Author Topic: Europe GBA SP Ad  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Nintega

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« on: March 03, 2003, 08:26:33 PM »
Check this ad out that Europe has for the GBA SP.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/gameboyadvancesp/style/download/1024x768/gbasp_wallpaper11.jpg

Hope NOA does something similar.

Offline Animelee

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 12:18:14 AM »
That saddens me. I always thought of Nintendo to be a family company, but I guess they have to ruin that for me, too. I'm tired of the "sex sells" crap...

Edit: Oh well, it's NOE, so I just dislike NOE, but I still love NOJ, NOC, and NOA.
The biggest Pokemon fan of all time.
Proud Nintendo fanboy.
"If it ain't from Nintendo, then I automatically hate it."

Offline TAYREL713

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 10:04:28 AM »
That ad is ridiculously funny and is the type of advertising Nintendo of America needs to consider in certain circumstances. That ad would not fly in Gamepro but would be perfect for say Maxim heck even Playboy. The GBA Sp is supposedly being marketed to adults so this pretty much fits the bill.
"I put my foot so deep in your ass the water in my knee will quench your thirst." (Ras Kass 'Miami Life')

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 04:01:20 PM »
Do you not remember Europe's GBA ad?  

A guy was sleeping naked when his roommate and his one-night stand woman come in to the room.  Knowing his friend is going to get lucky and despise him forever if he prevented it, he runs out to the balcony.  You see vague sillouhettes of the woman on top of the guy, and then you hear her say "Have any mates that want to join in?"

The naked guy develops a smile and comes running in to the room.  He has a look of shock on his face when he sees the two fully-clothed lovers playing Mario Kart.  The tag line was "If he had a GBA, he wouldn't have to blame the cold."

Ah, NOE.  They're the best.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline Animelee

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 08:27:10 PM »
I officially hate NOE...
The biggest Pokemon fan of all time.
Proud Nintendo fanboy.
"If it ain't from Nintendo, then I automatically hate it."

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 08:33:11 PM »
Great Ad. See signature.

Offline jasstoltz

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 09:51:59 AM »
I think the ad is pure genius. It's well done, and hits exactly what many Nintendo fans are claiming the company has missed: adult gamers. Of course this wouldn't run in a kids magazine, but that's the point!

Offline David G

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 10:10:51 AM »
I believe for the target audience (adult gamers) this is a fine ad.   If this were to pop up in a mag/website/tv com. more geared toward kids, then it would bring an uproar.  Good job advertising NOE.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 04:36:51 PM »
this ad is wonderful, had me laughing my ass off.

there are some great other ads that are just absolutely beautiful for the sp as well that are for all ages. i think it is great Nintendo is going after all ages on this campaign, and i have heard this ad is in maxium mag.

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2003, 03:37:58 PM »
I very well thought out ad. Perfect, but it would suit America more than Europe, but the other ads they made (calvin klein spoofs) suit Europe. As for Nintendo being a Family company, this is a marketing campign, if they made an ad with flowers and pink rabbits do you think it would sell much. Probably not. Times change and so do company's. Its an amazing ad.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2003, 08:10:33 PM »
Since it says "for men" in the bottom right corner I wonder if they will have a separate ad aimed at women that says "for women" in the bottom corner?  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Zaush

• View Profile
Europe GBA SP Ad
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 02:51:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
Since it says "for men" in the bottom right corner I wonder if they will have a separate ad aimed at women that says "for women" in the bottom corner?

I recall them leveraging a man's ass to get the ladies to pay attention. There's alot of male models that appear in these ads, suggesting that women can get something out of it too.