Author Topic: Prediction: iTunes Wii Channel  (Read 29060 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Prediction: iTunes Wii Channel
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2007, 06:07:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: pap64
I personally never found the idea of a Mario DDR to be THAT far fetched.

I'd agree with you except that everyone I suggested the idea to thought I was full of sh*t.

Wait, I just remembered. If I recall correctly, you made this prediction around the time that Twin Snakes came out, right?

I can understand why people would say you were full of crap. At the time Nintendo wasn't that cross-over happy and Mario's appearances were somewhat limited. But after 2004 Mario was everywhere. So yeah, by then people had already gotten used to Mario being everywhere, even in third party games.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Prediction: iTunes Wii Channel
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »
I stopped reading a little while ago but on the iPhone I watched the whole announcement and I have to say as a PDA I would love to have the thing and the price is fine.  As a phone I don't want it.  Not at all.  As a PDA that happens to have phone capability sure.  I like hard button on my phone so  I can use it without looking at it.  Apple doesn't seem to get that.

Now on my PDA I don't care.  In fact the iPhone almost looks exactly like my Axim minus the buttons.  As state I wouldn't mind it as a PDA but I can do most of that stuff with a 640x480  same size screen with my Axim.  It does have more space and a few neat gizmo's.  I'll look at the specs again but it really considers how programming for it is.  For most Pocket PC's its really easy now for the most part.  Mobile 5 got that right, though it messed up the interface which was great in 2003 SE  but the back-end is much much better.

So we'll see in the end.  I'm not going to go rushing out to get one though.

Edit:  Also I hope that Cisco wins a licensing fee as they have the right to.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Prediction: iTunes Wii Channel
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2007, 06:31:02 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Completely off topic, but care to explain why Biohazard had to be renamed Resident Evil in North America and Europe?  AFAIK, it's not likely that people would get a zombie video game mixed up with a heavy metal band.

Thats a question I've been wondering for years, I always liked the name Biohazard alot more then Resident Evil.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction: iTunes Wii Channel
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2008, 01:17:45 AM »
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/wiitransfer.html

Well, I was kinda right. It's a start, anyway...

Share your movies, music, and pictures directly to your Nintendo Wii using the Internet Channel. Copy Miis from your Wii back to your Mac and save them as images. Browse iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums on your television. Convert your movies to formats the Wii understands, either streaming directly from your Mac or for playback in the Wii’s Photo Channel. Wii Transfer can even manage saved game backups copied to an SD card.

What’s New in this Version
- Copy Miis to your Mac and save them as JPEG images.
- Many more enhancements.

"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2008, 03:10:06 AM »

Share your movies, music, and pictures directly to your Nintendo Wii using the Internet Channel. Copy Miis from your Wii back to your Mac and save them as images. Browse iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums on your television. Convert your movies to formats the Wii understands, either streaming directly from your Mac or for playback in the Wii’s Photo Channel. Wii Transfer can even manage saved game backups copied to an SD card.

Its only for Mac owners...

BOOOOO!

...HOLD IT!

What is this?

"Wii Transfer can even manage saved game backups copied to an SD card."

So basically, this would be turning an iPod into a storage device for the Wii, aka A HARD DRIVE???

Quick, somebody, experiment with this! See if you can fit WiiWare and VC games on an iPod!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2008, 03:17:26 AM »

BOOOOO!

...HOLD IT!

What is this?

So basically, this would be turning an iPod into a storage device for the Wii, aka A HARD DRIVE???

Quick, somebody, experiment with this! See if you can fit WiiWare and VC games on an iPod!

What kind of logic did you use to get from software that helps manage game saves you transferred to an SD card to using an iPod as an external hard drive for the Wii in one step?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2008, 03:24:47 AM »

BOOOOO!

...HOLD IT!

What is this?

What kind of logic did you use to get from software that helps manage game saves you transferred to an SD card to using an iPod as an external hard drive for the Wii in one step?

Hopeful fanboy logic, that's what I used. ;)

But seriously, this sounds like it turns an iPod into an alternative memory card, akin to the SD cards. I just thought that if the program allowed you to do that maybe you can transfer VC and WiiWare games as game data.

Hence why I asked for someone to experiment with this and see how far they can go with the data transfer.

If by any miracle this works then we might be getting closer to a storage solution. If not, it was nice dreaming.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2008, 06:13:02 AM »
Pap the iPod idea will not work it says on the line that it manages files on a SD card not an iPod.

Okay the app is a demo boo, it costs 19.00 to purchase.

Media sharing: makes a small web server using an IP address that you require the internet channel and you need to type in your router's IP address   and :9000 (example 192.168.1.1:9000) the :xxxx number can be changed by changing the sharing port in the preferences.

Movies: Same as above except you queue in what movies you want to play via the media share.

Music: Same as movies except tied to your itunes.

Pictures: Same as movies

Saved Games: All it does is copy your Wii Folder from your SD card so you need to copy everything from Wii to SD and then to your Mac, you don't even need this application except it helps you organize a tiny bit better, each game save and file save on the SD card will already have a timestamp that your Wii put on it.

Miis: Transfer Miis from your Wii remote to your Mac via bluetooth.

So all in all, it's just a internet streaming program and the saved game functions you can already do by yourself by dragging your Wii folder from your SD card to your computer harddrive.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:28:38 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
I don't care about an iTunes channel, but if Nintendo could create a radio player for the Wii partnering with the several internet radio providers already available, that would be a nice addition as a Wii Channel.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »
Updating the Flash in the Internet Channel would open up a lot of media possibilities. I'd really love to be able to watch things on hulu through the Wii.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent