Author Topic: Metroid Prime - PAL Enhancements  (Read 3137 times)

Offline mrcivic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime - PAL Enhancements
« on: March 08, 2003, 02:20:54 AM »
Ok, so what are your thoughts on the new enhancements we're getting in Metroid Prime?
Just to refresh your memories;

Defeated enemies don't drop as many power-ups as the US version, stronger enemies, lose energy faster when you walk on Lava or Acid, some doors now require more shots to open like in Super Metroid, hint system is different - apparently it now takes 10-15 minutes longer for hints to appear when you're stuck, cut-scenes can be skipped once you've played through the game once, and some of the coolers ones -  speech for the intro movie, when you scan something and it's added to your log. More speech for when doors are either locked or unlocked, and for the ending of the game.

I think that since we've been waiting for so long, we deserve a little something, and I hope Nintendo continues this trend with their future titles.
If a Cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about! - Troy McClure

Are you a PAL gamer? Then visit PALGN.com "For PAL gamers - By PAL gamers!"

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 04:18:23 AM »
I wasnt going to use the hint system first time i finished it
so now im guessing its going to even harder to finish, with my damaging lava and less power ups
since i see on gamefaqs.com with all the kids complaining now short it was, when they mostly all used hints
I want a challenge, but seems silly to make it harder

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 05:23:19 AM »
Thank you, Nintendo!

This is a nice bit of compensation for the huge wait that we had to endure for MP. Now I'm even more hyped for it, heh.

Speech....well,  I like the idea of a short voice over for the opening cutscene. I saw the footage from the US version and a little explaination of the scene from Samus would fit in nicely there. As for the other voices, hmm. I hope it doesn't spoil the atmosphere.

Offline GokuSSJ2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 05:52:20 AM »
As far as voices for MP go, I doubt they will screw it up.  They wouldn't give Samus any kind of voice either.  Probably just give the computer some kind of voice.  Shooting a locked door won't have her saying "I need to use the xxxx beam to open this door".  Same with the zelda series.  They may add some voice to it one day but giving Link a voice is probably a long ways off!  

The game is so spectacular anyway, the visuals alone will probably distract you from the voices anyway.  All I can say is, you're in for a treat!
Love your Gamecube, just don't LOVE your Gamecube

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 02:03:37 AM »
I hope so.

11 days until the European release date! =D

Offline ink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 09:09:23 AM »
Sounds fun!

I hope you enjoy this great game over on the other side of the pond!  

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 09:14:59 AM »
Hmm, i'm not convinced by the introduction of new voice bits in the PAL version (the one i'll be getting). It might only be as much as the classic Super Metroid 'The last metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace' that voice would be fine and fit.

Regarding making the game harder... well i'm definately all for that i like games that give me a good challenge ( as so few do these days).

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 05:16:04 PM »
wow, enhanced features for PAL, never thought i would see the day
/me rubs his pre order docket in excitement