Author Topic: Mafia IX Day 3: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??  (Read 11955 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Mafia IX Day 3: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:37:28 AM »
It was pretty obvious to everyone, it seemed, that Ceric was in charge of Skull Cross as Black. Thus, freelance mayor Zach Haggar was charged with finally ridding the city of Skull Cross. He'd need a little help, however, and "recruited" townie Decoyman by pile-driving him directly into Skull Cross's corporate offices. They all died. Never forget!

(Actual FF3 ending screenshot. For serious.)

Now, with the highly probable end of Skull Cross and Haggar, Mad Gear really had to make with a display of their power and influence. They started by stealing hats, radios, claw hammers and hiding them in stacks of tires around the city. And also by bumping off Pryopizm, the former El Gado, and possibly also hiding him under a stack of tires.  

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia IX Day 3: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:47 AM »
Day three was so good, we're doing it again!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Mafia IX Day 3: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 06:40:54 AM »

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps

Aw yeah dawg

Too sleepy; edited

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia IX Day 4: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:05:06 AM »

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps

Ahh yes, day three would be good for a no good Mad Gear Goon like you.

Vote BlackFootSteps

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia IX Day 4: Virus Codename... Mad Gear??
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
Vote Wandering

So decoyman was a townie? What does "recruited" townie mean? How did he die? EDIT: Nevermind i'm dumb

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »
Vote Wandering
The call is going out.

Seriously guys let's jsut do this by the numbers now.
Infernal, Mario, Shyguy, Stabby, myself. Let's just do this now. Two of us can change votes, another can break jail. It's in the bag for the townies. If you're a townie hop on board.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:20:37 AM »
How the Hell was decoyman a townie?  Crap.  I misjudged you.  My bad.

Also, wandering's a townie.  Don't vote for him unless you're mafia.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, we still don't have enough townies for a good game of Uno.  All the remaining townies who have not contacted me need to do so immediately.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:22:51 AM »
decoyman was fighting for ceric because if Ceric died the other mob would get a kill everynight and since EVERYONE KNEW that Ceric was mob, Mad Gear were going to kill him, there was no point in us voting for someone Mad Gear were going to kill. Decoyman had the right idea.

And how do you know for sure that wandering is a townie?  
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »
Well we could have just as easily killed off a townie as the mafia, who were we gonna vote for besides Ceric?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:40:18 AM »

And how do you know for sure that wandering is a townie?
I know wandering is a townie because I'm a townie.  It's a townie thing.  You'd know if you were one.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »

It's a townie thing. You'd know if you were one.

Apparently not, since you killed decoyman!

As for why it didn't make sense to keep ceric alive, here's the pm I sent to decoyman on the subject:

The problem is: who's protecting Ceric? If the townies had a protector role, I'd be all for saving him. But since they don't, either Ceric is dead meat - or, as Pryo has suggested - is working with the other mafia.

In short, I don't see any reason to keep Ceric alive. Better to kill him now than risk a townie death by helping to get some other random person killed.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »

Apparently not, since you killed decoyman!
Ouch.  Why you gotta bring up the past?

Offline mdm

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 09:15:03 AM »
I guess I'll vote Wandering

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »
The Norris picked up a nearby barrel and threw it at Mario. "Here, catch."

The barrel soared through the air in slow motion, and Mario responded with a slow motion "yaaaarrrrrgggghhhh"

UNPUNCH MARIO  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:07 AM »
I'm going to try to save my dear friend wandering by UNvote mario'ing.  Or something.  Stupid grammar.  

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 09:49:07 AM »

Ceric, in other thread
Nice. So methodically picking out townies with no chance of getting Mafia is better than a chance of killing Mafia. Nice Real Nice. With friends like these that town doesn't need enemies.

What "chance" are you talking about? You had the ability to kill. You were the only thing preventing madgear from getting a kill every night. You would have been mad gear's top priority. (UNLESS you had worked out some kind of deal with them. If, for example, mario was mafia and you and him were working together...)

IT IS possible for the townies to win just by voting. No, really. I've played games where there was no second mafia and no vigilante characters.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 09:54:44 AM »

I've played games where there was no second mafia and no vigilante characters.
Amen.  That's the way Mafia is meant to be played.  Mafia.  Cop.  Doctor.  A bunch of townies.  That's all you need.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:40 AM »
mmm.

After mulling things over (the Norris always punches first, thinks later), the Norris has decided to change his punch.

UNPUNCH FERNY  

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 10:08:42 AM »
Wait, why are we punching Infernal?

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 10:14:19 AM »
Based on his voting record, I believe ferny is a mafia member. One who is now manipulating the "townie team" of Infernal, Mario, Shyguy, Stabby, and 18days.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 10:36:24 AM »
Alright, fine, whatever.  UNvote infernal for being a jerk.  

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
To Wandering:  In response to what you said.  Yes I would have been dead no matter what last night.  But you know what?  Zach, the other Mafia, or both would have killed me.  Only 2 people would have died.  At most 1 townie.  Might of gotten lucky and got a mafia member even.  Instead last night how many died?  4.  3 of which where Townies.  Just for taking a lazy vote.  I kept saying as much.

The fact that zach went after a townie was nobody's fault but his own. As for pryo's death, if we hadn't killed you, either pryo or some other townie would have been voted off instead.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »
Aw Snap. I guess I've been outed as a Townie.  This is going to ruin my street cred with my homies. I'll be all like "Yo, I'm straight up gangsta!" and they'll be all like "shea, right, you be a Townie, fool!" and I'll be all like "dag, yo."

Now that the townie alliance has revealed itself, I will vote along party lines and Vote Wandering. sorry Chuck, please don't punch me

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »
The Chuck Norris hoped he was right about this.

UNPUNCH VUDU  

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »
You are not right about this.