and another one from GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37774590&postcount=7104
Apparently a Crytek employee is talking about Wii U
says they aren't making a game and that Wii U is very capable, but being held back by always on controller streaming.
I'll let you read their translation (source is in french)
- Crytek is NOT developing a game for Wii U, but they created a Crysis 3 level just to fully understand the console capabilities
- apparently he tried this level on the last DevKit available
- the game run on dx9 with a native 720p resolution, fxaa filter (it is impossible to use txaa), good framerate (30-35 stable fps), high quality texture (no pop up as in the Ps3/x360 game version due to the higher RAM amount), not fully implemented water shaders
- great particles effects (ambient occlusion on par with PC version)
- lighting effect on par with PC version (ultra setting)
- in the dev kit he tested, it is not possible to "turn off" the Pad monitor, so that it always streams 480p contents
- the programming staff thinks that (they are not sure) toggling off the Pad monitor, the game could run on a 1080p native resolution
In other posts he is well impressed by the overall console power, but he hopes that in future dev kits there will be the opportunity to disable the Wii U pad in order to unleash the console full power.
He thinks Crytek will show this demo on E3 showflor even if the game is not under development.
This kinda contradicts other things we've heard such as Crytek UK is making a Wii U game.
it's rumored to be Timesplitters 4, but could be Homefront 2.
Or maybe this person meant that that particular Crytek studio is not making a Wii U game and has only created a demo to familiarize themselves with the hardware.
either way... here is more salt.
anyone got some limes and tequila?