Author Topic: differences between us and jap versions?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline plastic adhesive

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
differences between us and jap versions?
« on: March 09, 2003, 03:04:58 PM »
what are the differences between the us and the japanese versions of the wind waker?  does anyone know?  

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 03:14:30 PM »
I read somewhere US will get the finalized version of WW. But I don't know what the "beta" version was like so I can't answer.
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 03:45:46 PM »
Miyamoto commented on this in the DICE interview.

NOTE: His comment does contain spoilers about the game.

In Japan, after people played Wind Waker, we had a lot of feedback that the collection of Triforce pieces in the game was kind of difficult or tedious so we actually touched that up and made some changes to that part of the spec for the U.S. version and that will be reflected in the first build of that coming out [in March]. It's just a few small changes but hopefully that'll improve some of the feedback we get.

I imagine this to be similar to the changes that were made to the way you saved in the US version of Majora's Mask. In the Japanese version there was no save interrupt feature. I believe you could only save when you went back to the first day or something. In the US version though you were allowed to save at the owl statues and when you reset time. It wasn't a huge difference but it made it so you didn't have to finish what ever you were doing in the game before saving and resetting the time and that made it less of a pain in the ass.

Basically my point is is that the change in Wind Waker will probably be on the same level as the change in Majora's Mask. Nothing huge just something to make things slightly easier and less of a pain.      
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 01:13:00 PM »
boy playing majora's mask without the owl statues would really suck if you had already beaten the game once (i usually take more time on my second play-through)
I'll shut up now...