Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3162939 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5875 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
Apparently Donkey Kong 3D was fake. But it will happen eventually.

http://kotaku.com/5892805/gamestop-debunks-wild-donkey-kong-3d-rumors?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

And Megaman creator wants to make something for Wii U.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/inafune-on-the-sad-state-of-japanese-gaming-6365702

Ian, we are going to get project hammer watch as one of them. But it won't look like a lame beat em up with crappy motion controls. It's going to be some Epic hammer wielding robot messing up massive robot aliens or some stone age cave man beating up dinosaurs. I'd like either of those actually.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: March 13, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
Keep it up, I need more news. I'm starving here.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: March 13, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »
Not a rumor but news. Pikmin and Donkey Kong could have appeared in Galaxy, but Miyamoto said no.
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/12/super-mario-galaxy-2-could-have-featured-donkey-kong-and-pikmin-cameos-but-miyamoto-said-no/

This is a good article. They ask if DK could be the main enemy again. They answer to the affect of, if we need an enemy to throw barrels or some such then maybe. Bowser was throwing barrels in Mario 3D Land. I know Ian wants to see a none Bowser core Mario game. Seems like some of the actual guys making the game think the same way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:37:00 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: March 13, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
Wow that sounds exciting but sounds a little too good to be true. Or you know maybe not. A new Wii like series could be one or 2 of them. I'm hoping for at least 1 character based, story driven IP.

I'm hoping for something story driven as well.  Steel Diver is new IP but do I give a ****?  It needs to be something exciting where we are introduced to a new world and form an emotional connection with it.  Wii Sports was a licence to print money but is there any emotional interest in it like fans have for Mario, Pokemon, Zelda?  It's just customized avatars playing sports.  Not every game can have a mythology to it but that is what I really want out of a new IP from Nintendo.

Xenoblade and The Last Story are exactly what you people are asking for and are coming out on the Wii in the next few months.  Both games are very story driven new Nintendo IP's and in the case of Xenoblade, a f*cking massive 100+ hour experience.  Just because NOA hasn't been the most supportive in bringing them over, doesn't chance the fact they're still new Nintendo IP's that NCL funded and created.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Wow that sounds exciting but sounds a little too good to be true. Or you know maybe not. A new Wii like series could be one or 2 of them. I'm hoping for at least 1 character based, story driven IP.

I'm hoping for something story driven as well.  Steel Diver is new IP but do I give a ****?  It needs to be something exciting where we are introduced to a new world and form an emotional connection with it.  Wii Sports was a licence to print money but is there any emotional interest in it like fans have for Mario, Pokemon, Zelda?  It's just customized avatars playing sports.  Not every game can have a mythology to it but that is what I really want out of a new IP from Nintendo.

Xenoblade and The Last Story are exactly what you people are asking for and are coming out on the Wii in the next few months.  Both games are very story driven new Nintendo IP's and in the case of Xenoblade, a f*cking massive 100+ hour experience.  Just because NOA hasn't been the most supportive in bringing them over, doesn't chance the fact they're still new Nintendo IP's that NCL funded and created.

Hey i'm not complaining at all, and I have never EVER once complained about seeing Nintendo's franchises given sequels every generation. I'm super happy for these RPG's and i'm even expecting these characters to show up in smash bros.

And seeing how Smash is the most important thing on my mind right now, I just hope at E3 we get at least 1 more new IP that is character and story driven, so another new character or 2 could join the smash bros crew.

RomanceDawn

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 14, 2012, 12:57:54 AM »
:o

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline sebasrd27

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 14, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »
Hi everyone! I´m a newcomer, posting from Spain. I´ve been reading you those days. It´s very interesting to see how people share information or rumors about WiiU. On the Spanish forums most people is excited about WiiU and waiting for the E3 so badly  :)
I want to share some info, coming from the Japanese website Andriasang. It´s about FF Versus XIII:

Tetsuya Nomura says in this week's Famitsu that he's almost ready with preparations for sharing new Final Fantasy Versus XIII info. So does that mean we can expect an update soon? Apparently not. According to Nomura, certain circumstances, which he describes as "totally unrelated," are preventing him from sharing the info. He also said that he's not allowed to talk about the situation, so all he can do is continue engaging in discussions. Discussions with who? He didn't say.
Mysterious!

A bit misterious words from Nomura... They are engaging discussions with SONY cause the game will be on others platforms too?  He is not allowed to share the info according to certain circumstances? Maybe a WiiU version of the game?

To me, it would be very nice to see this game on WiiU!!

And seeing how Smash is the most important thing on my mind right now, I just hope at E3 we get at least 1 more new IP that is character and story driven, so another new character or 2 could join the smash bros crew.

Thanks for responding my emails the other day, Matt!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:50:32 AM by sebasrd27 »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 14, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
A WiiU version would be neat.  I'm not getting my hopes up though.  Welcome to posting on the forums.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 14, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
That Sonic Dimensions rumor appears to be a hoax.
 [size=78%]http://spong.com/feature/10110643/Interview-Sonic-4-Episode-2[/size]

Good, Nintendo needs to just do it themselves and no need for multipersonality Sonic with slightly different abilities, that's what Kunckles and Tails are for!

Analyst things GTA V early next year with a Wii U version possible.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-14-gta-v-likely-to-launch-in-early-2013-wii-u-sku-possible-analyst?

RomanceDawn

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 14, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »
Oh god if the Wii U could bring mainline FF back to Nintendo consoles... *swoon*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Oh god if the Wii U could bring mainline FF back to Nintendo consoles... *swoon*
Technically FF Versus XIII is not mainline.  It's similar to FFXIII-2 only held in much higher regard.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5887 on: March 14, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
I'm actually expecting Versus XIII to land on Nintendo's next console. The dev team switched engines on the game in the middle of development to make it functionally work properly and efficiently for the PS3 (I believe, right?).

Though, I'd love to see the mainline series return on a Nintendo system. It's been FAR too long.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 14, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »
I'd like to see Nintendo and Square-Enix collaborate on a long overdue sequel to Super Mario RPG. There was supposed to have been one on the Nintendo 64, but the relationship between Nintendo and Square fell apart and it just never happened. I know its been a long time, but we recently seen a new Super Mario bros. game and a new Donkey Kong Country, so anything can happen.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »
I may be in the minority, but I'd argue that every Mario RPG since the original is a better game than Super Mario RPG. Both Paper Marios, and at least Mario & Luigi 1 and 3, if not 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:37 PM »
I may be in the minority, but I'd argue that every Mario RPG since the original is a better game than Super Mario RPG. Both Paper Marios, and at least Mario & Luigi 1 and 3, if not 2.

Insanolord, I hate to rain on your parade but Super Mario RPG was the best of all. Not to discredit the other RPG series, but the SNES was so ahead of its time and the quality of the game demands a sequel.

Why is Team Ninja including a Hero mode in Ninja Gaiden 3? They seem to to want to appeal to a broader market by making the game series easier. Honestly, I think that Tecmo Koie realizes that Dynasty Warriors, DoA and Ninja Gaiden need more customers in order to keep the bills paid on time. That is reasoning.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5891 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Wow. I can't believe I'm agreeing with Kytim, but yeah, Super Mario RPG is leaps and bounds better than the Paper Mario series. There may be more humor found within the characters in Paper Mario, but the battle system, having a three-person party (with backups), and 3/4-view graphical style is loads better than PM. I just get the sense of having a more epic adventure out of Super Mario RPG than I do with Paper Mario. It is what is.

And Square/Nintendo did it right.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
The mode 7 mole cart races and battling a giant wedding cake are two good reasons why Super Mario RPG game is better than all Mario RPGs since. Oh yeah, and don't forget Frogfucious.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
The mode 7 mole cart races and battling a giant wedding cake are two good reasons why Super Mario RPG game is better than all Mario RPGs since. Oh yeah, and don't forget Frogfucious.

The Smithy gang is one of my favorite group of villains of all time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 14, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »
I didn't play Super Mario RPG until the Virtual Console, and it just feels really dated to me. In my opinion, the newer games have better battle systems and are certainly better written and better looking. "Epic adventure" just feels out of place in the Mario universe to me; I prefer the more lighthearted, humorous takes the newer games have. I will admit that having a larger party is nice.

Keep in mind that I'm not usually a big fan of JRPGs, so the increased platforming elements in the new games help a lot, and I absolutely love the badge system in the Paper Mario games.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
Even if Sonic Dimensions isn't gonna happen, that doesn't mean Sega might not have something Sonic related planned for Wii U
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-14-takashi-iizuka-outlines-vision-for-sonic-on-ps4-next-xbox
Meanwhile, as Microsoft and Sony sort their next-generation plans out internally, Nintendo is preparing to release the Wii U, its Wii successor, in time for Christmas.

Iizuka said Sonic is the "perfect fit" for the device, but kept his cards close to his chest when quizzed by Eurogamer.
He said: "The Wii was an extremely successful platform. It was totally global. It went into the families that maybe would not have picked up a home console before. It created that living room experience with families, and it had great success.

"Now, adding the controller, and in a sense upgrading the Wii, it has got potential to further that and increase its customer base.

"I feel Sonic is the right fit because it is that kind of family experience game. I do feel Wii U is applicable to Sonic. But how we will apply using the controller to Sonic is something we're still thinking about at the moment."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
AMD & IBM building Wii U together in India?
« Reply #5896 on: March 14, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
It's been rumored for quite a while now that AMD & IBM have been developing the Wii U together somewhere in India for the last 2 years, but now there are some resumes out there that back this up. But I'm only gonna quote the one with the most direct evidence.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: March 14, 2012, 10:03:45 PM »
Interesting BnM, especially the SATA part, does this mean,it will have a Hard Drive? Theoretically?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
It's been rumored for quite a while now that AMD & IBM have been developing the Wii U together somewhere in India for the last 2 years, but now there are some resumes out there that back this up. But I'm only gonna quote the one with the most direct evidence.

I doubt that is good for getting them a job because I'm sure the NDA isn't up on that stuff.  At the very least should have left Wii-U out in that part till it was released.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: March 14, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »
Is anyone interested in Ninja Gaiden 3 for the Wii U?