Author Topic: Mafia VI: Day 6  (Read 9545 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Mafia VI: Day 6
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »
Death was in a really bad mood.  He had misplaced the lingerie he had taken the liberty of removing from Garnee's now-rotting corpse.  So what better way for a Grim Reaper to relieve stress than to take someone's immortal soul?  BlackNMild was picking flowers to match his wallpaper at home when Death was walking by.  "Hi, neighbor!," BlackNMild said with a big grin on his face.  Death turned and scowled at BlackNMild.  "Hey, you...You smell and your dress taste is awful...And you need a haircut..."  BlackNMild's eyes began to well up with tears.  "Wh...Why would you say that? I just took a bath last week!"  Death was in a bad mood, but he still feels guilt every once in a while.  "Sorry, I'm a bit off right now.  Would you forgive me if I let you have this sandwich?"  Death pulled a sandwich from his pocket, handing it to BlackNMild.  "Oh!  Thanks so much!  I'm going to eat it right away!"  Death watched BlackNMild eat the sandwich and watched as his face turned green.  "Uh oh, I think that sandwich has been in my pocket all week," Death muttered almost to himself.  "Ah well, honest mistake!," Death guffawed as he walked off, leaving the Villager to die from food poisoning...

TYP was feeling good, considering he had helped to bring down the last member of the Crooked Cranny 'Coons.  So he had gotten drunk with a few of his buddies at the Town Hall.  He decided he had had enough to drink, and after he awkwardly excused himself, he made his way to the door.  Pryopizm caught up to him before he reached it.  "Whoa, hold...hold up, pal, I'm not gonna...*hic*...I'm not gonna let you go by yourself, you see, cause there be foxes out there!"  The two then drunkenly staggered out and back to TYP's place.  "Did you see the way that Coon died?  He was all 'AUUUGH' and we were all 'WHAT'S GOING ON?'.  Hahaha!," ,TYP drunkenly yelled as he polished off an apple and threw the core on the ground.  Pryopizm then suddenly stopped.  "Yeah, and I have a feeling that you're a fox."  Pryopizm's drunken state had been an act all along.  TYP became panicked.  "W..Wait, I'm a Villager, how could I possibly be a fo..."  Before he could finish, he was already dead.  "Hmmmph, he didn't put up much a fight.  Though I guess he was quite drunk..."  As Pryopizm walked into the night, he slipped on the apple core that TYP had tossed.  "Oh, how careless of me!,"  K.K. Slider growled, as he fell and cracked his head open on a rock.

Crazy Redd had just gotten over his chronic diarrhea, so he decided he'd go out and take out the pesky TYP.  On the way to TYP's house, he came across the bodies of both TYP and Pryopizm.  "Ugh, I was beaten to the kill!  At least K.K. did me a favor!  Wait, oh...dear...my stomach!"  Crazy Redd ran home holding his gurgling stomach and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This vote will continue until Midnight EST on MONDAY!  That way everyone can enjoy the weekend without worrying about a silly game...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia VI: Day 6
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 06:56:39 AM »
unvote Pale.

He voted for Wandering - villager
He voted for Stabby - Copper
He voted for Frozen Atlantic - Villager

I have a feeling Pale may be a villager too, but even if he is, he's hurting our cause more than he's helping it.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE: Mafia VI: Day 6
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:01:08 AM »
this is getting *very* interesting.....

unvote Infernal*

*placeholder vote, subject to change (lol, it did)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 03:42:21 AM »
I am glad to see I only missed one day by being away for the weekend.

Back to business, CHANGED..  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »
Ever notice how the people who are mafia spend the longest amount of time explaining their votes?

Vote: Khushrenada
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
No. But then, this is the first game I've played.

The reason why I explain my votes is to show that there is an actual reason to vote with me. I'm not just choosing someone and then making something up about them, like how people say a person votes and flees. How do they now what that person is doing? I may not have been right about everything but I've voted the best way I can with the evidence I have available.

Frankly, I don't have any real evidence against you Pale and I'm not saying that you are mafia but there are just some things you've done that bother me. You have to admit your voting record is pretty poor. But also, what bothers me the most, is how many people have posted that your behavior is suspicious. Many have claimed that you are mafia because of it. Your arguement is that your behavior is different because your role is different.

To me, that's a poor reason. If someone always keeps their behavior the same then they're always going to be suspected of doing something underhanded. But if they keep changing their behavior, they're less likely to be suspected. People may think that it is suspicious but because it isn't the same behavior as last time, it's a bit less threatening. Plus, changing your behaviour always keeps people guessing what one's identity is.

I know I may again be seen as over explaining my reasoning but that's the way I am. Plus, I feel you should at least know the whole reason why I'm voting for you. As I've said, I think you may be a villager but my doubts about you have grown a lot lately.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »

I have a feeling Pale may be a villager too, but even if he is, he's hurting our cause more than he's helping it.
This is the wrong attitude to have, instead of voting out townies, let's try and weed out the last of the mafia.

VOTE Khushrenada

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
The reason why I explain my votes is to show that there is an actual reason to vote with me. I'm not just choosing someone and then making something up about them, like how people say a person votes and flees. How do they now what that person is doing?
we don't, but you can't deny that posting just to vote ISN'T suspicious, as it gives the idea that that person is trying to pass under the radar (giving the scope of this game it IS possible, as evidenced by the fact that noone noticed that Gamee didn't vote for two straight days) and vote in order not to die

on side note, I don't think that Pale is mafia, but something tells me he might be Death....
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 05:14:56 PM »
Khush, reading your posts, I am confident that you will turn out to be mafia...

Also, because I know my role, I am confident I will turn out to be townie.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »
Pale, it's your choice. I'd like to know your reasoning especially since everyone you're voting for is a villager.

Dasmos, I agree that we should be hunting the mafia or Death instead of villagers but as I tried to explain, I've just come to feel that Pale is my best choice. I just don't have any suspicions against anyone else right now. If you have an idea for who is mafia, tell me. I've changed my mind before.

EDIT: I've fallen for the Pale trap. I was looking back through the old threads and I noticed that when Pale votes against someone that person starts to go on the defensive which causes other people to vote against him. Look at what happened to Stabby. I should have said nothing. Still, I have two quick asides to make.

First.

Athrun - Most people who are mafia always make a quick excuse for who they are voting for. For instance, Unclebob's vote against Blackfootsteps:
"I'm going to vote for the first person on Bill's list who hasn't yet posted *and* hasn't had any votes his/her way yet."

Deguello's vote for Hybrid Hunter: At the same time I will vote Hybrid Hunter, because I recently discovered that he sickens me. I'VE SEEN YOU WALKING AROUND TOWN! WITH THIS BEAR!"

Just some quick examples I've noticed.

And then there's this one: "Ever notice how the people who are mafia spend the longest amount of time explaining their votes?"

Funny how none of these mafia members spent a long time explaining their vote.

Second.

If you look through Day 3, you'll notice Pale gives a lengthy explanation as to why he's voting the way he is. Ever notice how the people who are mafia spend the longest amount of time explaining their votes?  

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 06:07:21 PM »
maybe you haven't read this thoroughly?

oh, and VOTE CRIMM
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »
Ok Dasmos, if you want to vote out the mafia and you think Crimm is one of the mafia, then I'll join you and VOTE CRIMM.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »
There are 8 people left.
There are 5 named rolls left.

The townies are only 1 larger then the members of Red's gang.  They could try to take people out one by one, as they currently constitute the second largest block.  However, that puts them at serious risk of being the ones that find the bomber's apprentice.

Death could just take out 2 people and see where that leaves us, but he too runs the substantial risk of killing the bomber's apprentice.

That said, Red's remaining members have the distinct advantage of knowing who is with them.  This gives them a leg up on the townies.

I doubt Athrun Zala is the apprentice since he voted for Cube.  I know I'm not the apprentice, so that leaves these people that never had an exchange with him and are still in.

Crash
Dasmos
Infernal Monkey
KnowsNothing
Khushrenada
Pale

So, I suspect Pale is the apprentice.  I say that because Mario vouched for his innocence.  He would want the apprentice to outlive him.

So, since I'm pretty much out of ideas I'm going to say vote Crash because he seems to be rather quiet the past few rounds.  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 09:49:45 AM »
I would be crazy to refute you Crimm.
---------------------

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »
That's a weird thing to say, Pale.  The BA wouldn't want people thinking he's the BA, because then no one would vote for him.  Since the only purpose of the BA'a doomed existence is to kill, he would want to get people to vote for him.  So when Crimm says Pale = BA, why does Pale agree?

Because he's NOT the BA.  He just wants people to think that so he doens't get voted for.  He totally had me fooled until that last comment- Pale is totally mafia, acting under the guise of BA to survive.  Vote Pale
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
It's because I'm trying to tell everyone I am in fact a townie...

The funny thing about being a townie is, you know that whoever votes for you is a potential mafia member, as they would never vote for one of their own.

KN can go later, but I think Khush should go now.
---------------------

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »
You're doing a great job of convincing everyone you're a townie by agreeing with the person who accused you of being the BA...
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 04:42:05 PM »
/sigh

I don't want them to think i'm Bomber's Apprentice, but at the same time I'm pointing out that saying I wasn't would be stupid...oh nevermind.
---------------------

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 04:44:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
I am glad to see I only missed one day by being away for the weekend.

Back to business, VOTE Crimm..

Originally posted by: Dasmos
This is the wrong attitude to have, instead of voting out townies, let's try and weed out the last of the mafia.

VOTE Khushrenada

Hahaha, what's going on here?  Trying to make things confusing, I see...

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »
fix'd

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »
Times up...There's a tie between Crimm and Khush, so I'll give Mint till morning to decide who will die...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »
Hey c'mon. Crash didn't get to vote. If he doesn't vote, he dies. I'm sure Crash would like to vote Crimm.  (Sorry Crimm)

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »
If Crimm ends up being innocent, Khush is mafia.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
How does this make me mafia? I voted for one person and suddenly I'm mafia. I vote for another person and I'm mafia if I'm wrong. What about the times Pale voted for somebody and they were innocent? Shouldn't he be mafia? You voted for Crimm many times. If Crimm is innocent, shouldn't you be mafia too? I just don't get this double standard that's happening. If I do something, it's wrong. If someone else does the same thing, it's right. Mayb no one noticed how I worked hard to always vote the best I could for mafia. I was even right with Blackfootsteps. I helped kill a mafia member. Only Death and Cube have a better success at finding mafia than me. I just don't know how to put it any more clearer. I'm not mafia.

Offline [CrAsH]SlAyA

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 02:50:08 AM »
I didn't vote yesterday because I didn't get home from work until earliy this morning..  Ended up working a double
Knew I should have voted over the weekend.