Author Topic: Theme Park  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Theme Park
« on: April 01, 2007, 03:07:32 AM »
In Theme Park, you make theme parks. A shocking concept considering the name of the game. My favorite thing to do in Theme Park is to make theme parks, but that's not all you can do in Theme Park, you can also manage your theme parks. Do you like to eat chips and/or 'french fries' in theme parks? I do. That's why in my theme parks, I raise the salt content to 100%, and do not provide anywhere to buy drinks. That's how you run a successful theme park in Theme Park! Another is to not put any toilets in the theme park, so people vomit all over eachother and start crying. Just like a real theme park!

It's a very solid port of the PC original, Theme Park, with mostly sensible touch screen controls. Seeing as EA's Japanese team handled the conversion (of Theme Park), they've added some Kawaii Chicken McNugget characters to give you tips and stuff throughout the game, which is Theme Park. The dude from the original is gone. In his place are

- Old man that looks a bit like him
- Little girl that has a pet bird on her shoulder
- Cool skater boi that informs you that every ride is gnarly
- 'Sexy' business woman (they say she's sexy in the manual, but she is not)

Other changes include country-exclusive food shops. They all serve the same things, just look different. Also there's new music. It's still a great sim to get lost in after all these years. I heard a rumour that Mario Basketball uses the touch screen, discuss the downfall of Nintendo! Here are some screens. Of Theme Park.

Theme Park.  

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Theme Park
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
Its a great game, but the major flaw its building things
drawing a gesture to pick a building is painful, and u need to do it everytime for multiable of the same buildings

I have done about 5 locations, up to the medium ones

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »
Oh yeah, I hate having to draw that stupid little tick to select things. It's pointless.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:15:35 AM »
This game sounds cool; what's it called?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
Isn't it Roller Coaster Tycoon?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »
It's Sim Ant

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
I like how all the screenshots of the game ever invented show Theme Parks that are doomed to fail, with just one or two people getting lost and no placement of things. it's like the hidden difficulty setting, when I first went to play this game, I went about imitating the screenshots to eb met with failure. The real trick is to pretty muigh control every aspect of your little attendess time int he park. As soon as they get off one ride,tehy find themselves facing a food shop, they might try to walk to the exit but find themselves compelled by the one way arrows, forced agaisnt their will intot he tin can gmae with unwinnable odds. It's great.

pro tip: put food stuff OUTSIDE the theme park walls, like where teh busses come in, then there is no escape.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 11:15:27 PM »
I love this game. Now that I'm no longer 11 years old, I stand a chance of actually not going bankrupt by year 5!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.