Author Topic: Panel de Pon for DS!!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Panel de Pon for DS!!
« on: February 21, 2007, 08:46:10 AM »
IGN just reported that Nintendo of Japan just announced Panel De Pon on the 24th of April.  For those of you who didn't know, in the states this game was called Tetris Attack on the SNES, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on the N64 and GBC, and Puzzle League on the GBA.  Sure, it's been released many times before, but now it's on the DS with WI-FI support!  It's so freakin' on.

This game is completely underrated in my opinion and I will do whatever it takes to get the word out so more people will play it.  Here is a link to some scans from famitsu:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007/02/21/104,1172037495,67429,0,0.html

Enjoy!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Mode7

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Panel de Pon for DS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
I agree. This game is largely underrated. Such a disgrace that people would not give this game a chance. It has much more strategy than vanilla Tetris does and the action certainly gets hectic. Your fingers will receive a workout.

Honestly, no one I know (school, friends, family, etc.) has played this game. SAD.

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but we are getting the game state side on June 4th!  Wifi in the states too.  I will personally deliver my friend code to each and every member of this forum and I will create a Puzzle Challenge frenzy the likes this world has never seen.  Stay tuned!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Dryden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:29:49 AM »
Hurray!

However, it does mean my favourite Tetris Attack won't be coming to the virtual console for a long, long time...
Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:16:29 AM »
Sadly yes we probably won't see it for a long time, if ever, BUT it still wouldn't have WI-FI support!  I can't wait to jump online and get my butt kicked!!  Then, as I get better, I'll finally be able to make people drop out when their about to lose!  OMEGA W** here I come!

**The Omega W is an expression created by myself and my friend when we used to play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on Xbox Live.  The Omega W is a victory that is so overwhelming that the host ends his own game.  What made it great was the fact that the host never has any lag, which we all know is the number one excuse why people drop out of games, whether real or not.  So the next time your playing any game online and someone drops, turn to the nearest person to you and throw out a high five while screaming, "Omega W, Bitch!" at the top of your lungs.  
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Dryden

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »
Omega W...heh heh
Panel De Pon is one of the hands down best puzzle games of all time.  There is just such a rush when you can set up an unprecedented personal best of a chain.  On the old Tetris Attacks, I considered myself to be fairly blindingly fast - my personal record is a 14X Chain... at least I think it was a 14X... after 13, the number counter stops going up and it's just replaced with two question marks.  It could have been 15, but I doubt it. /brag
Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »
I only wish I could pull off a 14 chain!  I'm lucky to get like a 5 or 6, but the guy I play with here is at about the same skill level so it all works out.  BTW, we are playing Panel De Pon for the Gamecube.  I got it from an import store for $20!  Best $20 I've spent in a long while.

Funny story, I went to PAX 05 and on the last day of the show, we set up Panel De Pon on a Gamecube in the freeplay area.  We started jamming out a bit and this crowd started forming around us.  Before you know it, like a couple of dozen people are all going crazy, asking for a turn and stuff.  So we are gladly passing around the Wavebirds and having a blast.  We got to witness some real good players busing out those 16+chains and combos.  

Then out of nowhere, this dude is walking by me, looks at the screen and screams at the top of his lungs.

"OH MY GOD!! IT'S TETRIS ATTACK!!!"

This was your stereotypical gaming nerd.  A little overweight, long unkept-shaggy-brown hair, and I kid you not....this guy was wearing a jean jacket.  A JEAN JACKET!!  Even better.....true story mind you.....there was a
ironed-on Tetris Attack logo on the back.

He burst through the line and using his ninja like powers, picked me out of the crowd as the owner of the game.

"I just gotta have next!  Please man, you just gotta let me get next!!"

I think I made it so that guy could die happily.  I really felt like I fulfilled some secret wish for this dude!  PAX 06 he was a no show, hopefully he'll make a triumphant return for PAX 07.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933