Author Topic: what game wouldn't you buy for $10?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Edisim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
what game wouldn't you buy for $10?
« on: March 12, 2003, 02:34:32 PM »
Bestbuy has been selling slightly older games for as low as $10. (They also have games for $15 and $20.) I'm just curious if there's any game that's so bad (or so short) that it's not even worth $10 + the trip to the store.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 03:43:47 PM »
universal studios?

Offline SPhil64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 04:02:03 PM »
I'm sorry that I would have to say Eternal Darkness.
Maybe throughout the course of the game you somehow acquire one of the Goldeneye satellites. And maybe you somehow control it with your golden eye. -me

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 04:38:40 PM »
I bought Wrestlemania X8 for $10. Therefore, I don't think there is a game I wouldn't buy for that price.

Offline Reverse_Gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 05:12:26 PM »
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.  The cel shading ruined the game. I imported it and I was extremely dissapointed. Anyone who is older than 4 who would pay $10 bucks for this game should be shot.

jk.
Actually, I would probably pay $200 bucks for wind waker.

I wouldnt buy most 3rd party games for 10 bucks unless i could sell them for almost as much or more.  I am less concerned with the money aspect of buying games than the time aspect.  
------------------------------------------
GCN games I own: Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure 2, Timesplitters 2, Waverace, Luigis Mansion, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Rogue Leader, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil, Res

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2003, 05:17:53 PM »
i was ready to lose it there reverse gekko i only scrolled the page down just enough to see the top part of your post, dont do that again
but i do agree with you about the money aspect of games, ill buy a game cause i want it, not cause of the price (aslong as they arn't stupidly high) would just take me a bit longer before i got the game given i cant save money for the life of me

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2003, 05:37:34 PM »
just about all of the games made by nickelodeon aren't worth $10, except MAYBE the rugrats game (if you set the diffuculty to hard, the game is impossible!)

but that game Vezz looks really cool, but i didn't wanna pay the $50 bucks when it came out. i want to wait till it hits $30, maybe $40. i don't know what the price of it is now tho. but it looks like a really good game.
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 02:45:03 AM »

Originally posted by: SPhil64
I'm sorry that I would have to say Eternal Darkness.

I disagree.  Its one of my favorite games for the Gamecube
However, Sonic Adventure 2, that game sucked.
it was time for a change.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 02:54:10 AM »
If I had it to do over again I wouldnt have bought Wrestlemania X8 at all not even for $10. Thats only only GC game I have that I think sucks. All of my other games are at least B level games. Wrestlemania X8 is a definate D-

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 03:00:18 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
universal studios?

LOL! My cousin bought that. He hates the fact you have to clean and be nice to the people before you can ride the rides!

I'm probably going to go get Wrestlemania X8 soon if Best Buy still has it for $10.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 03:08:48 AM »
MARIO FREAKING SUNSHINE

I cant believe I paid full price for that hunk of junk.
After playing it I would give $5 for it.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope