Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 729270 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #875 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:12 AM »
You need less sugar in your diet.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 12, 2007, 07:20:02 AM »
I don't need less Sugar! I need more WIIIIIII!!!

..... uh.... wait. Reverse that.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #877 on: March 12, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »
Sonic Spinball is a good game, if youhave friends to play it with. And if you like Pinball and if youra Sonic fan, yeah a lot of hurldes to jump over but doable...

Techmo Bowl, now I am going to get that as soon as I have some points.

WOnt get Spinvball considering I have the Mega Collections though. Even though i still like it, not as much as other Sonic games but still its fun at times.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Dryden

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 12, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
From Wikipedia's Tecmo Bowl article:
"The 2007 Virtual Console release is a modified version of the game without the NFLPA license- players are represented only by number and not by name."

So, this represents the first game modified from the original in re-release on the Wii, if I'm not mistaken.

It also bodes really poorly for the future of the excellent and legendary Tecmo Super Bowl (or any SNES NFL games).  Stupid EA.  
Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline ulanshad

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 12, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »
The lack of rosters has nothing to do with EA - even Madden doesn't have names for historic team rosters because (at least as I understand it) the NFLPA license only applies to active players. So unless Nintendo/Tecmo felt like negotiating with some 200+ players for their names, it wasn't happening regardless.

Now, if Tecmo Super Bowl shows up sans NFL license - blame EA.
Groucho said "Hello" and then just walked away.
My Game Collection - http://users.ign.com/collection/ulanshad

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 12, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »
lol BnM
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »
I feel like I've went back in time and we are back to the poor-average VC game releases. Sure Tecmo bowl is good, but this is a really subpar day, I'd think Nintendo would at least release 5 games if they were going to have crap Monday.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #882 on: March 12, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »
Nintendo doesn't have enough good retro games to last the mondays till August.

Delaying the eventual downhill crap slope of VC games is fine.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 12, 2007, 07:00:45 PM »
I would think there would be alot more quality games out there that they could still use in place of Sonic Spinball and that TGX dungeon crawler. Heck I'd rather them have pong on VC, at least I'd have more fun with that then this weeks lineup!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 12, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »
But Sega and Hudson probably wouldn't like to be told "naah, your games suck, we'd rather release one of our own instead".

Tecmo Bowl means there's support by Tecmo for the VC which probably means Ninja Gaiden and Rygar.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #885 on: March 12, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »
2008 VC lineup is looking incredibly bleak at your wished rate.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 12, 2007, 07:09:31 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
But Sega and Hudson probably wouldn't like to be told "naah, your games suck, we'd rather release one of our own instead".

Tecmo Bowl means there's support by Tecmo for the VC which probably means Ninja Gaiden and Rygar.

Yeah but when it seems like you are pulling from the bottom of the bin, it is a problem. Sega could of, I dunno, released another Sonic platformer, or SOR2, or even some of the later Golden Axes. But nooo, we get Sonic Spinball which is on about every game of Segas as an unlockable (OK that may be an exagerration).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #887 on: March 12, 2007, 07:11:18 PM »
Fantastic, Sega has even less good retro classics to dig up.

eternal champions does not count

VC will dry up in no time.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 12, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »
Keep in mind that Sega is Sega, they probably think Spinball is a top tier classic.

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 12, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »
Honestly, as of now, the only games I'm waiting for are Goemon: Mystical Ninja and Quest 64. All these crappy releases make me think that neither of these games will ever be released for the VC

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 12, 2007, 09:55:32 PM »
Quest 64!!! <3

Not even Svevan can prevent me from getting that game!!!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 13, 2007, 04:51:56 AM »
"It also bodes really poorly for the future of the excellent and legendary Tecmo Super Bowl (or any SNES NFL games). Stupid EA."

Actually it's kind of good because then Tecmo Super Bowl can at least be released in SOME form.  That's better than nothing at all.

Still I'm always pissed off when something gets altered because of lawyer BS.  There needs to be some sort of historical accuracy clause of some sort.  Old TV shows that had the rights to use certain music then should be able to be released on DVD now.  Old games that used licences should be able to be re-released exactly as they were.  The WWE should be able to have "WWF" on old footage.  All of this stuff should be possible with no problems.  A licence should only be needed for new content.  If something was created legally at the time it should be allowed to be available to the public from that point on provided no alterations are made to it.  So something like Tecmo Bowl should be allowed to use the NFLPA licence if the re-release is exactly the same content as the NES version with no extras and no alterations.  Thus historical media can be released in its accurate form but because no new content can be made a company cannot take advantage of a licenced IP they used to have the rights to but no longer do.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 13, 2007, 05:20:25 AM »
Quest 64: Isn't that the RPG where you play as some little dude in a cape with a quail like cow-lick-like hair thing sticking up off the back of his head and he fights some boss in a opera theater?

Or was that boss battle in Goemon? either way I remember both of those games.

Ian: a historical clause sounds good, but with the major support EA has been giving Nintendo, I would hope that they could make an exception for Techmo Super Bowl. Its not like EA has been releasing anything on VC using an NFL liscense either. It is just a NES game afterall, EA can't be all that threatened by it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 13, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
Soon I will be Smashing Things With my CINNAMON BUN OF POWER!!!!

Though In all honest that game you had to level before you went to the next area or you could forget about it.  The only reason I made it through is because I knew where to spend my little points because of a guide so by the end the last guy couldn't really hurt my and I smashed him with my cinnamon bun to death.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 13, 2007, 10:25:41 AM »
"with the major support EA has been giving Nintendo, I would hope that they could make an exception for Techmo Super Bowl."

It may not be up to them.  The NFL might have final say on something like that.  Or maybe it is allowed but Tecmo has to pay a fee for it and don't feel it's worth it.

Offline MLS_man_64

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 13, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »
Is their any chance of Bomberman 64 coming to the VC?
"I want to be some muscle bound guy dressed like Rambo with a huge gattling gun shooting aliens while I'm snowboarding down an erupting volcano."---Ian Sane

"If you put a $10 ticket up two bucks, that's a 40 per cent jump," he said.---The Toronto Star

If a broken 360 is on a store shel

Offline Luffy1Piece

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 13, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
Well, the next Genny game going up is Beyond Oasis which I think more than makes up for the Sword or Vermillion/Sonic Spinball 1-2 punch of mediocrity. That game is an excellent Adventure/Action RPG.

Also up are Zelda II: The Adventure of Link which is of course for NES and Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV for SNES. This is in addition to Excite Bike and Splatterhouse which have been sitting on the server and not put up.

Which 3 or 4 of the above 5 games will come out Monday? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really waiting for Landstalker though which has yet to be submitted by Sega to the ESRB or released in another territory. At least I know Wonderboy in Monster World is coming as it's been announced for a March release in Japan. That gives me hope that at least maybe it'll be out in NA by April or May. I'm also frothing at the mouth for Hudson to get Dragon's Curse up. It's been submitted to the ESRB so it's definitely on the way it's just a question of when.  That's my absolute most wanted Turbo game. Speaking of Hudson they recently announced/submitted to the ESRB Hagane for the SNES which means that some of Hudson's non Turbo games will be hitting the VC(Meaning maybe Bomberman 64, Mega Bomberman and the SNES Bonk games etc).

I'm also curious as to whether we'll ever see any third party Genesis and Turbografx games.  I could defintely go for Konami to release Rocket Knight Adventure, Sparkster(Along with the SNES one), Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps(The best Contra ever. Though being a Nintendo fansite I'm sure most will disagree with that.).    

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 13, 2007, 02:54:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Luffy1Piece
Contra: Hard Corps(The best Contra ever. Though being a Nintendo fansite I'm sure most will disagree with that.).

I thought it was pretty slick.  I played through the first two levels on an emulator a little while ago out of curiosity and have been wishing for a VC release of the game ever since.
GOREGASM!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 13, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »
I'm also curious as to whether we'll ever see any third party Genesis and Turbografx games.

Vigilante is made by Irem, does that count as third-party?

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 14, 2007, 05:02:00 AM »
It ishard to say, Nintnedo and Sega both say a "best of" for  Sega Genesis is what VC is supposed to get. So that could just mean Sega 1st Party stuff.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982