Author Topic: Ok, what's up with the server?  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ok, what's up with the server?
« on: March 10, 2003, 08:31:10 PM »
I know it had a little too much to drink the other night, but this is getting ridiculous.  It takes me like 2 minutes to load the front page.  I don't mean to be bitchy or anything, but I just have to ask, as this has been going on for a while now.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 01:15:32 AM »
Maybe they can make the banners smaller or work with small popup banners.
( I personally have no problems with loading and stuff so maybe its your internet connection)

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 06:36:49 AM »
We've actually got some packet loss happening (again!), and our server hosts are working at finding and eliminating the problem.  It seems like there is another server in the datacenter someplace that's "dirtying" the network, but we hope to have it resolved quickly.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Sullichin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 10:19:25 AM »
You guys should stop bitching. Especially the second post. Ads aren't the reason why the server is slow.
NIN is teh roxor.

Nintelligent Network :: Smart Nintendo Coverage - Reviews, Guides, Wallpaper, Screenshots, News, and more.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 11:36:33 AM »
So, was PGC COMPLETELY down a few days ago? For me, I couldn't get into it at all for almost all of the day. I think this was Saturday.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 02:36:03 PM »
Sullichin's right!  We should never ask questions about page errors or comment on problems at this site.*

*Actually, Sullichin's not right.  You see, I was joking.

I've had the same issue Grey Ninja, and there's nothing wrong with you bringing it up just to get to the bottom of it.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 05:43:47 PM »
I have been having the same problem as well.  It has been taking me a while to load the pages as well. Another wierd thing is that it doesn't stop loading.  When it finally comes up, everything is there, but my browsers say it is still loading.  I've tried this on the Netscape Browser, and Internet Explorer, and the same thing occurs.

On another note:  It always amazes me as to why some people, who are non-mods, think they have the authority to direct the conversation of users who have every right to post their legitimate questions. I'm not only amazed, I'm sick of it.
it was time for a change.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 08:35:42 PM »
Guys, I said I didn't mean to be bitchy.  And just so you know, I have cable, and this was the only site behaving in such a manner.  I don't have any issues loading ads or anything like that.  If the page loads slow for days at a time when it worked fine before, I think it's immediately obvious that it's not my connection ok?

Rick, thanks for your answer.    I have been away for a few days, and couldn't reply until now.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean