Author Topic: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW  (Read 18083 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
That extra 5 bux is worth it for me not to have to go out to a store, wait in line, and deal with whatever crap they want to push on me.  Never mind the fact that the store could be out of stock when I go, forcing me to make yet another trip.

If it comes before December 5, well then that's just a nice bonus.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 12:52:40 PM »
December?  Best Buy has them ready to go I think, if their display is any indication.

But I don't mind waiting too much.  It's good to know they're off my to do list.

Edit:  Status-Back ordered     *mudda fuqua!*
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline kings x

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 01:32:09 PM »
Do the component cables for Wii work on Gamecube?  I am betting NO, but I'm unsure of what to buy due to my ignorance in gear.

What are S-video cables?  

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »

Originally posted by: kings x
Do the component cables for Wii work on Gamecube?  I am betting NO, but I'm unsure of what to buy due to my ignorance in gear.

What are S-video cables?

Wii cables are not compatible with the GC, and vice versa.

S-Video. Usually that with standard composite connectors attached.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »
Hey wanted to thank u JonLeung, I ordered the cables this morning and forgot to post a thank u.  Oh and I ended up picking up MegaMan ZX, upon your good words and PGC's.

On another note, has anyone confirmed that the Component cables on Wii work with the GCN games running on Wii?  It would be annoying to have to hook up the A/V cables just to play GCN games on the Wii and switch back and forth.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »
The Wii component cables will work fine on GCN games in the Wii (they're just not compatible with the GCN system itself, as someone else asked).

Mine is shipping tomorrow. Sweet. Nintendo CSR's are the friendliest I've ever dealt with too.

Edit: Yeah, thanks for the heads-up Jon.
"wow."

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
Well I hope anyone who wanted these got them because Kotaku is reporting that they are sold out. Guess Nintendo underestimated the demand.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »
Yeah, my order status says "backordered" now ;__________________;
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 04:22:24 PM »
Sh!t so does mine. :-(
Check out PixlBit!

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »
Really?  Mine says "shipped".  :P

And you don't have to thank me, it was someone who posted on that GoNintendo topic about it, which I found in turn through Kairon's original phone-in topic.  Plus, you'll notice that I bought mine before saying anything.  :P

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »
Well mine still says preparing order, its been like that since it was changed from "backordered" early in the afternoon.  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »
hmm, mine says back orderd as well.  Oh well I don't really mind waiting for them, as long as i get them before the year is over.  However I may wait to play Zelda TP after my school quarter ends which is mid December, that way i can devote myself to the game and use the cables too.

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 10:59:12 PM »
What in the hell are component cables? What do they do for your Wii? And what is S-Video? I know I could probably just look this up, but I'm lazy, and I'm sure SOMEONE is eager to show off their knowledge...

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 11:50:40 PM »
Easy answer for now-component cables will run in 480p, which looks better than the crappy composite hookups you get with the wii.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »
I think I am going to give Nintendo a call about my component cable order. I want to know what back ordered means in terms of days. I am leaving to go home for a week next tuesday (21st) for Thanksgiving, and I won't be home to get these if they get delivered to my apartment later than I had originally expected them to.

Not to be a d!ck but Nintendo could've just made a bunch of these and sold them in retail outlets from day 1 and the mass confusion they are dealing with now would've never existed, plus I'd have my god damned component cables on Sunday rather than whenever the hell I am going to get them.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with a Nintendo rep and he told me that even though my order currently says backordered, I still may get it on time because quite often people enter wrong credit card information. The orders then get put on hold until the situation is rectified and in the mean time the next person in line gets shipped their cables. He did say that most likely I wouldn't be getting the cables until November 30th which is horsesh!t.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 05:21:06 AM »

Originally posted by: MorningStar
What in the hell are component cables? What do they do for your Wii? And what is S-Video? I know I could probably just look this up, but I'm lazy, and I'm sure SOMEONE is eager to show off their knowledge...

In a nutshell, component cables are high-end cables that send color and brightness information in 3 separate channels, resulting in a much better image on your TV. Your TV must have component inputs on the back to use these cables. Most TVs don't. They are identified by their Red-Blue-Green color. (Component cable picture) This cable also displays video games in all their 60 fields per second glory.

S-video cables are one step under component, but still very nice. Color and brightness information is sent through 2 separate channels on this cable. Your TV must have an S-video input to use S-video cables. (picture of an S-video cable)

Composite cables -- the classic Red/Yellow/White cables most people are familiar with -- transmit all image data through one channel (the yellow wire) which creates an adequate but not spectacular picture. This is the most commonly used cable.

Hope this helps.  
"wow."

Offline MilkManX

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2006, 06:49:17 AM »
My order still said processing. Called NOA and the rep told me it ships out today(overnight) so I will have it by Friday.
Wii Friend Code 3896 5966 4421 6752

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »
if I don't get my cables by friday and my status stays on back ordered until early sunday morning, then I will cancel my order and perhaps get the 3rd party cables.

Offline ProfessorCFK

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 07:54:18 AM »
 UPDATE:
I called and cancelled my order.  The customer service lady said that _everyone_ selected UPSRED as their shipping method(the overnight), so not only is nintendo out of stock, but ups is overloaded with product to ship.  Looks like im getting some third party cables on sunday

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 08:48:01 AM »
So we payed the extra $ for 1 day shipping for nothing? Nice; they should give us a refund if the people that got 2-day shipping get it faster or at the same time as the people that got overnight shipping.  

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »
Are there actually going to be 3rd party cables at launch?  I'll get the Nintendo ones eventually, but if I can buy the 3rd party ones right away, I'll go with those at first.  In fact, if they do okay, I'm going to worry about 1st party cables.  What 3rd parties are making component cables for the Wii?

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »
Best Buy is getting 3rd party cables. Not sure of the brand(s).
"wow."

Offline ProfessorCFK

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »
Griffin and React(react is best buy store brand) are the third party cables best buy is gonna have(according to bestbuy.com).

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »
Which means they will only be $60 and contain buzzwords like "gravity enhancing fiber control" and "hyperspeed crispmotrons in every wire."
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:01 AM »
I believe the React cables are only $25.
"wow."