Author Topic: From Seattle Post-Intelligencer: $250 on Nov. 19  (Read 34802 times)

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: From Seattle Post-Intelligencer: $250 on Nov. 19
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »
Maybe it's just a white "shell" then you can pop it off and replace it with any colors you want....more wishful thinking, I know.  

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
RE:From Seattle Post-Intelligencer: $250 on Nov. 19
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
Wait some are talking about component cables included (component are the good ones, composite is the yellow one). Where are you getting this info? Or is it a mistranslation or something?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2006, 04:19:20 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Looks like we're getting charged $38 (at the current exchange rate from Japan) for Wii Sports.  Also looks like Pale wins the "when will Wii launch" contest.

And a photo editor that doesn't even let you put the photos in the games?  NintenROFLs am cry!

Super Paper Mario delayed instead of awesome, Virtual console games cost as much as a car, launch price within farting distance of Xsux 360, launch date is as late as possible.  More like BAD NEWSATON.

edit: It's a good morning to be a dirty Sony turncoat!
(...)
a week ago before I realized that PS3-level graphics are the only thing worth paying for this gen
(...)
I've already pre-ordered my PS3!
Are you serious? Wow couch, for everything "wrong" that Nintendo has done today, it doesn't even compare to the what Sony has over the past few months.. The PS3 $600 US for crying out loud! And the launch doesn't even compare to that of the Wii! Not to mention the impact of the controller and the VC.. In terms of games, the future of the Wii is brighter than ever - did you see that new video reel? What on the PS3 has more drawing power?

I didn't think you were someone who would be as fickle as to jump ship when news like this was revealed. Sure, it isn't the best of news, but enough to turn you off the Wii in favour of a PS3? Oh well, I guess you can enjoy watching your Blu Ray movies in glorious high-def, and counting the number of polygons on the characters while playing.. Have fun.

Unless you're just joking, in which case... never mind
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2006, 04:37:25 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Are you serious? Wow couch, for everything "wrong" that Nintendo has done today, it doesn't even compare to the what Sony has over the past few months..

I assumed he was making a joke. If it was a 360, since they are much closer in price, sure I could understand, but making the plunge for a $600 console due to this news?

...if he wasn't joking, though, what can you do but just laugh and shrug?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »
Yeah I added the disclaimer spoiler at the end, but he sounded serious to me..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »
Aussie Nintendo

Wii will makes its debut around the world in only the much-touted white variation, however, more colours are on the way. "Until Spring, we'll have a supply limitation, so we want to avoid the situation where people don't buy because their favorite color isn't available. We'll provide new colors after that. Our aim is a design that's not scary," said Miyamoto.

That's actually kinda smart and true.  

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »
one thing that puzzles me is that, that Nintendo book had a few pics of LOTS of pieces of the Wii casing in different colours..... and that was more than a couple of months ago...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »

I'm sure it was done to see early reactions to it. Had one particular color taken off in a large way (like, let's say at random, the press focused on the red and general reaction was favorable toward it) they could possible make it either the main color or an alternate that would follow after launch.

I remember ign's reaction to white was pretty favorable ('OO, pretty, and just like apple, too!')...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2007, 08:58:23 PM »
I'm bumping this thread, because alot of us (including) me acted like the sky was falling. I especially liked Smash's comments about only idiots would buy NES games for 5$ on VC!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2007, 04:33:02 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix I especially liked Smash's comments about only idiots would buy NES games for 5$ on VC!

And I stand by that.

VC prices = sodomy
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2007, 04:37:58 AM »
The $60 controller thing rears it's ugly head once again... how many people have purchased nunchucks for all of their controllers?

I've got three controllers and two nunchucks and... can't say I've really made much of a use out of that second nunchuck...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2007, 05:05:33 AM »
But do you have a classic controller?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2007, 05:10:17 AM »
Let me rephrase that in a way that should make you realize that you already know the answer to that question:

"UncleBob - have you purchased 100% unnecessary Nintendo-made hardware for your Nintendo system that basically does the same thing as your five WaveBirds that you already own?"

And before you try to answer that for me, keep in mind that I own four GameBoy Cameras.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2007, 05:32:15 AM »
Nintendo loves you!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:52 AM »
I tell myself that every morning before I get up and every night before I go to sleep.

Sometimes, I pretend that Iwata, Miyamoto or Reggie is there to tuck me in and kiss my forehead goodnight.

It kinda creeps my wife out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2007, 07:38:51 AM »
Nintendo! Love me more!

I have 4 GC controllers, 4 wiimotes, 4 nunchucks (used briefly for Marvel: UA, and hopefully soon for Bust-A-Move), and 2 Classic controllers!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2007, 08:02:25 AM »
Well, it still averages your controller price to 60$ even though you don't have nunchuks for all of them.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2007, 08:24:06 AM »
Hardly.  If we use that same logic, I have two wired GCN Controllers, 5 WaveBirds, two Hori Controllers, 6 GBA/GCN cables... approx $250 for four controller ports - Does that mean that GCN Controllers cost an average of $62?  No.  Each Controller/Accessory serves a different purpose - Same thing with Wii Controllers and accessories.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
Bobby, there is a group meeting with your name on it.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

You are not going to sell people a Wii for 250$ when the PS3 marketing is at full throttle and released 2 days prior. THey had a chance to steal some of the thunder but now the Wii will be overshadowed by PS3 whether it be the shortage news or Sony's own marketing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this will haunt Nintendo more so than you can imagine

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2007, 01:01:29 AM »
You need to photoshop Iwata's head on that.