Author Topic: Good News Everyone!  (Read 49727 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Everyone!
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:01 AM »
I can't believe it took me this long to get around to watching these new episodes. I didn't want to watch them before watching the final DVD movie, and I kept putting that off.

I've watched the first 6 so far, and they've been up and down. None of them were bad, but most weren't up to Futurama standards, at least not the whole way through, though the last one I watched, where Bender had to come to terms with his own mortality, was great.

There have been some really great lines in all of them, though. One in particular I intend to use in my everyday life: I don't remember the exact context, but Leela said something about Amy, who said it was stupid, and Bender replied with "The truth is often stupid."
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »
The other night they had a holiday themed anthology episode called "The Futurama Holiday Spectacular", including Coolio reprising his role as Kwanzabot and Al Gore as his head in a jar. It was a good special, and I hope the next season is longer than this years short season.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »
Bad News, everyone.

Futurama Cancelled.

:(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »
The producers are not giving up though, they said they will continue looking for a new home for it. And they joked that this is the 3rd time they have accepted the end of it (1st time after Fox canceled it, 2nd time after they finished making the 4 movies and thought that was it). Stupid Comedy Central had to spoil how it ends though when they announced the cancellation: The series finale will focus on Fry and Leela's wedding.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:27 AM »
Aw, man! I was loving the new episodes! I guess I can just be glad that they're giving it an ending (unlike Married with Children).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:53 AM »
Futurama on Netflix! Do it, world. Do it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2013, 03:44:09 AM »
I'm happy with how short the seasons are. 13 is a nice number which means i always want more.

If i never get another season i will be satisfied with the series as a whole.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
I'm happy with how short the seasons are. 13 is a nice number which means i always want more.

TECHNICALLY only the first season was 13 episodes. Comedy Central aired 2 seasons of 26 episodes each, splitting up each season over 2 years (i.e. the first 13 episodes of season 7 aired in 2012, the final 13 airs this year). I don't know why they consider them the same season (it's like how season 6 aired 13 episodes in 2010 and 13 in 2011).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »
I know they were produced in batches of 26 but i still consider each season to be 13. That length is just right.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »
That's fine, I was just pointing out that only one Futurama season is actually 13 episodes.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
Futurama on Netflix! Do it, world. Do it.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70