Author Topic: Godzilla Unleashed for Wii  (Read 21212 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Godzilla Unleashed for Wii
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:00:50 PM »
Although Atari let slip that there was a Godzilla game in development just before the last E3, word has been null about anything since. Thankfully, confirmation from another company, Classic Media, has finally broken and the game is official. Given the occasion, it's also ceremonial that I plug ye old page for it:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_unleashed.htm

Not much is known at this time, though, (beyond the title Unleashed and that it will be shown in a playable demo next month) but anyone who enjoyed either of the previous fighting games for the character should keep their eyes open for when this game gets closer to release.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: Godzilla Unleashed for Wii
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:11:15 AM »
I hope this game is good.  I love Godzilla, but very few games have really captured Godzilla well.

This game really needs to be online, with 2 player battles.  The Wii Mote will add some much needed control options to big monster games as well.

I would love to see Wiimote aiming to precision target Monster weak points and or the environment to knock down enemy monsters.

Picking up objects and throwing them could be much more engaging as well.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Godzilla Unleashed for Wii
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 04:45:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
This game really needs to be online, with 2 player battles.

The last one was four player online, so hopefully this one would keep the tradition up.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 04:52:02 AM »
I agree, it needs online.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:43:13 AM »
Godzilla first person shooter with the Wiimote!!!!  

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:45:49 AM »
the game probably needs to be not made at all.  I have a feeling it will suck. =D
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »
Edit - Nevermind

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »
WAGGLE BASED TAIL WHIPPING!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Edfishy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »
I loved Godzillda: Destroy all Monsters Melee, and can't wait for this version for the Wii.  My hopes would be that they'd balance the multiplayer a bit though, it was terrible to the game's replayabillity when someone stole your kill and scored 500 points.  I'd like a percentage-of-damage based score thank you very much.

Multiplayer would also be great, they did it with the Xbox sequel to Destroy All Monsters, so there's no reason why the Wii version shouldn't be able to do the same.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »
New information and media on IGN http://media.wii.ign.com/media/881/881519/img_4293857.html .
This game is turning out to be quite good, hopefully in the end it will.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
Man I can't wait for this game.
Me and my friends had a Blast playing Godzillda: Destroy all Monsters Melee.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
This game is looking to be a must buy!  WiiConnect24 support, progressive scan, widescreen, bring on the Daikaiju Soukougeki!!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »
After Reading IGN's interview this game is a definite rental for a party...and hopefully purchase.  It sounds like they have progressively gotten better each game.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
It sounds like they have progressively gotten better each game.

The second was worse then the first, due largely to the fact that they tried to do too much with too small of a time frame meaning that they had to crunch to get it out and slash features left and right.

This one should be much better, thanks to that hopefully not being a problem this time (I assume they will have a better grasp on it now)... and I really can't wait, Megalon looks fantastic here, with a great use of lighting.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »
Woohoo I loved the previous Godzilla games for GC and Xbox. Not only that but it appears to be an exclusive game built from the ground up for the Wii!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 06:11:23 PM »
Well it looks pretty, and they mention using the Wii-connect24 features!

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 06:19:32 PM »
Geeze, this game's a deffinite buy for me, I've become addicted to motion controls after playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and after reading that IGN news report and looking at those screenshots, there's no reason why this game shouldn't rock my world.  Real-time destruction on buildings?  Fully-realized Wii motion controls for multiple unique attacks at the same time?  Xbox 1.5-like 16:9 graphics? Wii-Online support?  Oh yeah, it's on my list.

I am utterly impressed by the visuals they're getting the Wii to perform, this'll be a real four-player treat!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
I just hope the framerate is smooth.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »
You know what? Seeing these screens and reading this info makes me wish I was more up to date with the Godzilla franchise...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 02:34:02 AM »

This one should be much better, thanks to that hopefully not being a problem this time (I assume they will have a better grasp on it now)... and I really can't wait, Megalon looks fantastic here, with a great use of lighting.

I heard from the insiders at Monsterzero that Atari's learned their lesson and will not rush the product.

I'm surprised they're still using the red beam though. Of course the design is closer to the first 2 millenium movies than the latter 2. And judging by those crystals, I'm guessing Space Godzilla will most likely be in this game.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 03:03:18 AM »
I just read the official press release of this game, it is coming out in autumn 2007, they could fine tune this game so well it's going to be awesome.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »
Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to this game.  Though I hope the motion recognition is better then Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.  If the motion recognition was better I probably would have enjoyed that game even more then I did, which was a lot.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
I'm surprised they're still using the red beam though. Of course the design is closer to the first 2 millenium movies than the latter 2.

There have been six Millennium films thus far. The design is for the one that appeared in Godzilla: 2000 (1999), even though it was close to the one from Megaguirus with the exception of the latter being a overt green. Both had red beams, though, which wasn't dropped until the next film in 2001. The 2002/2003 designs were close to those first two, but lost the "alligator head" look.

I'm personally a fan of the appearance from 2001, but the game will most likely see a return of the 1999 and 1990's versions.

Godzilla '99
Godzilla '00
Godzilla '01
Godzilla '02/'03
Godzilla '04
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 08:30:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
I'm surprised they're still using the red beam though. Of course the design is closer to the first 2 millenium movies than the latter 2.

There have been six Millennium films thus far. The design is for the one that appeared in Godzilla: 2000 (1999), even though it was close to the one from Megaguirus with the exception of the latter being a overt green. Both had red beams, though, which wasn't dropped until the next film in 2001. The 2002/2003 designs were close to those first two, but lost the "alligator head" look.

Oh yeah... I forgot about Final Wars... Or rather, I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen. I left out GMK because the design is radically different from the others. I figured since Kiyru Goji used blue beams and still look relatively close to 2K and GxM, I figured they would go with blue. Ah well, I'm sure we'll get a few other Godzilla forms that uses the blue beam. I'd love to see the one in GMK in this game.

Love the bump mapped snow and skin detail. Even the snow in SSX Blurr aren't bump mapped.

BTW, I'd love to see Toho piss people off by putting Bagan in this game.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
Bumb.

Atari sent us some exclusives, including some new shots of the character models, and I must say I'm impressed:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_unleashed/images/megalon_model_n.htm

Perhaps it's just my bias for the source, as I love Godzilla, but I think this is definitely shaping up to be one of the more graphically impressive titles coming to the Wii this year.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk