Author Topic: Update on Nintendo DS crack issue  (Read 2140 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Update on Nintendo DS crack issue
« on: August 05, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »
I wanted to confirm that I received my NDS Lite back Friday (It took 4 days total) and Nintendo of America will fix any NDS Lite system with the "crack" for free. So for those that have it and are the least bit concerned, I suggest you contact Nintendo and as long as it isn't something you did you will get a free repair (In fact I believe this is a whole new system that I received back!).  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Update on Nintendo DS crack issue
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 03:38:07 PM »
Probably simpler for them.  I know my DS wasn't built to be repaired.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Update on Nintendo DS crack issue
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

Nintendo DS Crack Issue

Nintendo DS: The NEW Kate Moss.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
RE: Update on Nintendo DS crack issue
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »
Mines a navy blue import, will they still fix the crack in mine?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
Not sure if they fix imports, on a side note I found out that this is indeed a new NDS Lite because now I have a dead or stuck pixel!

Offline Aussiedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:13:38 AM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
Not sure if they fix imports, on a side note I found out that this is indeed a new NDS Lite because now I have a dead or stuck pixel!

Send it back to Nintendo. VG sends stuck pixel DS-Lite back to Nintendo excellent customer service, waits 4 days then runs to pick up here newly fixed dead pixel DS only to find its her original DS-Lite back with the cracked hinge.

On a less sarcastic note does anyone know if Nintendo Australia are now fixing cracked hinges or are they still charging people $55 AUD as a few pisssed off people have stated in other forums?  
Will Wii Win?  

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:49:12 PM »

As I think i've said here before... When I spoke with NoA on a related issue, the CSR said that NoA will honor the warranty on DS/Lite systems from NoJ and NoE. But if they determine the problem can not be repaired, all you get in return is a brand new US model DS/Lite system. Since the only DS Lite available in the USA is Polar White, if you send NoA a "colored" DS lite you might not (probably will not) get back "your" DS, just a new Polar White DS.

"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 10:48:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Aussiedude

Send it back to Nintendo. VG sends stuck pixel DS-Lite back to Nintendo excellent customer service, waits 4 days then runs to pick up here newly fixed dead pixel DS only to find its her original DS-Lite back with the cracked hinge.

On a less sarcastic note does anyone know if Nintendo Australia are now fixing cracked hinges or are they still charging people $55 AUD as a few pisssed off people have stated in other forums?

I got my DS Lite back last week and it is PERFECT, so haha Aussieman. I love Nintendo of America, too bad I may have to sell this one and get the pink one.