Author Topic: My adventure mobile web log!  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
My adventure mobile web log!
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:13:16 PM »
Well, I'm sitting here on a bus bound for Arkansas where I hope my dreams will come true.

It all started about a month ago when, for some crazy reason I don't understand, I volunteered to represent my Wal*Mart store at our annual Shareholder's meeting... And, apparently, I haven't caused enough trouble at work, because for some crazy reason, they let me go.

Anywhoo, I had to drive an hour north to another Wal*Mart to get on a bus for a 7 hour drive south. At midnight. So here I am.

More to come, as I get bored...

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
RE:My adventure mobile web log!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
I'm more bored than I thought.

Well, the first day of events is the Vendor Fair.  My plan is to find Nintendo's booth (I would assume they have one) and get aquainted with the folks there. Since my name badge has a cool Mario Kart DS die cast metal pin and I'm wearing my Super Shroom hat, I figure they'll take a liking to me right off the bat.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, the Wal*Mart I had to meet the bus at had Nintendo T-shirts that fit me! (I've never seen Nintendo tees at a Wal*Mart before!)  I take this as an omen.

So, in addition, I'm wearing a retro-ish Donkey Kong shirt.

Anywhoo, my plan is that they'll like me so much that they'll offer me a job.  Doing anything.  Reggie's butt wiper, I don't care... (How much you think I could got on eBay for Reggie's used TP?)

If that plan doesn't work, then I'm going to stow away in one of their vehicles and make them take me with them.  Perhaps I'll kill the prettiest one and take their skin/place in life. I haven't decided yet.

More to come, I'm sure..

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: My adventure mobile web log!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »
I saw some of Nintendo's marketing team at a LOEWS Hotel that was integrated with Universal Studios Orlando last year.  Apparently, they were planning something for either September or October at the hotel and doing some scoping.  The lady I talked to said she knew Reggie.  I was surprised.  They seemed friendly, though I talked to them for less than a few minutes.  Good luck, hopefully your wish will come true!

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement, thatguy!

I would like to add, again, WAP browsing on these forums sucks, badly... So don't feel rejected if I don't respond to your replies, I probably can't read them.

If a moderator can get into this account ('Uncle Bob' with a space) and make a few changes to help streamline page loading, that'd be awesomly spiffy!

Turn off signatures, limit threads to something like 10 per page and posts to something like 5 per page.  Apparently, WAP doesn't like to do much with scripts.

Anywhoo, I've got my cell on me, so if anyone wants to send me a random text, please feel free.  I'm on Verizon Wireless, if that makes a difference to you.

Also, someone design a bus with WiFi... I want to go online with my DS, but I can't.

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:47:15 PM »
Additionally, I'd like to point out to no one but myself that the DK shirt I got is wrong.  It is a 'retro' shirt that has a faded-ish decal on the front.  The "Donkey Kong" logo is the old school logo with the stars in the Os, while DK is wearing his red tie with DK on it.

Fail.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »
Where you at in Arkansas?

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:00:44 PM »
Right now, I'm not... We just stopped at some seedy rest area somewhere in MO.  I would like to add that if my plan to somehow ally myself with Nintendo fails, I'm going to come up with a plan to sell pilllows in vending machines at rest areas.  If they can smoosh a t-shirt down to the size of a small package of tissues, I can smoosh a pillow down to the size of a bottled soda or such.

Anywhoo, back to the question... Our destination is some hotel in Springdale with events going on in Fayetteville... Why? Planning to stalk me?

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 12:34:53 AM »
I think we're in AR now... We've stopped at a Shoney's.  Whoo!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 02:30:11 AM »
^ Point and laugh. You work at Wal Mart. Seriously, is your Wal Mart a pit of misery and dispair? I only know them by reputation, so yeah.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 02:44:59 AM »
Uncle Bob, why aren't you using your normal account?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 06:13:40 AM »
He is, a moderator stripped basically everything at his request, so he could use his cell phone to post and read posts easier.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 06:41:42 AM »
So I wanted to be a jerk and post a bunch of random crap so Bob has to spend several minutes scrolling past it every time he loads the page would anyone mind?  o_O
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 06:57:13 AM »

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 04:40:09 PM »
UncleBob's normal account has no spaces.  That is in fact a different account which makes me wonder if it is really him.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnn
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 05:07:04 PM »
Oh, duh.  I forgot you moderate, Pale.  Sorry.  Of course, since he's on a cell phone, no one can trace his IP.  Perhaps someone murdered UncleBob.

Are his calls coming from inside the building?  He could be after us!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »
Uncle Bob made the dupe account to post in THIS thread.

Duplicate accounting. Time to ban.

BAN!!

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »
Actually, I made the account over a year ago in this thread: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=16148&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

I decided to use this account for mobile posting so that I could strip the options down and I'd be able to view it on my phone.  Little did I know that my phone wouldn't let me change the options.  Then, when I actually got into NoAR, I find out there's no native Verizon Wireless signal in this area - so I cannot even use data services...

Thankfully, I've discovered that the hotel I'm staying at provides free computers/internet access during your stay.  I've also noticed that this computer provides auto spell checking through FireFox... Is that a plug in you can get or what?

Anywhoo... So far, everything sucks.  The vendor fair was mostly food.  No Nintendo in sight.  They're avoiding me (to be fair, there was no Sony either.  Microsoft was there with a van and a Guitar Hero 2 demo... Is it bad that their big thing to show off is a 6-8 month old PS2 game?)

There was a concert last night.  It was the Eagles.  I missed it.  Even though only invited Wal*Mart associates were supposed to be let in, apparently there wasn't enough seating in the Bud Walton Arena.  There were probably about 500 of us who didn't get in.

"Hall and Oats" and "Kool and the Gang" are performing one concert tonight.  "RBD" and some other band I can't remember is doing another concert.  I've never heard of any of them.

Had a good meeting this morning though... It might sound corny, but it really inspired me to go back and do something to raise money for CMN.  I'll be looking toward an idea for that soon...  Decent meeting this afternoon with our Regional.  The man is surprisingly good at almost giving an answer.

Whatever you do, don't ever go on a tour of the "Home Office".  It's just a lot of little cubicles.  Not exciting at all.

Also, not that I'm mobile right now, but ShyGuy, your attempt would have failed.  The physical (?) size of the page doesn't matter, it's based on the data (kb or what not)... I would have been forced to do a lot of scrolling, but that's it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »
The new versions of Firefox have the spell check built in. wurm worm.

I will thwart your phone yet, RICHARD!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »
Firefox's built in spell checker does wonders.  It's even built so you can add words to the dictionary with a simple right-click, then click.  Very nice, and very useful.

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
So what you're saying is that I need to download the new version of FireFox when I get home... yay!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
Or Portable Firefox.  Oh and if anyone is curious FireFox uses ASpell to do the spell checking of memory serve.  It started out in the *nix world, I believe AbiWord uses it, then moved to Windows land.  It can be integrated with Gaim as well.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 05:38:30 PM »
I wish I could download a portable FireFox to my phone..
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.