Author Topic: The Wiimote's comfy!  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Chris1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Wiimote's comfy!
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
I didn't really think anything of a "split controller" for lack of better words, but after putting in 17 hours in Zelda, I realized how comfy the Wiimote and nunchuck really are!  I can sit in all kinds of weird comfortable positions now,  a unique feature (I guess I'd call it a feature) of the Wiimote that I never gave a second though until hours and hours of playing, anyone else know what I mean??  

Offline Sabe002

• View Profile
RE:The Wiimote's comfy!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:57:31 PM »
Yeah! I like laying down and how I can just have my hands down at my sides. It keeps the wrists from cramping.
Help a sister out!

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: The Wiimote's comfy!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »
Ah, my wrist manage to cramp anyway, but at least my arms get to rest more...
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »
I find for some reason if a play Zelda long enough I end up partially laying down with my pointer towards the screen and my nunchuk in the air.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »
The only think uncomfortable is the Z button on the nunchaku.  It's not contoured right, so it kinda sticks out.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »
I have a problem with circulation to my fingers. My pointer fingers always get cold when I play with a PS2, GC, or Xbox controller. I thought MAYBE that problem would go away with the Wii- it didn't.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »
have you tried gloves?  My dad is kinda stingy with the heat, So I find that those unisex stretchy knit gloves are great, they're very cheap, one size fits all, and they dont get in the way.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 05:39:32 PM »
Which gloves are you talking about, exactly? I, stupidly, haven't thought about trying gloves...

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
You can play Zelda and have your arm around someone at the same time.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline madpaintballer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »
I concur, I hadn't realized how restrictive regular controllers feel until I caught myself playing zelda lying down, and realized that it was a perfectly comfy situation, normally it's not very comfortable at all to play games lying down.  But yeah, I definetly like how comfy the wiimote is.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 03:07:44 AM »
I would also suggest leather driving gloves.  I have a set of those for when my steering wheel is cold or things like that.  There not very think but a little extra.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 05:24:54 AM »
I find myself laying around in the most nongaming positions, just relaxing my butt off. We all assumed that we would be getting nothing but a work out when it was first announced, but now it seems with some games we get just the opposite.

I was about 30 something hours into Zelda, sitting in my chair, legs wide open with one hand on each knee. Thats when I truely realized how comfortable I was.

I tried playing Ecco the Dolphin with my Cube controller, and befor I even got use to the control scheme for it, I had to stop. It really felt clunky, and restrictive. The classic controller feels great though. But at the same time, I want my hands to relax where they want to and not always at my front.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 05:34:45 AM »
My cat attacks my wiimote and nunchuk while I play....that's freakin annoying!  Otherwise I love the wiimote
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 05:35:20 AM »
I sometimes lay in bed with my left arm up behind my head and play that while my right had is laying on my bed (this leaves the pointer in the middle of my screen.  

I love being free to not have my hands and controller in my lap all the time.  

I think over all the Wiimote is probably the most comfortable controller I have ever played with.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
It may be the best controller out there NOW, but back when the N64 was released, it was pretty damn comfortable.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »
So was the GameCube's... it just moulded perfectly into your hands.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »
I remember a lot of people (Xbox owners mainly) claiming that the GC controller was too small. It seems like the N64 controller was liked universally.

Offline D_MaN87

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 11:25:23 PM »
I love the wiimote and nunchuck.  I thought the Wiimote would either be too big or too small, but it fits just right.  The GC controller was great but the Z button was so bad it made the controller look bad IMO.  
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 11:46:49 PM »

Originally posted by: MorningStar
I have a problem with circulation to my fingers. My pointer fingers always get cold when I play with a PS2, GC, or Xbox controller. I thought MAYBE that problem would go away with the Wii- it didn't.

I have a similar problem, that occurs in general, not so much just during videogame playing. Personally I find that nothing really helps it besides stopping and shaking my hands around and just generally stimulating the blood to move a bit differently. My feet and legs get really cold too which is also annoying. At least for me with the Wii my body is moving around and blood circulates better in general, even Zelda, the waggle helps keep the blood flowing.

But back to the main topic, I also noticed the other day that I can play Wii with my arms folded which is amazing. Definitely more comfy to play Wii than any other system. The Gamecube controller felt huge when I picked it up for the first time yesterday since the Wii came out.  
Check out PixlBit!