Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3141127 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5975 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »
I really don't think you need a multitouch screen for a keyboard to be implemented.  I have swype on my phone and ever since I began using it, I can never go back to typing with two fingers.  I don't see why swype couldn't be used on the upad.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Epic Mickey 2 3DS!?
« Reply #5976 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
Official Nintendo Magazine France says
Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion
is a 3DS game with classic 2D that will be shown off next Week
https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoMagFr/status/181793421483188226
La présentation d'Epic Mickey 2 aura lieu la semaine prochaine. Une version 3DS, Power of Illusion, plus "classique" en 2D est aussi prévue.
translated:
presentation of Epic Mickey 2 will take place next week. 3DS version, Power of Illusion, more "classic" 2D is also planned.

So who is looking forward to an EPIC Mickey 2 spin off on with 2D action the go?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:39:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »
World... Of... Warcraft.  No way Blizzard is putting that on Console.  Diablo 3 be much much more believeable.

WOW subscriptions have been dropping quite a bit, why wouldn't they want it on Wii U too? Another $15 a month per subscriber (in addition to the cost of the initial game)? The Wii U controller makes it more app than any current console.
WoW really requires mods to play most effective plus in a year or two the WoW replacement will be here.  Also Diablo 3 is coming out soon (5/15/2012) and controls and what your doing wise just makes more sense.  I be very surprised to see WoW on even the Wii U.

Also what about Vent, Team Speak, Mumble, Axiom, etc...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:40:00 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: March 20, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
I'd like to see Star Wars: The Old Republic on WiiU
I'm just sayin'
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: March 20, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »
I don't see WoW on the WiiU because I don't see Nintendo giving up control of an aspect of their system.  Blizzard likes to keep full control on their games and having to get approval from Nintendo when adding things to the game will make it nearly impossible to keep the WiiU version updated and so it would have to run on its own server completely separate from the PC version.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: March 20, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
In regards to Epic Mickey 2, I'm not happy it's on the 3DS.  I got nothing against the 3DS, but I do not like it when sequels to console games go to portables.  I'd rather they expand it and make it for the HD consoles including WiiU.
I wouldn't care if it was a spinoff, but it's not.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: March 20, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »
I don't think Epic Mickey 2 moved to 3DS. I think the 3DS version is a portable, spin-off version of the console game. It seems the 3DS version has an extra subtitle. I think the console version will be mlti-platform, including WiiU. I wouldn't even be surprised to see bundles for multi-plat that include the original (maybe an HD version of it).
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5982 on: March 20, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
I don't think Epic Mickey 2 moved to 3DS. I think the 3DS version is a portable, spin-off version of the console game. It seems the 3DS version has an extra subtitle. I think the console version will be mlti-platform, including WiiU. I wouldn't even be surprised to see bundles for multi-plat that include the original (maybe an HD version of it).

Bingo, the Twitter quote even says 3DS version[/i], meaning it's not just on the 3DS.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: March 20, 2012, 10:29:34 PM »
Could Legacy of Kain be getting a reboot (for the Wii U)?

http://kotaku.com/5895038/rumor-reboot-could-make-soul-reaver-rise-from-the-grave

Those memories may be getting a modern-day resurrection, according to VG247. Citing "anorexic" sources, the website's reporting that dev studio Crystal Dynamics is working on an all-new iteration of its nocturnal action property. It's not clear if this will be a reboot like Tomb Raider's getting with a new version of those Kain or Raziel characters or something entirely different. The report loosely speculates on that a reveal might happen this year.

Has anyone noticed that both Ninja Gaiden 3 and Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City have gotten pretty low reviews (mostly from IGN) some where in the range of three and four out of ten. Damn, I had such high hopes of these games being on Wii U later in the year.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:31:17 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: March 20, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »
Let's see... what new "rumors" can we post today?

Let's start with some random GameBlog forum post citing that he has a source that says NDA's will be lifted sometime after next week.
http://www.gameblog.fr/forum/topic/99012-le-topic-de-la-wii-u/page__st__720__p__1979609#entry1979609
which makes sense considering FY2011 ends after next week. Which likely means Investor Meetings and Quarterly Financial Reports. New news will be likely to surface.

Some E3 exhibitors have surfaced from the E3 site... it's hard to get it to load now, and I'm sure this info will not be there whenever you do get it to load (maybe), but this guy has no reason to lie.
Quote from: Rösti
I noticed a few things in the [E3] floor plans, Wii U is mentioned on a number of occasions, under the following product categories:

Accessories > Nintendo Wii U

Hyperkin, Inc.
http://hyperkin.com/

Action > Nintendo Wii U

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
http://www.capcom.com

Casual Games > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive
http://www.bigben.eu/

Distributor > Nintendo Wii U

GAMEWORLD DISTRIBUTORS
http://www.gameworlddistributors.com/

Mecca Electronic Ind. Inc.
http://www.meccaelect.com/

Proximo Games LLC
http://www.proximogames.com/

Family/Children's Entertainment > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive

Fitness > Nintendo Wii U

Bigben Interactive

Hardware > Nintendo Wii U

Internet Product/Service > Nintendo Wii U

Pole To Win
http://www.poletowinamerica.com/

Manufacturing > Nintendo Wii U

LevelUp
http://www.levelupgear.com/

Peripherals > Nintendo Wii U

Retail > Nintendo Wii U

Pole To Win
Proximo Games LLC

Sports > Nintendo Wii U
Bigben Interactive

As the hub appears to be only in the starting phase, I assume much more will be added soon, or perhaps Nintendo wants to have everything under wraps. Though that wouldn't explain why Capcom is listed under "Action > Nintendo Wii U". The Pole To Win America testing group is kinda interesting as well.

http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E312

and another one from IdeaMan.
Apparenty if you beat Rolling Western, it hints at a sequel. That sequel will be The Last Ranger.
Quote from: IdeaMan
Concerning the recently trademarked "The Last Ranger"

I'm sorry but it appears it won't be a fantasized J-RPG nor a dreamed of Mach Rider revival for Wii U. A contact told me that when you complete Rolling Western on 3DS and respect some parameters (maybe beating a special boss, or reach an amount of gold, i don't know), it hints toward a sequel named The Last Ranger. I think i've seen someone suggesting that this new trademark could be that, but it was just a guess without data to proof it from what i remember. If this information is true, it's a confirmation. I didn't saw it while reading all the thread pages, or on the dedicated topics.

I haven't witnessed this myself so don't know if it's true, it would be cool if someone with this game could check that.

If it's the case, then, The Last Ranger could simply be a sequel on 3DS, still on Eshop, maybe the first game was an appetizer to probe the market and the 2 will be available on retail, or it could be a future installment of this franchise on Wii U via the Nintendo Network (perhaps a double launch, for handled and home system), or we can even imagine a more ambitious action/tower-defense shipped in box for the platform.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5985 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:21 PM »
I don't know. The Japanese title of The Last Ranger makes me think more of
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:40:44 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:36 AM »

Yusagi Yojimbo?
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5987 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:52 AM »

Usagi Yojimbo.

If an Usagi Yojimbo game was ever released...ok...scratch that if a GOOD Usagi Yojimbo game was ever released...I would be the happiest person in the world. 

The only thing that would make me happier is if a GOOD Usagi Yojimbo cartoon was created.  (The stories are already written...the style is perfect for animation...and you even have a cute way of showing death to make it less scary)  Cartoon Network do this NOW!!!!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:41 AM »
Yeah, I just noticed that too.  Guess I got all upset for nothing.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: March 21, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »

Usagi Yojimbo.

If an Usagi Yojimbo game was ever released...ok...scratch that if a GOOD Usagi Yojimbo game was ever released...I would be the happiest person in the world. 

The only thing that would make me happier is if a GOOD Usagi Yojimbo cartoon was created.  (The stories are already written...the style is perfect for animation...and you even have a cute way of showing death to make it less scary)  Cartoon Network do this NOW!!!!

Wasn't he from TMNT? The comics? hehe

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5990 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
No.  He is from an independent Comic, which is amazing...much better than anything the Turtles ever did.  Written by Stan Sakai. 

At a comic convention Stan just happened to be placed by the TMNT booth and a collaboration was born, which Stan wrote a few stories with the Turtles in his book, and TMNT had Usagi in the cartoon, and I think the comic.  Stan Sakai did some awesome stuff with the Turtles treating them more like real Ninjas. 

Usagi Yojimbo is one of the longest running comic book series, that is written, drawn and inked by one guy.  Please check it out.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »
No.  He is from an independent Comic, which is amazing...much better than anything the Turtles ever did.  Written by Stan Sakai. 

At a comic convention Stan just happened to be placed by the TMNT booth and a collaboration was born, which Stan wrote a few stories with the Turtles in his book, and TMNT had Usagi in the cartoon, and I think the comic.  Stan Sakai did some awesome stuff with the Turtles treating them more like real Ninjas. 

Usagi Yojimbo is one of the longest running comic book series, that is written, drawn and inked by one guy.  Please check it out.

When you say Cartoons are you referring to the 80's or 2002's? As he has appeared in both ;)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: March 21, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »
Then he was probably referring to both?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline sebasrd27

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: March 21, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »
*Rumor* Wii U NDA to end on March 26th?

Some of the tightly sealed NDA's might be coming to an end on March 26th. While I'm very skeptical of the "source" of this information since this time of year always has unconfirmed sources of other sources who claim their source is a developer who knows the truth. However, if I was a developer sitting on exclusive Wii U information for nearly a full year.....
For now, at least for another week we need to wait and see what comes of this. While it's a bit frustrating to not get any confirmation of these rumors from Nintendo themselves, it's also fun to live through the experience.

Lets hope it!! Maybe next week will be nice, or maybe another week without nothing to eat XD

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5994 on: March 21, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »

When you say Cartoons are you referring to the 80's or 2002's? As he has appeared in both ;)

Both.  I have seen both.  The 80s cartoon was horrible representation of him.  The 2000s cartoon was a pretty good representation...and the Space Usagi pitch that was created was pretty bad as well.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: March 21, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Well going back to seeing MMO on consoles, nothing stopping you from using any usb keyboard (or even WII wireless ones) for the WII U.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: March 21, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
Just provide a virtual keyboard on the touchscreen with swype installed and the issue is resolved imo.  Swype is so easy to use as long as you know how to spell

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »
Well going back to seeing MMO on consoles, nothing stopping you from using any usb keyboard (or even WII wireless ones) for the WII U.
Just provide a virtual keyboard on the touchscreen with swype installed and the issue is resolved imo.  Swype is so easy to use as long as you know how to spell
A lot of MMO controls require pressing more than 1 button at a time plus mods that aren't made by the company in WoW's case plus Vent, Teamspeak, Mumble, etc. if you want to progress in large group content in an effective manner plus at time clicking special on screen objects fast.

Don't get me wrong.  I think SWTOR could be adapted ok.  Though most of what we think of today as an MMO could not unless it had a console in mind already.  I do think the Wii U will allow for an MMO that is made with the console in mind to really outshine other console MMOs that have beend done before.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: March 21, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
as long as you know how to spell

Sadly, that seems to be too much to ask for from most young people these days.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5999 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
A lot of MMO controls require pressing more than 1 button at a time plus mods that aren't made by the company in WoW's case plus Vent, Teamspeak, Mumble, etc. if you want to progress in large group content in an effective manner plus at time clicking special on screen objects fast.

Don't get me wrong.  I think SWTOR could be adapted ok.  Though most of what we think of today as an MMO could not unless it had a console in mind already.  I do think the Wii U will allow for an MMO that is made with the console in mind to really outshine other console MMOs that have beend done before.

If only there was a way for Nintendo to design some kind of, I dunno, keyboard controller. . .

*sigh* If only. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.