Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3161553 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4550 on: June 05, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »
Thats cool, but I wish they would have saved it for Cafe.
It says "Super Mario Wii 2" and they have "Wii 2" listed under Wii, so it might actually reference Cafe.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »
Zelda's Skyward Wii is over 9,999!!!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: June 05, 2011, 01:53:07 AM »
Ah thank you my hopes are raised again to sky high levels!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
ESRB Leak *update 2*
« Reply #4553 on: June 05, 2011, 01:55:40 AM »
Remember that supposed ESRB leak from a few days ago....

This list includes: a new mini-game collection, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. 4, Endless Ocean, Pikmin, Kirby, a new Zelda collection, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario., Dead Rising 2, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 "or something that looked like it," Silent Hill Downpour, a new Suda51 game that is "not No More Heroes" but is about "something hunting demons," "some mech game," Trauma Center: Current Crisis, Soul Calibur, Tekken, GTA V, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, "some Metal Gear Solid game where you play as a girl," "some cyber punk game" that looks like Snatcher, Gradius, Contra, Castlevania, and "Fallout 3 or 4."

It mentioned Contra and game that looked like Snatcher.

The next day Contra was teased at the Konami conference and if you watched the conference closely you will notice something else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bvyq8S46O0&feature=player_embedded#at=56

http://i51.tinypic.com/2q900zp.jpg

now that has got to be more than just a coincidence right?

Everything the "ESRB Guy" said back on May 15th 2011

As you can see by the previous update, some of those statements have proven themselves true (Contra & Snatcher specifically) but he kinda loses some credibility with the Zelda Universe comment, although it could be refered to that as some sort of code name until official announcement....

2 days 10hours 5minutes remain

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Another 4Chan leak!? I want to believe it. So do you.
« Reply #4554 on: June 05, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
As with everything else, I would that this with a spoonful of salt and a shot of tequila

More from 4Chan
http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/97495083
The System:
- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb
- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendoā€™s art style and the power of the system, the games look ā€˜stunningā€™.
- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.
- The System resembles JPN/EU SNES machines in color only and not in shape
- The development kit is about the size of a 360, not the console
- Close sources say itā€™s as if Nintendo is in ā€œdamage controlā€ with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.
- Nintendo went to many 3rd party developers on guidance on what they were after with the new console in terms of system specs, controller and online system.

The Controller:
- Nintendo have been keeping this really quiet and have only given developers controller prototypes to start designing games. However, the final controller build with all the features have only been given to Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers for now.
- Nintendo had planned on inserting a screen on the controller back when the Gamecube was in development, but opted out due to technology not being advanced enough to be functional
- The controller thatā€™s been given to developers has a large 5.7inch hd (960x640pixel) screen, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons, 3 middle buttons (select/home/start in that order), 2 shoulder buttons and 2 triggers.
- The triggers arenā€™t as deep as the 360ā€™s triggers, but have plenty of push
- The big thing about the screen is that itā€™s a multi-touch screen, contains itā€™s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit
- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use
- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console
- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached
- The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isnā€™t the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii

Games:
- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasnā€™t been done since the N64.
- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.
- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendoā€™s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.
- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.
- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didnā€™t reveal anything to developers.

Other:
- Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, thatā€™s 3 years to develop games on.
- Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.
- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
- Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii
- Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network
- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their ā€œmost popularā€ titles to the console.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: June 05, 2011, 03:07:42 AM »
Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.

Anyone who's that afraid of a competitor has no business making games.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: June 05, 2011, 05:21:26 AM »
If motion/pointer control goes away completely I will cry. Superior way to play.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:31 AM »
- The big thing about the screen is that itā€™s a multi-touch screen, contains itā€™s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit
- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use
- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console
- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached
- The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isnā€™t the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii

If the screen is detachable from the controller (as I speculated a while back) and has it's own battery, it's very possible that the controller can split in two and be used for motion gaming.

Oh, and now buttons on the screen is seeming even more likely.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:04 AM »
Thats cool, but I wish they would have saved it for Cafe.
It says "Super Mario Wii 2" and they have "Wii 2" listed under Wii, so it might actually reference Cafe.

Unfortunately, it likely means nothing
http://www.facebook.com/emorii/posts/209601609078197

Place holders in the EB Games AUS Directory based on what they think will be announced.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: June 05, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »
Hot Definition confirmed by Nintendo :O :O :O

Chaud means hot in french

haute is high in french

I don't know why that just bugged me enough to post haha

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4560 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/markmacd/status/77286051869241344
Quote from: Mark McDonald
Rumor of Virtual Console "remasterings" for next Nintendo console interesting since Iwata told me of same idea for Wii in ooold EGM intervew

That might make some of these games worth the price they wish to charge for them.... maybe.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: June 05, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »

If the screen is detachable from the controller (as I speculated a while back) and has it's own battery, it's very possible that the controller can split in two and be used for motion gaming.

Isn't that called a "3DS"
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4562 on: June 05, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
The System:
- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
Sped up 360?

- The big thing about the screen is that itā€™s a multi-touch screen
Aren't Apple defending that patent with vigour?

- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.
I'm revealing at least 3 on pietriots. If I finish writing it tonight. Might have to wait for my morning.
- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didnā€™t reveal anything to developers.

- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
Confirming it now: It's Facebook.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: June 05, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »

Isn't that called a "3DS"

Uhh... No. One screen vs. two. 3D vs 2D. Separating screen. Wiimote and Nunchuck vs. Single clamshell unit.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Project Cafe to be called... Nintendo?
« Reply #4564 on: June 05, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
Could Nintendo's next console just simply be called NINTENDO?
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/06/05/final-nintendo-hd-name-debate-continues.aspx
Of course, it's unlikely we'll know for sure until Tuesday morning's Nintendo press briefing. Even so, new variations are still emerging on the name even this late in the process. The most recent reports Game Informer is hearing, just two days before the show? It's possible the final name will be just a single word that everyone is already familiar with.

Nintendo.

It would be great if they see success like they did with both the Wii & DS to have everyone just simply referring to gaming as Nintendo. It would be just like back in the days of NES and SNES when lots of people just associated gaming with the word Nintendo regardless of what system you were actually playing.

One kid could turn on Sonic and start playing it an adult could come in the room and and comment on how that Nintendo game looks like fun. Of course us knowledgeable types would always correct them, but it would happen all the time. Nintendo was synonymous with Gaming and Nintendo trying to recapture that by naming Project CafƩ simply Nintendo could be a call to all the lost gamers over the years to remember...

Don't underestimate the power of Nostalgia, and Nintendo has been tapping into it for years with the Virtual Console and games like New Super Mario Bros. for both Wii & DS.

I am fully onboard with the new system having the name Nintendo.

But I also wouldn't mind the name Stream, Striim, xStream or something like that. Just not Current. Current sound so like it's not thought out so well even if it describes some function of the new system. Could you imagine Mario Kart Current or StarFox Current? neither can I.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:21:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: June 05, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »
And Striim doesn't?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: June 05, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »
Stream/Striim sounds fine.

The spelling looks weird, but the way it sounds and flows with the naming of games sounds much better than Current. The spelling would just be to relate it to Wii in some way and easy trademarking. adding a small x in front of it for game naming makes everything sound EXTREME though, and that is already better than Current.

Mario Kart xStriim, 1080 xStriim, xStriim Sports
The marketing is too easy though and would likely get abused, but still sounds better than Current.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: June 05, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
Calling it just Nintendo would make things pretty confusing, given that they have other products. Unlike with the Wii, the Nintendo brand is a prominent part of the DS and 3DS names. Also, to an uninformed person, Nintendo 3DS could sound like an enhanced version of just Nintendo. Not to mention the problems it could cause for us game journalists in laying out web sites, having to distinguish between Nintendo the company and Nintendo the console.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Nintendo Beem?
« Reply #4568 on: June 05, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »
Ok, how about something that kinda rhymes with Stream and in the context it was being used kinda means the same thing too.

Nintendo Beem

Is anybody opposed that name? Still sounds better than Current.

But "why Nintendo Beem" you might ask. And well "just have a look at this" I would say;

Could ā€˜Beemā€™ be Project CafĆ©ā€™s real name?
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-project-cafes-real-name/
Apparently, the domain beem.com was sold on January 31st for about $136,000*, most likely to a major company. Dooks1111 told me that when he tried to access the site then, he found a logo on it which looks very much like a possible logo for a gaming console, which he then sent me a screenshot of. Here it is:

The domain currently resolves to a blank page, and is under WHOIS protection, which would make sense if Nintendo is indeed trying to mask the identity of its new console.

Itā€™s interesting to note that just a couple of weeks prior, Nintendo registered the domain touchthegame.com, which strongly supports everything weā€™ve been hearing about a touchscreen-enabled controller. Now, while there is no way to find out who actually owns beem.com, the relatively close registration dates of both domains suggests that itā€™s possible they may be related.
Quote from: *
Secret Buyer

As mentioned above, Kate Wilson, Karen King and now Emily Jones all have something in common! They use the Authsome.com domain as an email address and are in whois after a domain sells. jones@authsome.com is another email used when the domain name Beem.com sold for $136,000 in January 2011. Beem.com is under privacy protection and doesnā€™t resolve currently, but it was likely purchased by a large company.

Then there is also this
Quote from: Coolio McAwseome
NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

There is also
BeemShop.com
-created on May 23, 2011

owner is set to private

may be nothing, but it's still interesting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:39:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: June 05, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »
Beem me up, Reggie!
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: June 05, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »
beem...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
Hmmmm....

May 10, 2011 - IGN
http://www.ign.com/blogs/daimyonintendo/2011/05/10/im-calling-it-now-nintendo-beem

Hmmmm.....

May 7, 2011
http://video-games.findtechnologynews.com/project-cafe-your-wii-2-designs/

There is also a Nintendo Current design at the link...
I remember seeing all these, but it didn't really stick with me since we were all so focused on the controller and it's designs.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:12:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #4572 on: June 05, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Well the Beem certainly kind of shares the same naming convention of the Wii:

- it's unusual
- hate it the first time you hear it
- sounds natural and better the more you think about it
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: June 05, 2011, 03:41:10 PM »
Hmmmm....

May 10, 2011 - IGN
http://www.ign.com/blogs/daimyonintendo/2011/05/10/im-calling-it-now-nintendo-beem

Hmmmm.....

May 7, 2011
http://video-games.findtechnologynews.com/project-cafe-your-wii-2-designs/

There is also a Nintendo Current design at the link...
I remember seeing all these, but it didn't really stick with me since we were all so focused on the controller and it's designs.

hmmmmm......

http://whois.domaintools.com/beemblog.com

Aaron Carr, creator of the Mock-up above with the name Beem
Aaron Carr, the owner of  Ghost and Horse
Ghost and Horse is the owner of NintendoBeemShop.com, NintendoBeemGames.com

Could Aaron Carr have bought the beem.com domain too and then someone bought it off of him for 136k? Or is this all some elaborate prank?

NintendoBeemStore.com & Beem.com are both registered under Private.

edit:
.... http://www.projectbeem.co.cc/?e7a26600

This guy went through a lot of trouble for all of this.

I said WOW and then proceeded to LOL
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:59:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4574 on: June 05, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
Curious how the name of the buyer of a domain name would be secret, but the price isn't.

Anyway, everyone knows the Cafe will be shaped like a coffee pot.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.