchkid was digging around through the trash when he heard a noise. He turned around to face whoever was coming up behind him.

"I'll have you know the contents of this dumpster are private! You stick your nose in, you'll be violating attorney-dumpster confidentiality," called out in the darkness.

"Relax. It's just me," said a man, coming out of the shadows, "Don't you recognize me?"

"No, I don't," replied Patchkid.

"Well, I recognized you in the courtroom today. Miguel Sanchez. You haven't changed. You also defended me. I got sentenced to hard labour for 5 years because of you. But, I'm back and I've come to get justice," said the man, walking towards Patchkid.

"Please. Stay back. I'm not really Miguel Sanchez. My real name is Patchkid15. C'mon. Don't you have an elaborate plan to get revenge? Surely we could fight on a houseboat, right? You don't want to kill me. I'm the only lawyer in town. Imagine a world without lawyers," Patchkid pleaded. Then he began to sufficate and shake uncontrollably as he imagined a world without lawyers.

"Hey. C'mon. Get up," the man ordered, "Quit killing yourself. I want to kill you. Snap out if it."

The man frantically tried to save Patchkid but it was too late. Patchkid was dead. Upset and angry at the world, the man left Patchkid there, wrote the number 21 on Patchkid's chest and raced off into the night.

Patchkid's body was found the next day by the Saloon Girl Sally. She immediately brought the Sheriff over. A quick investigation revealed Patchkid15 to be just a normal townie.

"Who could have done this?" asked Sally.

"I don't know," said Sheriff Rock Williams. But he did know. Patchkid15 had been killed by the killer Black Heart Jack," the only person Sheriff Rock Williams had never been able to bring to justice. Not only did he have to deal with Volonté and his men but now a ghost from the past had emerged. Troubled, Sheriff Rock Williams went inside the saloon with Sally to get a drink.

As a new day dawned over Stumbleton Creek Valley, the news that another killer seemed to be on the loose, sent a further wave of panic over the town. Who could be trusted?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 2.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »
Heads up:

Voting ends at Midnight Eastern time. Once again, get your actions in as soon as possible. If you won't be carrying out an action, let me know.

If you are dead, DO NOT TALK. You can create a thread to post in amongst your dead selves. (May I suggest Mafia XIX: Dead thread. Bury 'Em Low?) Bt do not post any knowledge you may have about the game until it is over.

The following people need to vote today or they will be killed off after the voting deadline:

18 Days
Athrun Zala
Decoyman
KashogiStogi
Nuclearspeed
Pale
ShyGuy
Sir_Stabbalot
Stevey
TVMan
Vudu
Wandering
Windyman
Zach

So, it should be a vote happy day.

Finally, if you don't want to read the impressively long story, here are the Cliff's notes of yesterday's events:

Dasmos (Telegrapher George "Cactus" Bartlett) - Killed by vote
Patchkid15 (Townie) - Killed by The Killer Black Heart Jack)

So, this means the cavalry will not be coming. Good one guys.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:03:02 PM »
Aw damn. We lost our connection to the outside world. Who was the first to suggest Dasmos anyway?? And where's our doctor?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 2.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
Shift Key was the first to go after Dasmos.

Things aren't going the best, but well just have to show a little grit.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »
Vote thatguy

Crimm was on the right track yesterday.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
Right, I said the Dasmos vote made no sense.  Besides, I've got people backing me up, anyways.  There's a few who know I'm no bad guy.

Now, lissen' up, fellers.  Two strangers have been paradin' aroun' these parts.  I will say that the space-toy cowgirl has been out of this world, and I WILL NOT HAVE IT!  After my early vote for Vudu, she said she was targeting him to me, which I thought was odd, as Vudu is typically just a day one placeholder for me.  After Shift Key and Patchkid voted Dasmos, she strutted up with Dasmos, instead.  It looks to me like she was looking for a wagon train out farther West, and I don't think we take kin'ley to that talk 'round these parts.  I didn't want to name her, because I didn't want to target a first time player on the first day, and my compassion for first time players far exceeds my burning desire for the lynching of all things space.

The second one, I don't want to say, because this person may be suspicious in a good way.  Did any of those people, i.e, snowman, ever talk to this player?  I know the second one didn't, so I'll leave snowman up to it.  Let me know how that goes, mmm'kay?  If things work out well, I can link him to interesting people.

Also, sometime today, I'll probably parody another verse in my American Pie Hang 'em High parody or something. Parody.  I've got to stay crazy, you know.

Edit:  Also, I don't know how big of a loss it is to lose Dasmos, because I don't think he was going to play.  He had a great role, but I don't think he would have logged in to vote today, and would have died tomorrow.  It's sad, I know, but chances are, there's no loss, because he never would have played anyways.

Secondly:  Shame on you people that jumped on the Dasmos bandwagon!  You had no reason to.  Next time, do some research before you make your final vote.  If it comes down to it, vote me out or don't vote at all if you don't have a reason to vote for someone!  You should have been trying to figure out a reason to vote for him.  Who's next, the Sheriff?  The Saloon Girl?  The Vigilante?  Think before you act, and work together to learn who is what.  There have already been several iffy things that happened for a day one!  Go and see what you think is fishy, and go talk to people about it.  If you message me, I'll figure out a way to talk back to you without telling people who you are, that is, unless you say something strange, like GP did yesterday, and act differently than what you say.  Talk!  Work together!  Why do you think I posted so much yesterday?  I'm trying to get people to start talking.  Look, the town can't win a mafia unless they work together.  Since I've played as a townie, it always seems like a few key people do all the work.  Part of the reason why I decided not to send private messages is because I want everyone that wins to do their fair share this time, and not rely on the shoulders of one or two people.  It works out exceptionally well because Khush isn't playing.  Like I said, if you all can't come up with someone suspicious to vote for by the end of the day, vote for me.  If someone pops up on the radar, though, and not because of bandwagon, go after that person instead.  If, by the end of the day, there's no reason to vote for anyone else, I'll vote for myself, as well.  Hopefully we can figure things out, because I like to play mafia, but if it comes down to it, one of the best things I can do in this game is a take a vote to protect someone who's worth saving.

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:30 PM »
unvoting for whoever I voted for.

Instead: vote GoldenPhoenix
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
Heh, I was considering voting you, Windy.  I was wondering where you were yesterday.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »
Reports are floating around the strange pale woman dragging the bodies of Dasmos and Patchkid away, and vanishing.

Traitors will be dealt with swiftly, and will never be trusted by the collective again. Vote Shift Key    
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:38:48 PM »
All aboard the thatguy train.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 08:43:28 PM »
Jumping on the covered wagon, Un Votin' for Shift Key

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 08:46:52 PM »
Well, it's going to be a long day, a long day, indeed, eh, Pancho?

Just a tally:

Thatguy: 18 Days, WindyMan, GoldenPhoenix, and Crimm.
Shift Key: ShyGuy.

So far, I think everybody is all wrong.  We'll see what unfolds next!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »
Loco Pedro, I can see how ya got your name.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
So, this means the cavalry will not be coming. Good one guys.

Since I didn't even see Dasmos post today, its no big loss. Besides, we've played Mafia before without the "outsiders" concept. This changes nothing.

I do regret seeing two townies drop out on the first day but that's probably due to lack of communication.

Originally posted by: thatguy
After my early vote for Vudu, she said she was targeting him to me, which I thought was odd, as Vudu is typically just a day one placeholder for me.  After Shift Key and Patchkid voted Dasmos, she strutted up with Dasmos, instead.  It looks to me like she was looking for a wagon train out farther West, and I don't think we take kin'ley to that talk 'round these parts.

Agreed.

VOTE GOLDENPHOENIX

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 10:07:41 PM »
Changes may be brewing, I'll update ya when I'm good and ready.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 02:17:45 AM »
Vote: Shift Key

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »
VOTE THATGUY I guess. That seems to be the strong bandwagon. We'll see about GP.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 02:56:56 AM »
Voting for Shift Key right now.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 02:56:59 AM »
I'd hate to see thatguy voted out so early. He's about the only one making this interesting.

What's with GP voting for herself now?

VOTE GoldenPhoenix  

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 04:31:14 AM »
Brisco leaned back on the rail outside the saloon, disgusted at the day's happenings. He could've stepped in and tried to save Dasmos. But he hadn't done anything. Heck, he'd left town earlier in the day on a... "personal project" of sorts, and had missed the whole thing.

What have they done? That man was our lifeline, our link to the outside world, and they did 'im in like a common outlaw. We've got to use our heads here...

Brisco tilted his hat forward, considering further

I've got a couple of hunches... one: thatguy, aka Stinky Pete the Crazy Prospector, isn't all he appears. At times he seems totally delusional, and at others, as lucid as you or me. So, sinister or good, I don't know what to make of him.

I'm gonna have to give my vote on who's guilty today... but I'll leave that till later. I want to see how this day unfolds.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 04:34:57 AM »
hmm... not sure who to vote for, so it'll be a placeholder vote...

VOTE STEVEY
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 06:35:19 AM »
Why would somebody vote against themselves?

ex:  Goldenphoenix.  

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »
I tell you this gold mining business is hard work, just stopping in the saloon for a bit to eat. Now I hear that the town is starting to target that loony prospector thatguy. Now don't get me wrong, one less prospector means more gold for me, but I don't see the evidence yet, he did try to save Cactus.

For now I am going to vote wandering He seems to be a bit quieter than usual.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 07:49:51 AM »
It says 'I Choo-choo-choose You,' and there's a picture of a train!  VOTE GOLDEN PHOENIX  Wheee! ...ow, I bit my tongue!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »
Yeah, snowman, you're you, you deserve a milkshake you clever pile of snow, you.  Remember, I'm not sending out PM's this game, that whole shouting and whisper thing.  Anyways, you're a very smart person, I can tell.

Now then, why is everyone voting GP?  Because I said so? Because I said I was suspicious of her, not that I was certain she was a bandit.  Note that I didn't even vote?  So, GP, care to explain yourself?  Have a reason for that?  I said it early in the day so you could have some time to appeal to us, and instead, you vote for yourself.

Also, this person:

I need you to see what you can dig up.
 You are songbird, ok?  That's wonderful news!  You should notice what others have noticed back in day one.  It involves the last person you trust and that person's usual trends.  Ask about it, it may save you a day or so...  The new friend you've found can be bear.  Let him know for me, will you?  That way he can know who I'm talking to.  There's someone else you should meet in particular, I can't say who, but it would be helpful, just because this person knows, or at least, should know some things.  As far as tomorrow goes, songbird, me, and the bear should figure out a method for saying things that apply to that, you know?  Oh, and I think your list there is alright.  I'm not sure about the last one, but it should be ok, since little happened yesterday in that regard.

Cactus, I doubt you know who you are, but are you sure I did that?  How certain?  Why don't you let me know more about you, and we'll get to work on it, ok?

Anyways, I'll probably Stinky Pete up this post in a little while, but things needed to be said before other things got out of hand.