Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 104278 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »
I beat this demo. I got good enough that I could do it again. I actually love the game now <3  I owe it my apology. However the game could really use the wiimote pointer.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »
I'm officially more excited for Halo Wars then I am RE5.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2009, 07:49:11 PM »
Did you use a pistol to kill them?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2009, 03:47:19 AM »
Yes most of my kills were with the pistol. However, with the large man with the axe, and the chainsaw dude, I avoided using the pistol at all costs. I relied more on the environment, blowing up the red barrels as they walked by.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »
I wish you could change them to actual zombies.  Cause I like resident evil like that.

That is one thing I miss about RE that started in 4, lack of real zombies.

I'd like a mix of both actually. Have dozens of slow moving zombies (maybe a Crimson Head or two) in certain areas and smarter Ganados (or whatever) types in others, wherever the gameplay suited it best.

That is a good compromise. One of my favorite sequences ever is in the beginning of RE2 with the fire and the meandering (creepy) zombies. Great stuff.

This.

I like Regenerators more than any of them.

AND this. Those things were freaking awesome. I wish i was good at hacking and modding games so i could make all enemies Regenerators<33

Seriously though, just because they introduced this new time of enemies (those corrupted by Las Plagas) doesn't mean they can't write zombies back into the storyline right? Imagine how awesome the village in RE4 wouldv'e been if while you're being chased into the graveyard by the villagers, zombies just popped out of the ground? And before you say the gameplay would of made zombies a non-threat, imagine if they changed them so they pretty much NEVER went down. Shoot out their legs? They crawl to you. Shoot off their heads? They'll still come over to you and hold you down for more enemies to gang rape you.

That ever present threat of something that just won't die is something i miss about RE, and it'd be sad to find out that RE5 won't have it because it'll focus more on the action aspects newly introduced to the series. Its a shame too, since on the PS360 they have the system power to allow for all this.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
I'm officially more excited for Halo Wars then I am RE5.

Are you actually excited for Halo Wars?

After all the hype the game got about being designed from the ground up for consoles I'd have expected it to control less conventionally (and clumsy).

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
I think the series might be done with zombies proper, which suits me fine. Always with the damn zombies. Based on the events of RE1-4, Umbrella Chronicles, and Regeneration (which is canon), and the brief BOW's in the demo, I think this is what's going to happen in RE5:

Wesker already has the T-Virus. Despite its failure to create truly intelligent BOW's, the T-Virus allows its hosts to be more genetically stable. The Nemesis was created with the G-Virus, and although it was fairly intelligent and took orders, it mutated at every turn and eventually became totally unhinged. Thus, Tyrants created with the G-Virus are not really an option. The most stable Tyrants have been the Ivan models, which were modified Super Tyrants. Wesker also discovered the G-Virus thanks to the experiments on Lisa Trevor.

Anyway, Wesker missed out on the Code Veronica virus because Chris and Claire went and killed its sole host (and the corpse went up in flames). At the end of RE4, Wesker got ahold of a Las Plagas sample.

At the end of Umbrella Chronicles, Wesker stole all of the data from Umbrella's Russian branch, where the best Tyrants were produced, including the Ivans and TALOS. TALOS is unique in that it combines the strength and genetic stability of a standard Tyrant with remote behavioral control. The TALOS model is essentially a puppet, even after it mutates into its final form.

The BOW's in the RE5 demo have wings and increased resistance to gunfire, which strongly implies that they are "infected" with the T-Virus. Because humans have proven to be such unstable or unsuitable hosts for the T-Virus (for military purposes) and the G-Virus (for stability purposes), I'm guessing that the next step is to create more powerful Plagas.

Just a thought!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2009, 03:16:48 PM »
Well duuuh. lol
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
Halbred:  That just makes me wish I knew the story of all the RE games because it seems to have a rich history and interesting evolution of the story beyond just Zombies.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
Spak, I recommend two things:

1) Umbrella Chronicles. It offers a very good summary of the first few games.
2) "The Resident Evil Archives," a book that compiles all the relevant plot information from RE0 to Code Veronica. Beautiful illustrations, too.

Wonderful sources. RE's mythology is topped only by MGS.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
None of it was rich or interesting until Mikami revamped his baby and delivered the REmake to GameCube.

In it, he introduced Lisa Trevor, providing the key backstory that unified the science fiction of the classic series.  This tone and level of detail would carry on in RE0 and RE4, with more gaps filled in via The Umbrella Chronicles.  Why didn't RE2, 3 and CV get the REmake treatment?  Probably cuz they weren't interesting in the first place, with cities overrun with zombies and travelling to far away facilities -- that's all just wackiness.

Now Mikami is GONE.  GONE.  HE IS GONE.

What is RE5?  MASHED POTATOES
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »
I'm sorry but MGS's mythology is topped by killer7 and Bubble Bobble.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Ouch. Where's the MGS love, NinGurl?

I think the RE backstory could be fully fleshed out with a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles that details the events of RE2 and Code: Veronica.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 12, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
Why would we ever want to detail the events of Code Veronica?!'

The horror ... the horror ....
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »
Looks like Capcom killed off a specific beloved character

Looks like they killed off Jill someone supposedly hacked the RE5 demo and found out that in the enemy lists file one enemy is called zombie Jill

Edit: More Info - The game has 80 minutes of cut scenes and a certain reviewer beat the game in 07:31:01(hh/mm/ss) not counting the 80 minutes worth of cut scenes. The reviewer also said that he didn't rush through the game.

Quote from: destructoid.com
Clarifying the info to the angry masses on its blog, they repeat that their first single play-through was seven hours, thirty-six minutes ... and one second. There's even screens to prove it! It also says that the game contains roughly 80 minutes worth of cut-scenes, and that the times shown weren't achieved by rushing through the game.

It's also mentioned that "you cannot see all there is to see in Resident Evil 5 in under ten hours," citing all sorts of extras and unlocks that could keep you playing. But for those who aren't completionists -- simply interested in a one-off experience -- this may sound a bit disappointing. When I complete a three chapter preview build of the game in around five hours, so this doesn't seem like such an outrageous claim.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:38:35 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »
Rotten Jill Sandwich info was leaked several months ago, I believe.

Chris' arms are so huge he cuts gameplay time in HALF.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »
Edit: More Info - The game has 80 minutes of cut scenes and a certain reviewer beat the game in 07:31:01(hh/mm/ss) not counting the 80 minutes worth of cut scenes. The reviewer also said that he didn't rush through the game.
I didn't know RE5 was trying to be MGS4.

Time to go back to playing Mario Galaxy, which has a better storyline then any other game I played. Why do I say that? Because it has no story AT ALL. =D

Realize that Pro Daisy is telling the honest to god truth. I want to join the fan club made for him.

If one even existed.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
I didn't know RE5 was trying to be MGS4.

Time to go back to playing Mario Galaxy, which has a better storyline then any other game I played. Why do I say that? Because it has no story AT ALL. =D

Realize that Pro Daisy is telling the honest to god truth. I want to join the fan club made for him.

If one even existed.

Not true, the Rosalina story is far more emotionally engaging then both MGS or RE!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
Wow....this game just keeps getting worse. I was going to surprise my brother with it when it was first announced, now I think I'll just wait to get him GOW3.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2009, 03:32:46 PM »
...which looks AWESOME.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
Yup. The funny thing about those games though is that he'd rather watch them be played then actually play them.

For instance, I played GOW and GOW 2 while he watched them and he thought it was the tightest **** ever. I did the same thing with ShadowOC. For some reason, he finds it much more entertaining to watch me wrestle through the game.

But he does love PoP.......weird.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »
So, will there be any online coop people here?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
Better be. I have it waiting for me at my house (working all day today), I'm going to pop it in and live in front of the TV for a few days/weeks/months/years.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
Try hours.  Ba-da-boom!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #324 on: March 10, 2009, 05:20:04 PM »
oh dear =D