Author Topic: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW  (Read 17965 times)

Offline Chris1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »
YES my status was changed to 'preparing order'  thats a good thing right??  It means I've made this shipment and don't have to wait till the 28 or whatever, right??  Please don't burst my bubble

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
RE:You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 12:06:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Chris1
YES my status was changed to 'preparing order'  thats a good thing right??  It means I've made this shipment and don't have to wait till the 28 or whatever, right??  Please don't burst my bubble

Well my order has been in "preparing order" for well over a day now (since early afternoon yesterday). Needless to say its getting really annoying.

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
Sweet, I got my shipping notice an hour ago. Hope it doesn't get caught in UPS traffic now....
Oops pow suprise!

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 02:19:51 PM »
Thanks, BigJim, that was really really helpful.

I'm really surprised, though. All of you have HD TV's? That's ridiculous...

EDIT: Are S-Video cable compatible TV's rare? I bought my TV last Thanksgiving but it doesn't look like I could plug in an S-Video Cable. I have the regular "Antenna" plug in and another that says "Coaxial"(whatever that is) that's colored orange.

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 02:36:34 PM »
I think s-video has been pretty standard for awhile.
I'm a fan, not a fanboy.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 02:46:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Jin-X

Originally posted by: Chris1

Well my order has been in "preparing order" for well over a day now (since early afternoon yesterday). Needless to say its getting really annoying.

My status is also on "preparing order", it was like that only now this morning. I checked if I could cancel my order, just in case, and I can't because the cancel button is no longer apparent so that might mean that I/we will get our cables next week. However I will still make a call to verify this, because if I'm on "preparing order" and the cables are only sent after the 28th then why can't I cancel my order.  

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 03:17:42 AM »
I have Nintendo component cables in hand. They're pretty long too. Well over 6 feet. Probably close to 8'.  
"wow."

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 06:11:54 AM »
Is it still "preparing order" for you Caliban? Cause mine still are, its been over 48 hours like that and I'm pretty pissed. At this point they should give us free shipping (I got the 1 day UPS red). And if they say they won't ship till the 28th, they better be free or something. I'm gonna call'em right now.

BTW Big Jim, when did you place your order?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2006, 06:12:17 AM »
BigJim, what a lucky guy.

Jin-X, yup they're still on "preparing order", as long as I get them next week I'm not worried.

Even though I am certain that I will not have my cables by today, I will still play Zelda on launch day, or any other game for that matter.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 06:22:39 AM »
Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be cable-less for launch.  I've never used component cables before, so I'll survive.

I've been wondering this for a while though, can you still play widescreen without the component cables?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2006, 06:26:23 AM »
Yes you can play widescreen with any cables, its just an aspect ratio, the connection you use has no bearing on it.

BTW Caliban, do you live outside the 48 mainland states? Because I live in Puerto Rico and the cynic in me says they're giving priority to the "core" US over Alaska, Hawaii and the US territories.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:13 AM »
I'm in the long lost and forgotten territory of Canada .

Offline MilkManX

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2006, 06:43:01 AM »
Dammit. Yeah my order shipped. Today. Which means I ordered on the 15th with overnight only to get screwed with 5 day shipping for 13 bucks. Nice one Nintendo.

Wii Friend Code 3896 5966 4421 6752

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2006, 08:37:10 AM »
Well maybe my theory on the shipments has some merit; does anybody outside the US mainland has their component cables, or at least have they been shipped?

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »
Got off the phone with a Nintendo rep and basically he wasn't exactly sure why they haven't shipped other than they've had so many orders that when the truck comes in they just pack in as much as they can and then wait for the next one (so our cables may be the unlucky ones, unless they're prioritizing the US shipments like I suspect). He said they really should ship today and get here Monday (I have 1 day shipping) and if it just so happens they don't ship today, that we can ask for a Player's Guide (weak) to make up the shipping cost (I would suggest trying to coerce them into giving us something a little more substantial if the worst case scenario happens).

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006, 10:22:52 AM »
I was at Nintendo's Redmond HQ today.  They only had a total of 30 Component Cables for employees, and those were gone almost instantly.  No word on an S-Video cable (which I really need).  No one said they weren't making one, just that it wasn't available.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »
Don't worry Rick, Pro666 is on top of the S-Video problem.

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2006, 11:40:18 AM »
Well my order has finally shipped, anybody whos order hasn't shipped should call Nintendo, that seems to have worked.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »
I JUST CHECKED MY NINTENDO

IT TELLS ME MINE HAS SHIPPED, FOR GREAT JUSTICE

BUT I DON'T HAVE A FOCKING HDTV.  I NEED FOCKING S-VIDEO CABLES.  I JUST BOUGHT THESE JUST IN CASE SO THAT ONE OF YOU WOULD NOT GET ONE AND THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO ORDER THEM FROM FOCKING JAPAN IN 2010 WHEN NINTENDO CUTS OUT PROGRESSIVE FOCKING SCAN SUPPORT
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »
You're so funny P666. Seriously, I hope some of us waiting for the cable don't skip the chance to play Wii for a few days just because we don't have the damned cable.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006, 07:51:25 AM »
Hmm, I just got an email from NOA about my cable, they shipped, but it is funny how it says it shipped on the 20th, I'm still living in the past, someone has been messing with the twilight zone and that someone is going to get some Reggie Lee a$$-whopin'.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006, 07:56:15 AM »
I got an e-mail that says mine shipped! YAY!

...but I can't seem to track it.../scared.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006, 08:13:30 AM »
Your shipping date can be checked on Nintendo.com, go to your "view My Nintendo" and then click on "My Orders", on the same horizontal space as the cable order and under your order number there should be a link "View details", and then just read your shipment date.