Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3141024 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4675 on: July 31, 2011, 02:53:50 PM »
Well, they have said they are looking into the possibility. You have to remember that it will tax the system though, the Wii U itself has to process and handle all the video and stuff that appears on the Wii U controllers (the controllers don't do any of it). That means a second controller would take away processing power and memory that a publisher can use in a game if they support a second controller.

This is why I want a wireless classic controller pro because certain games I do not want to use that screen exclusively for game play.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: July 31, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
One idea that I had for what the Umote could bring to an RPG series like Final Fantasy is return it to an over world map and towns. One complaint that many fans of the series have been bithcing up a storm over is that Final Fantasy 13 had no overworld map or traditional towns with shops for buying accessories and needed items. So, what if the Wii U had a Final Fantasy game with the production values of Final Fantasy 13 and when the player had to traverse from point A to point B in the game's world the game transfers over to the Umote where you see a pre-Final Fantasy 10 sprite of your character traveling across the screen. Once you reach your destination then the game goes back to the television screen.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4677 on: July 31, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
If the Wii U is truly more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, I wouldn't be shocked if they put Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U since Square Enix usually put the series on the most powerful hardware.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: July 31, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
If the Wii U is truly more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, I wouldn't be shocked if they put Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U since Square Enix usually put the series on the most powerful hardware.

It would most likely be cross platform with the Wii U version having things that are not included with the 360 or PS3 versions.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
But will this mean the Nintendo will strip features from the Wii U to keep it as profitable as possible if they are forced to sell it cheaper than first planned?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/01/3ds_pricedrop_gamecube/

Another reason Iwata mentioned for the decision to drop the price is the state of Nintendo's finances.  The success of the Wii and the DS have left Nintendo's war chest in a good condition, allowing it to take on business risks, such as the 3DS price drop and Wii U development, simultaneously.

So I'm going to say Wii U development isn't going to be effected by the 3DS price drop.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: August 01, 2011, 02:35:34 AM »
Street Fighter X Tekken for 3DS?

"It’s possible. For the 3DS, I wanted to do an [Super Street Fighter IV:] Arcade Edition version, but I haven’t had a chance to do that because of all the other things I’m up to. At the company, we’re debating should we go for an AE port on 3DS? Should we skip that and go straight to Street Fighter x Tekken? There are a lot of things up in the air, so I can’t say for sure what our next 3DS project will be."
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16002

Who wants that stupid arcade edition!? No one!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4681 on: August 01, 2011, 02:47:06 AM »
They also said they were looking at a Wii version of Street Fighter IV before it came out, so I won't believe anything unless they announce it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: August 01, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
They also said they were looking at a Wii version of Street Fighter IV before it came out, so I won't believe anything unless they announce it.

I doubt Capcom was lying about that. They just looked into it in the same sense that I've looked into joining a gym.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
There was no reason Street Fighter IV couldn't have come to the Wii. The only thing that had to be cut out was HD, but who needs that? Its a fighting game and a 2D one at that, so there's absolutely nothing that would have taxed the Wii hardware. The only thing is the controls might have sucked, but that's what the Classic Controller is for.

Hell, Capcom could have brought Resident Evil 5 to the Wii if they wanted to. Activision was able to bring COD Black Ops to the Wii, so there's really no excuse.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:22:19 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
There was no reason Street Fighter IV couldn't have come to the Wii. The only thing that had to be cut out was HD, but who needs that? Its a fighting game and a 2D one at that, so there's absolutely nothing that would have taxed the Wii hardware. The only thing is the controls might have sucked, but that's what the Classic Controller is for.

Hell, Capcom could have brought Resident Evil 5 to the Wii if they wanted to. Activision was able to bring COD Black Ops to the Wii, so there's really no excuse.

Actually, I understand that the game is actually fully 3D, and that originally even the hitboxes were 3D (outcry made them change that!). But you're pointing out that there probably isn't a technical reason why it couldn't be done. I'm pointing out that they certainly considered it at some point, but for whatever reason concluded that it wasn't worth the effort to bother.

And Black Ops doesn't have as awesome a title screen as RE5, so porting the former was technically feasible.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
4 New Nintendo Selects this Month!?
« Reply #4685 on: August 08, 2011, 07:44:59 PM »
4 More Nintendo Select Titles on the Way!?
Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!! and Super Mario Galaxy!?
http://kotaku.com/5828788/rumor-four-more-wii-games-have-been-selected-for-nintendo-selects-budget-line
Wii owners, you may soon have four new games to play at budget-friendlier prices. According to retail sources, Nintendo will update its "Nintendo Selects" budget line with Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!! and Super Mario Galaxy in August.

Do you still get full credit for Select Titles?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
Yes, I buy two of those because I don't own them and the Third is good but I never think I beat it again. I own 1 of them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: August 10, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
Wow, I don't own any of those games. Only borrowed Galaxy 1. These could make good gifts for the holidays.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: August 11, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
I want compensation for buying Mario Galaxy too early.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ZOE:3DS
« Reply #4689 on: August 16, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
Zone of Enders 3DS!?
Kojima Tweets.... and shares pics
http://twitter.com/#!/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/103269075823755264

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: August 22, 2011, 01:27:32 AM »
Nintendo will reveal a new Firm Emblem title for 3DS soon, the game is called Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance. The game will take place 100 years after Sealed Sword, the story centers around Princess of Kingdom Bern and Prince of Kingdom Lycia, each will have different story in their perspective. The game will also have new Casual Mode for beginners and Lunatic Mode for advanced players.

Woot, love the FE series.  Hopefully this one's true because that would be another reason to buy an 3DS for me.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4691 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »
Source of the rumor?

If true, glad it would have a mood for people who aren't hardcore SRPG fans.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: August 22, 2011, 02:53:35 AM »
Source of the rumor?

If true, glad it would have a mood for people who aren't hardcore SRPG fans.

http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: August 22, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »
[...]Square Enix usually put the series on the most powerful hardware.

Several titles were PS2 exclusive, in spite of it being the weakest of the three main players during its time...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
Man what ever happened to that Pokemon game for Wii? I know it's being worked on. I expected it and Zelda to hold me til Wii U.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: August 22, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
Man what ever happened to that Pokemon game for Wii? I know it's being worked on. I expected it and Zelda to hold me til Wii U.

You mean Pikachu's Pokepark? :P

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4696 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »

Several titles were PS2 exclusive, in spite of it being the weakest of the three main players during its time...

Guarantee void if your system sells like crap in Japan or doesn't use a standard media format.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: August 22, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »

Plus the NES, SNES, and PlayStation were not the most powerful pieces of hardware for their respective generations. That statement is true only of Final Fantasy XIII. In other cases, the system was chosen because it was the most popular, and also because the PlayStation could do the CG scenes they wanted. Though when they started developing FFXIII they probably expected the PS3 to sell better than it did.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4698 on: August 22, 2011, 07:29:31 PM »
So the site that first revealed Project Cafe aka WiiU has come back with a doozy. Get your salt licks ready, folks.

http://www.01net.com/editorial/537862/nintendo-l-and-039-envers-du-decor-confidences-d-and-039-un-employe-de-big-n/

Translation follows, some parts bolded for emphasis:
We are lucky to count among our –mostly anonymous - sources several foreign correspondants, some of them at key positions in the global gaming industry. We owe them, among other things, our early coverage of the Playstation Vita and Wii U hardware. One of them, who happens to be one of the very few Nintendo employees to dare break the code of silence, recently gave us a sobering account of the state of affairs inside the Big N structure.    More than any other sector, beit the music, motion picture, luxury or automotive industry, gaming is synonymous with emotional attachment to brands, devices and companies. And among all studios, publishers and makers, Nintendo enjoys by far the most sincere and dedicated following. Its logo, its many characters and IPs, its leading figures, like Shigeru Miyamoto, are the object of passionate scrutiny all around the world.
   01net. writers are true Nintendo fans. One of us, William Audureau, recently published one of the most careful studies ever about the company’s most celebrated character (in French only so far). Our source has lived for, and eventually thanks to Nintendo, for most of his/her life. What s/he told us sounds like a wake-up call, inspired by the many troubles threatening the institution to which s/he has dedicated his/her life. For the same reasons, we decided to publish this information, as a five-part series running all week.
Part 1/5
3DS: the early bird who couldn’t catch the worm
We have known for a long time that the 3DS had been launched early to undercut the mobile industry, and the upcoming next-gen Playstation Portable. But this rushed release, probably partially responsible for its technical limitations and a disappointing battery life (when compared to past performance), will eventually have much graver and far-ranging consequences.

Ooops… I think we forgot something
It’s a mistake beyond belief, but Nintendo honchos finally had to admit, after the 3DS went through the mass production and release stage, that they had made a terrible omission: a right analog stick was a requirement to provide a superior gaming experience. According to our source, right as you read those lines, Nintendo engineers are spending many sleepless nights working on an additional device, which should be sold separately for about 10 dollars. Its shape and fixation mechanism are still unknown, but it needs a tight grip on the right part of the console. Will it have to be removed everytime you want to close the 3DS?

Feeling the pressure
Very recently, Nintendo asked a select group of developers to create titles specifically designed for two analog controls… even if that will entail an additional cost of 10 dollars per console to be played on currently available hardware. Although such noises rarely if ever reach the higher strata of the company, most Nintendo employees working with third-party developers are indeed feeling the heat, as disgruntled studios and publishers become more vocal in their disappointment.

Developers stand in line
Third-party support is key to the 3DS’s potentiel success. Only they can enrich the software line-up,
suffering so far from a relatively low volume of fresh titles, which makes Nintendo’s ongoing policy towards developers all the less coherent. The submission and approval process is described as very costly, time-consuming and often arbitrary in nature. Worse even, dev kits are still extremely scarce. Although no longer produced by Intelligent Systems – Nintendo’s hardware R&D arm – but outsourced to Tokyo Electric and Marubeni, dev kits are still produced at a ridiculously slow pace (300 units per month), and sold for a hefty price. As a consequence, even six months after the release, the waiting lists are getting more crowded, and many studios are still waiting for a chance to develop on the 3DS. This erratic situation is described by our source as a good example of serious management mishaps inside the Big N, that act as an impediment to developer relations and hardware adoption by consumers.

What you can’t see…
According to our source, Nintendo is well aware that it has so far failed to convince the public that its 3D display technology was harmless. Many parents are refraining from buying the console for fear of adverse effects to their children’s eyesight. This innovative “glasses-free” 3D display technology, the console’s main selling point, could well prove a major stumbling block. The advertising issue, despite a vast deployment of demo units at the point of sale level, remains: how do you sell something you can’t show? In the wake of the early price-slashing and “3DS ambassadors” (20 free VC games) program announcements, Iwata’s welcoming of 2D (totally free of 3D content) games on the platform smells like capitulation.
This information corroborates several elements we obtained very recently from various sources. According to them, Nintendo is currently preparing a new 3DS for a 2012 release. This new version would radically tone down the whole “3D“ angle, with a new design and even probably a different name. In that perspective, the radical price-slashing, touted as a measure to boost sales, would also be a way to liquidate current stocks to make way for the sucessor…

There’s a war raging on out there…
 Some of the problems alluded to by our source could find a happy resolution, but let’s not forget the unrelentless assaults from the mobile industry, with its breathtaking race to the heights of computing power. Phone makers, like LG with its Optimus 3D smartphone, are even coming up with their own “glasses-free” 3D displays. If John Carmack’s predictions – of smartphones outgunning current last-gen home consoles in “a very short time” – ever came true, the 3DS’s future could seem bleak at best… but let’s not forget there’s always the next brand new PokĂ©mon around the corner!

Copyright 01net – 2011
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:21 PM »
All that sounds retarded. It doesn't sound legit. Well, besides for a 3DS revision in 2012.