Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« on: March 20, 2003, 09:36:24 PM »
Lately it seems that wherever I go on the internet, people are talking about GameCube, and almost never in a negative way.  Maybe I just hang out with the hardcore gamers too much, but it seems to me that Nintendo is really regaining their acceptance in the marketplace.  Is this just me, or is it really true?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Wrx_Boi

• View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 09:56:54 PM »
its just you, imo they are bagging it out even more.

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 10:22:23 PM »
In the last few months I have noticed fewer and fewer negative posts about the Gamecube in the forums I visit daily.  At the same time posts by people who have just purchased the system have gone up.  There is also less stupid fanboy flaming going on, and when it does most people just shoot emm down and defend the system.  It has been interesting to watch.  

Is this a sign that Nintendo i starting to change its image?  
Better yet, is this a sign that more games are starting to realize that graphics (quality or style) do not equal gameplay?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Is it just me?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 11:04:59 PM »
People like free gifts and offers.

Just like how I got free 1-year subscriptions to Time, EGM, and Maxim after buying an anime DVD from Best Buy online.  I like free.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 12:11:55 AM »
But then the free thing is good, more people buy and realise how good the games are and sales continue to rise!
Its strange though, Gamecube seemed to take a while to adjust in while X-Box, a new comer adjusted quite fast. Most likely due to the bundles and bundles of 'joy'.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 12:23:24 AM »
Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that the three most critically aclaimed games of all time are all playable on Nintendo Gamecube...

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Seriously though, ive noticed people starting to appreciate Gamecube and Nintendo alot more now too, and i think it might be because of Wind Waker. The new look of Zelda has everyone talking, and i havent heard ANYTHING bad about it, i no about 11 people with Gamecubes, and i no about 20 who are getting one when Zelda comes out... But overall i think that Nintendo's constant quality that's present in each and every game they make, is why people are talking about them so positively. People are talking.... Lots of people.... and thats a big deal considering im from Australia, where Gamecube is dead last and the worst selling console of all time, but i think Zelda and Metroid will help Nintendo Australia recover... One can hope cant he *hopes*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 01:44:29 AM »
With that way cool sale going on at Grace Bros tomorrow, with Gamecube's going for a super-super-super-super cheap AUS$99, i know heaps of people buying a Gamecube now.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 09:28:21 PM »
Well, I am certainly glad that it's not just me then.  It seems that Nintendo has quickly and firmly addressed their image after all.  Man do I ever love Nintendo.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
Is it just me?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2003, 09:44:14 AM »
The situation in US might be that everyone is praising the cube and so on. But in the UK things are looking like they are on a downward spiral. What with the lateness of every nintendo game or not being released. I myself am quite happy with my cube but the general feeling amoung UK cube owners is that things aren't so great. Stores are losing faith ATM.

Saying all this though we 'might' be on the cusp of a change. With MP finally out as of friday and RE0 released 2 weeks ago, coupled with the low prices that stores are selling the cube at ( though currently it is believed that these low prices are due to the stores dropping the cube) there might be some light here in the UK. ~:/