Author Topic: No playable Wii for public in Leipzig, Germany  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
No playable Wii for public in Leipzig, Germany
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:55:34 AM »
Games Convention

"At this time, we want to show Wii especially to journalists and trade representatives, who did not have the opportunity to go to E3," Bernd Fakesch, General Manager of Nintendo Germany, explains.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: No playable Wii for public in Leipzig, Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:05:18 AM »
Blah..."You must play the Wii to know the Wii" my .... For the love of Mike why aren't they letting us play it yet.  There acting like it's launching next year or something.  Something with the technology must still be off so they can make excuses... argg...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
Urk...

Hopefully this is just a hiccup. Nintendo's track record has been excellent as of late and I don't think anyone will mind if they have a small screw up.

I'm just hoping this isn't an indication that something is wrong with the technology or something along those lines.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:No playable Wii for public in Leipzig, Germany
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
I think Nintendo thinks that there's something wrong with 4 hour lines.

This is the same reason that E3 was "cancelled." The point of these conventions is not to throw a media circus, but to get new products into the hands of important media so that they can proselytize your products to the world.

It looks like Nintendo is worried that not enough european journalists will be able to get their hands on the Wii, so they're prioritizing: media before everyone else! virgin media before second-go media! English majors over geeks!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »
Personally, I believe this is the way to go.

People have now assumed that Nintendo isn't taking this Games Convention seriously...and are assuming no release information will be announced, and very little new information will come out.

Well, Nintendo still is having a pretty big presence there with a keynote speech and I think a press conference event before the show.  That sounds like something big is going down.  

The idea of keeping the Wii gameplay to Media means that Nintendo will be able to allow the media (which will shape opinion of their readers) the opportunity to get more time with the games.  This is more important than letting regular showgoers an attempt to play the system.

It also allows Nintendo to keep the price of this convention down, because they don't a large showroom floor presence.  

I saw Kudos for Nintendo...and lets keep this positive instead of negative.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »
They could just have a separate media area, though, and let the showgoers give it a try themselves.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Good point. Maybe they don't have enough Wiis to do it, or maybe they just actually have that many people they want to show it to without pressuring anyone on time much.

The PS3 won't be playable either apparently.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:14:52 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Good point. Maybe they don't have enough Wiis to do it, or maybe they just actually have that many people they want to show it to without pressuring anyone on time much.

The PS3 won't be playable either apparently.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Must be because the giant crabs invaded their hardware and caused massive damage by striking their weakpoint.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:33:12 PM »

This is the same reason that E3 was "cancelled." The point of these conventions is not to throw a media circus, but to get new products into the hands of important media so that they can proselytize the world to your products.

It looks like Nintendo is worried that not enough european journalists will be able to get their hands on the Wii, so they're prioritizing: media before everyone else! virgin media before second-go media! English majors over geeks!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

There fixed.  It didn't make much sense the other way.  I have a pretty good vocabulary but dang.  What is it this month with everyone throwing big words.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
big words

small Wi..... console.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »
This is probably the best thing they can do.  So many journalists and the like didn't get to try the Wii at E3 because the line was gigantic.  If it was playable for everyone again the line would definitely be huge again.

Random Joe's have no reason to get this preview however bad they may want it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »
At least I'll be able to enter the Nintendo booth that way. Of course then I'll have to ask what will be playable on the floor.

Maybe it has to do with theft, their booth was huge and impossible to completely oversee last year, if it's like that again they might be worried that in some darker corner someone will cut the wires on a wii controller and steal it.

S_B: There's a separate media day.

SixthAngel: The whole point of an expo is to give previews.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:53 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
At least I'll be able to enter the Nintendo booth that way. Of course then I'll have to ask what will be playable on the floor.

Maybe it has to do with theft, their booth was huge and impossible to completely oversee last year, if it's like that again they might be worried that in some darker corner someone will cut the wires on a wii controller and steal it.

S_B: There's a separate media day.

SixthAngel: The whole point of an expo is to give previews.

I am not arguing that the expo shouldn't give previews but it should give them to who they are meant for.  E3 isn't supposed to be an expo for everybody but it pretty much became that way.  Nintendo has to enforce their own rules if they want the right people to put their hands all over their Wii.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 09:12:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

This is the same reason that E3 was "cancelled." The point of these conventions is not to throw a media circus, but to get new products into the hands of important media so that they can proselytize to the world about to your products.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

There fixed.  It didn't make much sense the other way.  I have a pretty good vocabulary but dang.  What is it this month with everyone throwing big words.

Hmm.. according to that link it's sort of intransitive, so is this better? The link also talks about a transitive version of the verb, but I'm confused quite enough, thank you!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline lastexit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 10:08:04 PM »
keep the hype going

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
No no.  Because by the definition it's suppose to be "to induce someone to convert to one's faith".  So the sentence expands to:

This is the same reason that E3 was "cancelled." The point of these conventions is not to throw a media circus, but to get new products into the hands of important media so that they can induce the world to convert to you product.

Something to that effect.  Lose the to and about.