Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Wii exclusive  (Read 36127 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Spielberg Wii exclusive
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:03 PM »
I'll get this game eventually, but I can't justify buying it at launch. I'm seriously cutting back on my game purchases. Like... oh who am I kidding I wanted to watch a couple movies in theatres this month! T_T

You are a nazi.

I wasn't able to pre-order it, but I do now have it slated for a purchase later on in the month by eliminating another possible purchase. GP, I did all this to please you. j/k
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
I am concerned about how this game will do, all over I'm seeing stupid comments like "This game looks like a good bargain bin title and should have been a Wii Ware game". The game is jam packed with content and easily justify's its price unlike many games out there from what I've read. Hopefully this group of ::dumb:: people is just a minority.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:29 PM »
You're on the internet, GP. I'd be optimistic in the face of such "evidence."

Let's not forget also the potential for games like Boom Blox that appeal to a wide audience to sell consistently over a long period of time. These are games that exhibit long-term sales based on constant rediscovery by additional pockets of lapsed gamers, walk-ins, and expanded audience gamers, and aided greatly by word of mouth.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2008, 12:49:15 AM »
I will do my part.  I am picking it up tomorrow.

I don't understand the comments of Wii Ware title.

They have over 400 stages, customize levels to your liking...create your own levels.

Multi-player modes, how is this game not worth it? 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »
Real gamers hate puzzles.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2008, 01:22:52 AM »
I will proudly NOT be a real gamer then...because Puzzle games are one of my favorite genres.

but I think the real truth is.  Real Gamers don't play Nintendo games period.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2008, 04:38:31 AM »
I can't wait to see what crazy levels people create in the game.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:11 AM »
What's the go with online functionality? Can you receive maps from friends and/or a central download service?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »
What's the go with online functionality? Can you receive maps from friends and/or a central download service?

Friends via WiiConnect24 meaning people who are in your Wii Console's address book so you should stock up your friends Wii console friend codes.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Gamejunkie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »
I got to play this quite a bit this past weekend and I was really impressed by it. I think it has a lot to offer both the casual and hardcore gamer and is definitely worth it's full retail price with all the content on offer and the amount of depth it has. It also makes pretty good use of the remote. My US copy has shipped today and is on it's way here to the UK as I type this. Hopefully I should have it by Saturday. I'm really looking forward to playing it a whole lot more.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
Ok, I have done my part in supporting original concept games.  I have this game in my car as we speaking.  I am just waiting to get off work to play it.

This will probably be my last full price game for the summer...and probably until my Birthday.  I will probably spend another 20 on WiiWare games though.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
Reviews for this game are all over the place.  1UP gave it an A+ (100%) and GameSpot gave it a 7.0 (70%).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
Reviews for this game are all over the place.  1UP gave it an A+ (100%) and GameSpot gave it a 7.0 (70%).

Gamespots review was ridiculous. I mean, complaining about story? The game being on the same level as Sonic Tennis (same reviewer). Yeah I wouldn't put too much legitimacy in it. The is great and super addicting.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
More proof of traditional reviewers being CLUELESS as to how to approach Wii games, for better or for worse.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
More proof of traditional reviewers being CLUELESS as to how to approach Wii games, for better or for worse.

Tetris had an amazing story, that had to be what they were comparing it to. I mean how can you get any better than grouping people of all colors to fight for a common cause (points) and punishing those who decide to not group together with those who are different. Amazing!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
I am getting my butt kicked in Wings of (not sure what the rest of the title is) the last puzzle in the block pulling mini-games. I've gotten to 18 pts but can't get 20, stupid cows keep on dieing on me.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2008, 11:20:04 PM »
I love this game.  It is not perfect, but their are portions of the game that it nails perfectly and those are super addicting.  This game may be the DEFINITIVE and DEFINING puzzle game of this generation.  It is that good...and there is so much potential in this series...yes I called it a series, this game will have a sequel, and its sequel will rock and iron out all the original wrinkles, but don't wait, because this game truly is brilliant.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2008, 11:51:14 PM »
The funny thing is that Spak isn't too far off and I am only doing one segment of the single player experience and I'm already having a blast. This game easily justifies its asking price, you will find few games so packed with features with a wide variety of puzzle types. It isn't all about blowing up blocks but provides you with tons of different things like the "jenga" style puzzles to causing chain reactions with well aimed and thought out throws to knock things like two green blocks together to cause an explosion.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »
And going for Gold is addicting.  I found I actually achieved goal on a few puzzles, but not exactly how I wanted and kept on playing them.

My favorites are the Jenga games, Vanishing Puzzles which gives you limited balls and you are going for points, the Chemical Blox puzzles are great too. 

This game isn't about graphics or story it is about the core concept and game play.  They have nailed the core concept perfectly, and really spent the time to come up with the variations to the formula to keep it interesting.  the game play mechanics are mostly there too.  Some things I would have liked them to work but, but overall the game is fantastic...and it does feel like a Nintendo quality game and coming from EA that is shocking.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
Story and characters are embarrassingly bad

Gamespot hit it right on the head, I was extremely disappointed to not see a story that rivaled Bust a Move or Tetris. EA should be ashamed.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »

Tetris had an amazing story, that had to be what they were comparing it to. I mean how can you get any better than grouping people of all colors to fight for a common cause (points) and punishing those who decide to not group together with those who are different. Amazing!

Suddenly, Tetris being invented in Soviet Russia makes perfect sense.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2008, 08:51:50 PM »
I picked up this game and I'm enjoying it.  My biggest problem with it is that during the adventure mode not allowing a second player.  A lot of back seat playing.  Also My wife and I played through all the Multiplayer last not and didn't unlock anything.  I thought we open a few more multiplayer towers.

So far overall a good game.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »
I like the game but the disc reading is completely ridiculous. The game makes so much external noise, and it can't be good for the Wii. Simply unacceptable.

Offline Deep-Six

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
I like the game but the disc reading is completely ridiculous. The game makes so much external noise, and it can't be good for the Wii. Simply unacceptable.

I don't think its the game, I think you need to get your Wii checked.  My Wii broke after it starded making loud noise as it read the disk.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2008, 08:09:26 PM »
It's only that game that does it. I've heard others saying so too, can anyone else confirm?