Author Topic: Pokemafia: Day 7  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Pokemafia: Day 7
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:22:34 AM »
TODAY IS SNAP's ACTION NIGHT
VOTING ENDS AT 11PM EASTERN

UncleBob was the lucky winner.  How does a Digimon actually kill things?  Well, boring it to death worked for him last time.  He headed for Bulbasaur planning to talk to him until he passed out.  It didn't take long.  As soon as UncleBob was in range he noticed that Nemyh was glowing.  All at once Nemyh let a fully charged SolarBeam head for the floor.  This hit explosives and everything went up in smoke.

The next morning the other pokemon went to check out the aftermath.  There was UncleBob, dead as can be.   They examined him and discovered that he had no mafia markings.  He was in fact a priest and a recruiter.  Today was a sad day.

Wait a minute.  Where the hell is Nemyh?  All of the sudden a voice was heard...

"That'll teach you for tying me up like a dog!"

Nemyh as still alive.

Those weren't the only bombs going off last night.  About a half mile from there, there was another explosion.  Everyone ran to check it out.  There in the middle were two dead pokemon.  Bill was lying there.  Poor Nidoqueen.  They inspected him and discovered that he had a mark where a tattoo appeared to have been removed.  He was a townie.  Bill also had a shiny badge.  He was an investigator.

Not far from Bill was another dead Pokemon.  This was the body of Lugia.  Athrun Zala had died as well.  After inspecting his wing, they noticed the mark of Dash and the mark of an assassin.  He was a Dash assassin.

Results:
Uncle Bob is dead - He was a Townie Priest and Recruiter
Bill is dead - He was a Townie and an Investigator
Athrun Zala is dead - He was a Dash member and an Assassin  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Pokemafia: Day 7
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:24:44 AM »
Hm. What do you know? My little experiment worked.
The backwards cow says: Oom.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 04:59:01 AM »
Taken out.

Fetched far far far <This is ridiculous.>  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 05:02:19 AM »
Ceric read the story carefully.

Also, I'm not making up roles as I go.

Also, I'm sure there are many people in the game that are following it quite well.

Also.  I am just as shocked as you all are about a lot of this stuff.  My random number generator is doing carazy things.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 05:06:17 AM »
Ceric, at least your ignorance cements you as a townie. Or a very clever mafia member...or a not-very-clever mafia member....

Dammit this proves nothing.

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 05:17:22 AM »
So, it seems like its time to thin out the XD ranks.

VOTE VUDU

It seems like they perhaps need a new Godfather, since their vote bandwagons have led to the deaths of countless innocent townies.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Pokemafia: Day 7
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 06:19:39 AM »
Perhaps Bill was recruited by the townies.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 06:29:32 AM »
I don't trust Nemyh to vote with him. The one I'm suspicious of has been notably quiet almost this whole game.

UN-VOTE BLACKFOOTSTEPS

(we can deal with you later)  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 06:47:38 AM »
so confusing, guess I will try someone else.

Un-Vote  etoV-nU  

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 08:10:41 AM »
Yeah blackfootsteps is hardly playing. Vote cancelled.  
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 08:41:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
Perhaps Bill was recruited by the townies.

That would explain why he had a mark where it looked like a tattoo had been removed.

damn, no matter whether I vote for Vudu or BFS, I am voting for the same person as a known dash member.  Gonna go with my gut and VOTE VUDU
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 09:21:19 AM »
So what ...  we can't vote out Dash members?  This sucks.  If that's the case, Dash has already won.  There are at least three Dash members (Investigator, Doctor, Recruiter).  That only leaves eight non-Dash members.  Since one person has to die each night (either by being voted out or dying because a Dash member was voted out) we lose one person every night.  No mafia is purposefully going to attack a Dash member, for fear of dying themselves, therefore they'll only attack townies.  That leaves the Dash mafia to slowly take out the other mafias and win the game.  This sucks.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 10:00:23 AM »
Change of plan.

VOTE 18 DAYS

The only way anyone but Dash is going to win is if Townies and Mafia unite to continually vote them off. I'm betting that these Dash non-deaths are fluke more than anything. And besides, our numbers are getting so low that the chance that a townie will be chosen to carry out the deed is now very low. 18 Days should've been gone a long time ago. Time to end her unlikely run.
Twitter

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »
I'm with decoyman on this one.  It's the only way to prevent a Dash win.  VOTE 18 DAYS
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 10:36:09 AM »
Vote 18 Days

(Death lackey)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 11:17:04 AM »
Here's the thing...

If you vote the Dash members out and succeed for the next three nights (assuming there are only three left), it is certain that three other players will die (unless their doctor saves them, assuming they even have one anymore). That means that there could be 5 players left in three nights (forgetting for a second any mafia hits). Now if you are XD thats not particularly worrisome, because if they lose one member every night to a Dash explosion, they could still pull out a win. Snap could still win, but its pretty slim. However, if you're a townie and your win is based on you remaining alive...

Think about why vudu and decoyman would want to systematically take out Dash at this juncture.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »

Think about why vudu and decoyman would want to systematically take out Dash at this juncture.
There are three Dash members remaining, assuming there were no successful recruitments.  If we vote out XD or Snap or Townies it just means there will be even less people Dash has to kill in order to win.  As decoyman previously announced, the only way (assuming there are no undiscovered special roles) to stop Dash from winning would be to not vote anyone else out until all Dash members are gone.  Since we have to vote out someone, the only thing that can be done is to vote out Dash.  

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 11:54:39 AM »
That doesn't really jive, because all vudu (as an XD member) has to do is kill everyone else to win, as well.

I'm merely pointing out that vudu is just as good of a target as 18 Days for the exact same reasons.

Thats all I'm saying, is all...

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
I'll put it this way:

I don't expect to win anymore. I just want Dash out of this for having been the prime reason townies won't win.

If Dash doesn't win, I'll be happy, even if I'm in the "Poke-afterlife."
Twitter

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
Jigglypuff would prefer to vote for a non-Dash member.  Jigglypuff votes Vudu
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »
Well, this is dangerously close to me being voted out.  NuclearSpeed, can I persuade you to change your vote and help us attempt to kill a known Dash member?  You won't regret it.  

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
Ok then.
Vote MattVDB. Want to join back on this bandwagon NuclearSpeed?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »
I say keep voting Dash. Why? Because sooner or later Pale's numbers will result in one of the other Dash members being chosen to perform the voting execution. One of the two will surely die.

Vote 18days
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 04:59:51 PM »
So i've cheaten death like 2 or 3 times now, you guys don't suppose you're wasting your votes and sending another random member to their deaths? I mean comon, this is ridiculous.

Here's a crazy idea: why not try and find out what is keeping my alive and eliminate that.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »
Pale has said this game is based on percentages, he also said he thought the numbers he was receiving were crazy. In other words you have been super lucky twice now IIRC. Third times a charm hopefully
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€