Author Topic: Atari Hops On The Online Bandwagon For Wii  (Read 1710 times)

Offline AzureNightmare

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Atari Hops On The Online Bandwagon For Wii
« on: July 10, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to be the first in the series to sport online functionality
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13830

Earlier today IGN Wii reported that Atari announced in a statement that the Wii version of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 would infact have an online mode for competitive play with other players.    

The Playstation 2 version on the other hand, will be home to a strictly offline experience, but even then Atari won't leave them in the cold. The Playstation 2 build of the game will come with a bonus Fusion Disc System that will help unlock gameplay modes in the two previous versions of the game.    

"Atari is incredibly excited to provide online gameplay for the Wii and a special Disc Fusion System for the PlayStation 2 system version of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3," said Emily Anadu, senior product manager, Atari. "Adding online gameplay for Wii will finally deliver on a feature that fans have been waiting for while the Disc Fusion System on PlayStation 2 rewards those fans that have supported us from the beginning of the Budokai Tenkaichi series."

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE: Atari Hops On The Online Bandwagon For Wii
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
It's certainly a nice change to see a non-Nintendo system get the crappy feature that doesn't at all make up for no online play.  I should point out that the IGN article says the PS2 version lacks online multiplayer, not that it lacks any multiplayer mode at all.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:56 PM »
I might actually buy this version. I almost bought the last one, but now I'm glad I held out.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »
Am I really not going to get a news tip credit for this one?

=(

I submitted it via the news thing and put it on the rumors forum with confirmation. Oh well.