Author Topic: Puzzle Quest  (Read 2462 times)

Offline MasterofJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Puzzle Quest
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:47 AM »
Hey guys, I've been looking into Puzzle Quest for a while but I can't decide if I should spend the money on it. I was looking around trying to find some reviews or previews for it (To go along with what I've found here), and I found a show that is planning to review it this week.

It's a show called Epileptic Gaming, and I've seen some of their stuff in the past, they always have good reviews and content about games so I think I'm going to base my decision off of them.

The show is on Thursday at 7 PM EST (4 PM PST) and they do a live stream on their website when it happens. If you guys havn't heard of them, check out this Thursdays show and let me know what you think about their reviews of Puzzle Quest.

Their website is http://epilepticgaming.ggl.com or they have a YouTube account too (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EpilepticGaming).

Offline Mode7

• View Profile
RE:Puzzle Quest
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »
Nope.

Get Planet Puzzle League instead. A sorely underrepresented game, the series gets its due recognition with the DS version.

Touch control enables more dynamic control of the panels.

Wi-fi battle anyone across the world, with voice-chat even.

Multi-player local, including single-cart download play..

Daily puzzles...

Just look it up and you'll see.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
Well if you ask me and which ever NWR staff member reviewed Puzzle Quest we would whole heartedly recommend it because its hard to put down and its a nice blend of RPG and strategy bejeweled style. Sure the PSP version and the upcoming XBLA version have better graphics but whats the point of uber shiny graphics on a puzzler and the touch screen controls in puzzle quest are awesome and it will last you for hours biggest drawback I see in the DS version is 2 character slots.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline MasterofJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:33:03 AM »
I'm used to the terrible graphics of handheld PDA games, and I really like the puzzles that this game seems to have but I'm not a huge RPG fan, do the puzzles and the entire game really revolve around it? Hopefully the guys at epileptic gaming will be able to help out with my decision. I'm the type of guy who makes pro/con lists of everything and so far the pros and cons are about even.

Offline archioverload

• View Profile
RE: Puzzle Quest
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:35:27 AM »
Finally picked this up. Just a day into it and I can already tell this is going to be some high-grade crack. My wife seems to be addicted to it too.

Anyone who's played this knows how to get rid of the "helpful" blinking arrow that suggests a move during a battle?
"Dazzle people with smoke and mirrors, and swoop down like an eagle to clutch their hearts in your claws." --Travis, Killer 7

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Puzzle Quest
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 04:49:59 AM »
Congrats, and don't forget to check your life at the startup screen for a few weeks, archie

Hmm, don't know about the arrow. I eventually was able to ignore it completely somehow. Especially in some of the time-intensive missions (where you have like three seconds to make your move), it doesn't even play a factor at all.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline archioverload

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:51 AM »
What I like most about the game so far is how the puzzle dynamic is used in a lot of different ways--the timed puzzles like you mentioned, as well as the captures and the spell research (which can be brutal), etc. etc. I haven't gotten to city sieges yet, but that looks fun.  
"Dazzle people with smoke and mirrors, and swoop down like an eagle to clutch their hearts in your claws." --Travis, Killer 7

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »

Originally posted by: archioverload
Finally picked this up. Just a day into it and I can already tell this is going to be some high-grade crack. My wife seems to be addicted to it too.

Anyone who's played this knows how to get rid of the "helpful" blinking arrow that suggests a move during a battle?

I've found the easiest thing to do is just click on anywhere on the board, but don't complete the move.  Once the first stone is highlighted the arrow goes away, although now you've been left with a big green ring on the board.  Well, at least it doesn't flash.  Also, what Mode 7 said is correct, you should get Planet Puzzle League as well.  Both games are great, but Puzzle Quest does not have a balanced multiplayer.  So, get them both I say, then send a friend code out to me for some hot puzzle on puzzle action!!  Err...I mean we could play or something.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988