Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103914 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
because some people see the Spanish people (see: from Spain/Espana) as white europeons completely different from the Hispanics from central/south american countries (indiginous people conqured by the Spanish' ancestors), most of which are not white in color but fairly brown.

to those people leon was shooting white people, who spoke spanish.

theres a difference why am i deffending it when im hispanic? boredom...yep

Also, RE4 really didn't have any normal people from the village, save Luis who was a cool guy. As for RE5, we have already seen them rather normal before the change and what looks to be possibly after, ala mr speaker guy, which I could see making this a potentially more touchy subject on account of it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro

Yet it was a similar issue that caused Nintendo to change some symbols and sounds for Zelda: OoT, and for Disney to make a new song version for Aladdin's opening theme...

Doesn't make it any less stupid. The people who get offended by these things need to lighten up.

Hold your horses there. What may seem stupid to you may not seem stupid to someone else; and what seems great to you may seem childish to someone else (games for instance).

As a Muslim, I can verify that they are clearly saying "Allah hu ackbar" which translates to praise God, for he is great. It is an arabic expression used, but not exclusively, in prayer. While it doesn't offend me that it is in the game, what does offend me is that the so called "enemies" or "savages" are the ones that are chanting it.

Then again, I've dealt with this kinda thing all my life so I don't feel the need to care really. People will be people, and ignorance plays into that. I just wanted to prove a point and show you a different perspective.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi

Yet it was a similar issue that caused Nintendo to change some symbols and sounds for Zelda: OoT, and for Disney to make a new song version for Aladdin's opening theme...

Doesn't make it any less stupid. The people who get offended by these things need to lighten up.

Hold your horses there. What may seem stupid to you may not seem stupid to someone else; and what seems great to you may seem childish to someone else (games for instance).

As a Muslim, I can verify that they are clearly saying "Allah hu ackbar" which translates to praise God, for he is great. It is an arabic expression used, but not exclusively, in prayer. While it doesn't offend me that it is in the game, what does offend me is that the so called "enemies" or "savages" are the ones that are chanting it.

Then again, I've dealt with this kinda thing all my life so I don't feel the need to care really. People will be people, and ignorance plays into that. I just wanted to prove a point and show you a different perspective.

Yeah but my perspective is to treat everyone equally. So what if the "bad" guys were chanting that. Is that to say there are no bad muslims in the world? If they were chanting something christian in a game and I had to beat/kill them because they were my enemy I wouldn't care.

Same thing with Italians feeling the Sopranos portrayed us in a "negative" light because they were mobsters. I'm 75% Italian and I could care less.

Unless something is being just plain racist or showing bigotry I don't feel there is a need to censor things.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
That's just your opinion though. What makes your opinion right and others wrong?

You must understand that I am all for non-censoring the media. That's the only fair way to do it.

And sure there are bad muslims, just like how there are bad people in general, but that's not how it's being portrayed. Rather it is making a mockery of the whole religion. There are animals dancing around in a circle, afterall.

You must see how someone could get offended by this, even if you don't. And also, how your comment about their feelings being "stupid" may be hurtful.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Well we'll just never see eye to eye on that.

Offline MLS_man_64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »
A wise man once said "Don't hate people based on what they are, hate them based on who they choose to be".  This is the funniest saying I have ever heard and thought that it was appropriate to pass it along

Anyways, back on topic.

When is the game supposed to come out, 2008?  And why is it not being graphically reduced to fit on Wii?
"I want to be some muscle bound guy dressed like Rambo with a huge gattling gun shooting aliens while I'm snowboarding down an erupting volcano."---Ian Sane

"If you put a $10 ticket up two bucks, that's a 40 per cent jump," he said.---The Toronto Star

If a broken 360 is on a store shel

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »

Originally posted by: MLS_man_64
And why is it not being graphically reduced to fit on Wii?

Cause Capcom is silly.

Offline MLS_man_64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »
"Cause Capcom is silly. "

Good point, but in actuality it is because it would sell good, which would make them money, which would be illogical

Also, I hold out hope for an announcement that it will be released on  the Wii two weeks before it comes out on the competing consoles.  Oh the justice it would be
"I want to be some muscle bound guy dressed like Rambo with a huge gattling gun shooting aliens while I'm snowboarding down an erupting volcano."---Ian Sane

"If you put a $10 ticket up two bucks, that's a 40 per cent jump," he said.---The Toronto Star

If a broken 360 is on a store shel

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
So long as sales of RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles are good, I won't count out RE5 being ported at some point.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »

So long as sales of RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles are good, I won't count out RE5 being ported at some point.

they say they're going to gauge the sales of those two games to see if wii owners want RE on their system but... its capcom... so i dunno..

i dont remember who said this in another thread, sorry for not being able to quote you so i'll just paraphrase it:

its capcom; if re4 sells well on wii they'll say wii owners want cheap-cash-in-ports
if re:uc sells well they'll say wii owners want watered down versions of their games.

its a lose/lose situation
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
This is turning into a racial/religion debate? Get over it, we all face something every day that may we may be offensive, but those of us that deal with it and move on. To see a racial overtone in either RE4 or 5 is ridiculous, and frankly people need to get over being so sensitive and thinking that game developers or whatever are out to get them.  Heck I could read alot of anti-christian things into games, but guess what? I try not to take it too seriously, heck sometimes I laugh when it is a "anti-Christian" joke (Family Guy comes to mind when it comes to that).

Anyway I think RE1 is very offensive, because you shoot white males all the time. I mean a black/asian/hispanic/indian/feminist/racist may take great joy out of shooting white MALE zombies.  

To get back on topic, I am not that impressed by the trailer the game looks like RE4 all over again, and the aiming controls looks pretty lame.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »

Originally posted by: capamerica
I really hope the Wii gets a version of this.
If the PS2 could get a downgraded version of RE4 why can't the Wii get a downgraded version of RE5?

If all else fails I guess I can always pick it up for my Xbox360

Hence why I picked up a 360. There's a good chance that the 360 will get whatever the PS3 is getting so if I can't get it on the Wii I can at least check it out on the 360.

And Brandogg, please edit the link, it is stretching the screen.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
I can definitely see how people can be offended by certain things, in this and in anything else... but since when did being offended entitle anyone to anything? *shrug*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »
Well, uh, somehow my joke post got spawned into serious racial issues discussion...Whoops...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »
You weren't joking you racist Loli!!!

lol jk of course.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »
I knew this would get heated...

thanks alot Bill!!

:slowly backs out of discussion:
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
Hey can someone implement "Island in the Sun" into that trailer? That would make for the best trailer EVER.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2007, 09:04:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Well, uh, somehow my joke post got spawned into serious racial issues discussion...Whoops...

Don't flatter yourself.

I just want to make it clear (because some people aren't getting the picture) that all I was doing was showing you how someone might be offended by this or any other game. You may think they are "stupid" or "selfish" but that's the way the world works. I understand that people would get along better if we can stop getting offended, but is that a realistic solution? Especially since religion is such a touchy subject; a subject that many people have died for and/or are willing to die for. It is so hard for a person to relax and "deal with it" when it is such a powerful force in there life.

That's the last thing I'll say about that.

Oh and the RE5 thing......I could really care less if there's a white dude in it. I just had this picture stuck in my head of my roommate playing this and being the racist prick that he is, that's all.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2007, 09:09:01 PM »

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

Don't flatter yourself.

I just want to make it clear (because some people aren't getting the picture) that all I was doing was showing you how someone might be offended by this or any other game. You may think they are "stupid" or "selfish" but that's the way the world works. I understand that people would get along better if we can stop getting offended, but is that a realistic solution? Especially since religion is such a touchy subject; a subject that many people have died for and/or are willing to die for. It is so hard for a person to relax and "deal with it" when it is such a powerful force in there life.

That's the last thing I'll say about that.

Oh and the RE5 thing......I could really care less if there's a white dude in it. I just had this picture stuck in my head of my roommate playing this and being the racist prick that he is, that's all.

Think of this way at least it is better he is doing that stuff in a video game!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2007, 09:15:11 PM »

a subject that many people have died for and/or are willing to die for.

and yet religions all teach us that killing is bad (if people are dying for religion they are fighting over religious beliefs more than likely) . . .

hence why major bodies of religion are a joke and people shouldn't complain about references to said religions in video games.

/discuss  

Edit: To clarify, religious beliefs aren't a joke but the major bodies of religious teaching that use the religion as a tool for war makes those very bodies of religion a joke.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »

a subject that many people have died for and/or are willing to die for.

and yet religions all teach us that killing is bad (if people are dying for religion they are fighting over religious beliefs more than likely) . . .

hence why religions are a joke and people shouldn't complain about references to said religions in video games.

/discuss

Actually the key reason for wars, including religious wars is lust for power. You can see that down through history, that is how people are. To blame a religion on it is silly, it is the need for power or the fear of losing power.  

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »
Perhaps, but if they are fighting in the name of religion, religion is the at least part of the cause.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »

Perhaps, but if they are fighting in the name of religion, religion is the at least part of the cause.

You could say the same about Nazi Germany, except for religion, they were fighting justifying it with secular darwinism to create a utopia with the master race through survival of the fittest.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
Regardless my point remains valid, so long as people are killing in the name of religion, religious beliefs leading to conflicts and wars are contradictory to their very teachings which is why I don't really take to any of the major religions as they all seem to be involved in that one way or another.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2007, 09:31:31 PM »

Regardless my point remains valid, so long as people are killing in the name of religion, religious beliefs leading to conflicts and wars are contradictory to their very teachings which is why I don't really take to any of the major religions as they all seem to be involved in that one way or another.

Well we could get into this deeper, but this could turn ugly REALLY fast and is against the board rules.