Author Topic: Manhunt 2 Coming to Wii  (Read 8128 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Manhunt 2 Coming to Wii
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:50:35 AM »
A Rockstar Games gorefest for a Nintendo system?  You better believe it.

Rockstar Games Announces Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) System, and the Wii™    

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation 2 system, PSP system, and Nintendo’s Wii™. Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. The Wii™ version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto. Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.    

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."    

For more information on Manhunt 2 please visit www.rockstargames.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Manhunt 2 Coming to Wii
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »
With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of glorifying brutality and portraying explicit violence

fixed.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:52 AM »
Lots of games still being announced for the Playstation 2.  Maybe it, the Wii, and the PSP can all have the same titles pushed without having to do major graphical updates, or at least, not be criticized for lack of updating graphics, despite whether or not they can do them.
Looks like production cost is coming into play quickly.

Offline Acefondu

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Manhunt 2 Coming to Wii
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »
Sweet, Rockstar Rockin' out on Wii. Gah, ever since the Wii name came out I've been spouting bad puns...

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 07:16:58 AM »
Well, that's all the proof I needed.  If Rockstar's even willing to try it, then there has been a paradigm shift.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »
The Wii made Electronic Arts innovate in Madden. What more proof do you need that it is a gift from the gods?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:57:43 AM »
Never played Manhunt, but glad the sequel is coming to Wii. Here's hoping it sells well (which would encourage even more games to be released for Wii).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 08:00:49 AM »
You know, shanking people with shards of glass is not a skill I currently have. Perhaps this game, hopefully with realistic shanking motions, can teach me?  

Offline Acefondu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
Shanking motions...that's hilarious.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 08:45:16 AM »
Too bad we're getting the port of a sequal of a crappy game. I rather have Table Tennis than Manhunt 2. Table Tennis would actually make use of the Wiimote better.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 08:46:18 AM »
Sure, Madden was a positive sign, but Rockstar always came across as anti-Nintendo for some reason.  Now, not only are they bringing a game to Nintendo's new home console, but it's a sequel to a game known for sickening violence.  This isn't like Konami's somewhat questionable support (I own Elebits and think Dewy looks interesting, but I share in the concerns that Konami might view the Wii as appealing to a very young demographic).  This is a company that shunned Nintendo suddenly announcing a hyper-violent game.  Both facets of that statement fly in the face of the old Nintendo image.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »
They did put a rather good  game in Smuggler's Run on GameCube, so they weren't entirely anti-Nintendo.

Offline Vert1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 09:03:30 AM »
Well that's news. What's up with the lack of a 360 version?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Vert1
Well that's news. What's up with the lack of a 360 version?

They are probably just porting the same game across all three platforms.  They couldn't get away with a port of a PS2 game on a 360 like they could a Wii.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 09:29:32 AM »
They probably don't want to scare away the little girls.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »
This is likely due to Reggie asking Rockstar to make M rated games.

Frankly this makes me happy.  Notice how different people are making the PSP/PS2 versions then the wii versions?  The wii version has to be more uniqe then "just another port"
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
Too bad we're getting the port of a sequal of a crappy game. I rather have Table Tennis than Manhunt 2. Table Tennis would actually make use of the Wiimote better.

I don't think it's a port.  A completely different studio is working on the Wii version while the Psp and Ps2 versions are being worked on together.  In fact, I think the studio that made the original is making the Wii version.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »
It's Rockstar Toronto, who developed The Warriors. As for the OG Devs, I'm pretty sure it was the North (GTA) team.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak

I don't think it's a port.  A completely different studio is working on the Wii version while the Psp and Ps2 versions are being worked on together.  In fact, I think the studio that made the original is making the Wii version.

hey, that's what I said.us Except for that last part.us

DAMN ".us"'s!
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 01:18:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Viewtiful mario
hey, that's what I said.us Except for that last part.us

DAMN ".us"'s!

Click here through your Wii browser to report that annoyance!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
I'm the sure insane man known as Jack Thompson will on this like flies to $%@$. No doubt he'll attack the Wii version as a murder simulation...

It's Rockstar Toronto, who developed The Warriors.

It couldn't be in better hands. Warriors.....come out and plaaaay!
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
Motion controls make Manhunt as murder-simulationish as ever before.

Sweet.  I was just starting to miss that guy, what perfect timing!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »
Actually, that brings up a good point.  If the media gets on how disturbingly realistic the violence is acted out, then public interest will maximize.  Isn't that what sold the original in the first place; I didn't hear that it was particularly good.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Guitar Smasher
Actually, that brings up a good point.  If the media gets on how disturbingly realistic the violence is acted out, then public interest will maximize.  Isn't that what sold the original in the first place; I didn't hear that it was particularly good.

Bad publicity is still good.  And always has been.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 01:13:18 AM »
Watch it get banned in Australia.
pietriots.com
Calenture