Author Topic: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game  (Read 16147 times)

Offline wanclering

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
Ok this game is similar to Mafia

there will be 5 teams of 5..or maybe some sort of different division
Team 1
Red Team-Super Market
Blue Team - Hardware Store
White Team- Gun Shop
Pink Team - Liquer Store
Ok here is how it works

Each day we will play a DS game, preferably Mario Kart or Metroid Prime

Each team will elect a leader to play in a tournament.

Whoever is last place in  this tournament will have to vote out one of their weak members in order
to survive.
When a team is down to 2 people they will join another team until there
is only one team.
Then the people who are left will torunament each other.
Whoever wins will get a leader ship point and have immunity. Eventually there will be just two
people in which a panel of zombies will decide which one is too badass for them to
eat.

ok first we'll have everyone sign up
Deceased Forum Clone
Wanc LeRing

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:00:13 AM »
You know, I was devising my own Zombie version of mafia but this sounds fairly cool.

Wish I could wifi though :/
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »
My evil zombie forum clone is creating evil zombie forum games now? Damn, I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance.

edit: I wish I could play, but all of my DS games mysteriously disappeared (read: were probably stolen) awhile back.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 12:19:21 AM »
Sounds more like Survivor meets Its a Knockout lawl aussie insider joke.

Offline wanclering

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 12:32:36 AM »
well this is the signup thread..and rule devlopement thread....so if you guys have suggestions...i was thinking of a double vote..vote a leader..and then the leaders vote against each other...but thats pretty pointless...
Deceased Forum Clone
Wanc LeRing

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 01:39:11 AM »

Its a Knockout

"THAT'S THE NAAAAME OF THE GAAAAAAAAME!"

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 02:54:01 AM »
I'm in but I only have MKDS. It might be a good idea to wait for Clubhouse Games release

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 05:36:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Its a Knockout

"THAT'S THE NAAAAME OF THE GAAAAAAAAME!"

oh yeah Saturday mornings at 6am FTW. Too bad SA used to get caned week in, week out.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:30:37 AM »
You crazy Australians and your crazy references. Go listen to your Keith Urban and gaze wistfully at your Heath Ledger posters.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »
ok how about these rules

there are 30 people in the game with 5 teams of 6, 1 person in each team is infected
and it takes two days to incubate. meanwhile 1 of the teams is completely zombie.
Each day the zombies will take out 1 person in each team, also they will know who's infected. If zombies are taken out they are double dead and are out of the game..however whenever a zombie takes out a person..they have a coins flip chance of either being a zombie or out of the game
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »
I would rather a Forum game not require to meet and play games online.  Afterall, not everyone is on at the same time.  I think a more Forum type game works.

Here is what I would do.

I would have a few different roles.

Zombies
Mad Scientists
Survivors
Cops
Killers

Ok.  The Mad Scientist randomly chooses 2 people to become Zombies.  Those Zombies have 2 days to react and attack without appearing as a Zombie then after such everyone knows they are a Zombies.  If a Zombie attacks someone they become a Zombie and they have 2 days until everyone knows they are a Zombie.

Cops and Killers can kill Zombies with guns.  Cops can only kill Zombies that appear as Zombies...where as Killers can kill anyone, may accidentally kill a human.  If a single Zombie attacks either a Cop or Killer then they die.  If more than one Zombie attacks, a Cop or Killer then a coin is flipped to see if the Cop or killer escapes or is killed.

Cops can also guard an innocent person...but if that innocent person is a Zombie they automatically get turned into a Zombie.

Mad Scientists can turn other people into Zombies by experimenting on them.  This can happen every other day until they are killed off by Zombies or Mad Scientists.

Finally, If Zombies attack someone a game similar to paper, rock, scissors is played to see if they survive.  All this is handled by the narrator that moderates the game and creates a story.

Ok...this needs tweaking, but let me know what you think.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:47:03 PM »
bah, no wifi, mario kart or even metroid hunters for me, Im still boycotting it because Im an obsessed metroid fanboy that craves for a 2d fix, but oh god if I feel constantly the pressure to give in and buy it....  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »
spak-spangs rules look pretty good

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »
Zombies
Scientists(good, bad)
Survivors(Reporter, some other roles)
Swat(cops)
Bikers(killers)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Finally, If Zombies attack someone a game similar to paper, rock, scissors is played to see if they survive.  All this is handled by the narrator that moderates the game and creates a story.

I like this way of dealing with attacks rather than the Mafia version of "you got attacked, you die". Adds a layer of luck to the mix.

Lets say a Zombie chooses to attack a person. He submits a PM to the gamemaster with a target and a move, say Rock.

Either:
1. If this person is a cop or a killer, the move fails and the zombie dies. He knows then that the person is a cop but that's game over for him.
2. If the target is a person, he receives a PM from the gamemaster telling him to choose rock, paper or scissors. The target sends back a response without knowing what the zombie did. Say scissors.

Because rock beats scissors, the zombie wins. If it was any other selection, ie the victim wins or a draw results, then the target escapes. The target never knows who attacked him other than it was a zombie because, quite frankly, they probably all look alike.

Now, if the person is being protected by a cop, then the zombie is actually targetting the cop. So #1 results. But a cop can only protect one person and I guess this can change each day.

18 Days was working on a similar game to this. The issue she had was the Necromancer, or the person who creates the first zombies, could turn the game into a very short game if found out quickly. I like this way of not knowing which zombies attack you, and allowing the necromancer to lay low after creating the first zombies. Then, at intervals, he or she is able to create more. The zombies would not know eachother, but would know who the necromancer is in order to keep attention away from them.

With a large group of people, like the last game, this could work well. A few cops and killers protecting a large group of people from oncoming zombies. Should be fun!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »
also rather then having full days..how about half days? Like every 12 hours

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »
A couple of roles that could be used in this game:

Researcher: like the cop in the old mafia games, inspects a person each night and finds out information. One of these would be a powerful ally, but if you protect someone that turns out to be a zombie then the cops will start to die. So if someone claims to be the researcher then there's a risk involved that he's probably not.

Good Scientist: able to cure a Zombie nightly. Coin flip determines success rate. As zombies are not known by their targets this is a tough task determining who needs medical help. A successful cure kills the zombie and puts the player out of the game.

If the zombies do not know the necromancer this could work well. Two zombies in the start, then if the scientist has a lot of luck with things the necromancer can continue to create zombies to maintain a balance until he is killed or the zombies overrun the town.

If you are attacked by zombies and they win, you are dead for a period of time before joining the zombie side. You cannot vote, post or PM during this time. This is so that people have some information to base their suspicion on.

Anyway, I'm just throwing ideas around.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 07:21:40 AM »
Shift Key,

I like your ideas.

Perhaps also have two Necromancers, that don't know eachother.  The killers become extra valuable because they are the only ones that can kill the Necromancers, and Cops are special because they can protect people.

I think we should drop the time limit on Zombies looking like people...they should always be a mystery.  I guess these are either smart zombies, or something else entirely.  

This game would be fun, and already has a different feel than Mafia.  One is about eliminating the competition.  The other is about eliminiating competition, AND gathering a horde of allies.

I would say that the game starts with Two or Three Zombies.  Zombies can not be resurrected.  However, accidentally killed innocents can be turned to zombies by the Necromancer...whose role is to help the zombies.  

As the zombie hordes grow...Zombies will be limited to only attacking 2-3 people.  The game master does the Paper Rock Scissors game.  Special events can happen in the game too by design of the Game Master.

A new human can become a killer for a special reason.  Perhaps a cop becomes a Zombie and can then protect other zombies and such.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 09:09:47 AM »
just some rule refinement and we can start a game!!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »
I am ready for this game.  But we need a gamemaster.  Someone that knows Zombie movies and has a great sense of humor.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 02:53:17 PM »
Dang, I only meet half the requirements.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
I hear Rob Zombie is available.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
i would be the game master, as wanclering(my mail-box is full)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 07:25:24 PM »
ok someone like, compile up the rules, and i'll game master it, and then we'll start recruitment  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:46 PM »
what if there was a difference between necromancer zombies and mad scientist zombies?