Author Topic: Mafia VI: Day 4  (Read 16554 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Mafia VI: Day 4
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »
Just a few nights ago it was revealed that Sable was not of this Earth, so Tom Nook wanted her former workplace looked over just in case.  Deguello and UncleBob had been ordered to check out the Able Sisters shop to see if there was anything suspicious.  Deguello motioned for UncleBob to stay put and he made his way in.  Inside, he saw someone using a sewing machine in the corner of the room.  What was odd, though, was that the figure was wearing a dark cloak.  "Hello, how can I help you?," Mable's voice called from behind the hood.  Deguello sighed a breath of relief.  "Uh, I'm just browsing, thanks."  He looked around for a few minutes and the silence was yet again broken.  "Deguello, can I ask you a question?"  "Uh, okay."  Deguello suddenly felt very cold.  Instead of Mable's soft voice came one as cold as ice.  "How did you like my Mable impression?"  Fear began to well up inside Deguello.  "It wasn't very nice of you 'Coons to "kill" my friend the other day...I think I'll pay back the favor..."  Deguello began to run for the door, but he tripped, causing him to fly onto a table where an automatic sewing machine sat.  "Oh dear, did I forget to turn that off?," Death inquired, as the sewing machine stiched into the Coon Henchman's face...He'd be found dead the next morning with the words "VOTE DEGUELLO" stiched into his face with pink thread...

UncleBob was feeling uneasy.  He had  he heard Deguello's painful screams from the Able Sisters shop and had been too scared to check on what happened.  He had to get back to base and report to Tom Nook right away.  He could see Nook's Cranny just over the horizon, its glowing lights like a halo to the frightened UncleBob.  However, he noticed a dark figure on the path ahead.  "Going somewhere, 'Coon?"  UncleBob could just barely make out that the figure was carrying a large object of some type.  The figure then slowly walked forward.  "W...Who are you?," UncleBob whimpered.  The figure didn't say anything.  "S...Stop or I'll shoot!," UncleBob shouted in an increasingly sporadic manner.  The figure didn't waver at all and finally spoke up.  "I...am justice..."  UncleBob gathered the remaining courage he had.  "Hey, isn't that a bit cliche?"  In the moonlight, K.K. Slider dashed forward and ended the Coon Henchman's life by smashing him over the head with his guitar...

After setting up Deguello's demise as a freak accident, Death quickly left to take care of his other duties.  He checked his notebook and found the name Garnee.  "Ahhh, I haven't even seen this chap around.  I think I'll go check his house."  When Death came to the front door of Garnee's, he went right through the solid door.  Or that's what Death was expecting, but he instead bumped his big mole nose.  "Owwww, stupid physical body!"  After digging into the main room, he found it empty.  On the second floor he was met with a gruesome sight.  The fact that Garnee was found dead drowned in his own bathtub wasn't it.  It was the fact that Garnee was wearing womens' lingerie while holding pictures of himself.  Apparently he had been dancing in the full bathtub, lost his balance, cracked his head on the bathroom wall, and was left to drown in his self-indulgence..."But I can't let this lingerie just go to waste," Death giggled. He disappeared into the night, leaving the naked Villager's corpse behind...

wandering had just gotten home from Stabby's "execution" when he noticed the flag up on his mailbox.  "Oh boy, a letter!," he thought, "who could it be from?"  He pulled out a letter and his eyes went bright with happiness.  It was a letter from Bunnie!  Dear wandering, I've got a special something for you, so come by my house after midnight."  wandering couldn't believe what he was reading.  He had a major crush on Bunnie, so he anxiously awaited their meeting time.  When he arrived, he knocked on the door.  There was no answer.  He tried again.  Once again, no answer.  He tried the doorknob, and found it open, so he entered the house.  "Bunnie, are you there?"  A figure snuck up behind him and grabbed his shoulder.  "Aiiiiie!," shrieked wandering, as he turned to see...Bunnie.  "Oh, Bunnie, you scared me!"  Her body then crumpled to the floor in a heap.  "Aiiiiiiiiiiiie!," wandering shrieked again.  "Are you a fox, too?"  wandering looked up to see the psychotic eyes of Tom Nook himself.  "Wh..What? I'm a Villager!," wandering stammered.  "You're a fox, I KNOW IT!," Tom Nook yelled, "You're a fox and you tipped off the village about my subordinates!  THERE'S NO OTHER WAY TWO OF THEM COULD DIE IN ONE NIGHT!"  Tom Nook pounced on wandering and started pulling at his hair.  "Where are your ears!?  I know they are here!  Where are they!?"  wandering, paralyzed with fear, died of shock.  Tom Nook, teetering into the realm of insanity, stumbled into the night muttering "They are all foxes...I'll kill them all...KILL THEM ALL!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this usually this waits until morning, but I had all the stories done!  I'm so impatient...    

VOTE ENDS AT MIDNIGHT EST, but I won't be online at that time...So you'll have to wait for the death stories until tomorrow!  Sorry!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Mafia VI: Day 4
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »
Haha oh man....

The two people on the top of my suspicion list were both townies...

Can't wait to see how many votes I get today.  I'll figure out who I'm voting for in the morning.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia VI: Day 4
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »
Death is awesome. I was right. Garnee was a villager. I can't believe Wandering was a villager as well. I'm voting for TYP. I can't give a reason at the moment but I'm really thinking he's mafia. Of course, I'm not really going to try to sway people because no matter how hard I try, no seems to want to listen. Still, I can only hope that everyone else unvote TYP.

Thanks for posting early Bill. Now, I can go to sleep knowing I'm still alive.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Pale
Haha oh man....

The two people on the top of my suspicion list were both townies...

Can't wait to see how many votes I get today.  I'll figure out who I'm voting for in the morning.

You leave us two choices;
1) Vote for Pale
2) Vote against Pale

you gut instincts are not helping you this game, or are they?

Khush: You should stick by your guns, you just might be onto something.

I'm not sure where all the Stabby hate came from(I'm too lazy to go back and look), but if I could have accessed the internet sooner there would have been no tie

VOTE Blackfootsteps

p.s. Death is the MotherF'n MAN!!! 3 for 3, do you think you could pick me a few lotto #'s while the streak is HOT!!?  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 08:43:13 PM »
(edit)un(edit)-VOTE PRYOPIZM cause it's obvious

Also why on earth did you guys vote out Stabby? That;s the dumbest thing i've ever seen, there were people with actual valid suspicions against them, and Stabby gets voted out? There is no logic.

By the way, vudu has to be mafia now too. His hint has come half true, that UncleBob cracks him up. Come on guys, let's vote for a real mafia guy here. I'll change my vote to Vudu if people agree. Someone help figure things out. Oh yeah, vudu also voted for Stabby, he's going down. EDIT AGAIN: Ok he didn't vote for stabby, but he took his vote for blackfootsteps off very late, still suspicious.

Vote VUDU

If vudu turns out mafia, it's obvious blackfootsteps will be too. We could be on to a good thing here!  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 10:53:56 PM »
VOTE Crimm
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 01:40:33 AM »
Sorry, drunk double post.

I've voted for two people the whole time, Vudu & Blackfootsteps. Does that mean anything? When one of them finally dies, I guess we'll find out.... Oh you want to know reasoning? Well.... I'm still too drunk to start reasoning, so maybe later.

edit 2: did I just repeat what I posted in the post below?
I really gotta stop posting drunk around here

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 01:50:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
(edit)un(edit)-VOTE PRYOPIZM cause it's obvious

Also why on earth did you guys vote out Stabby? That;s the dumbest thing i've ever seen, there were people with actual valid suspicions against them, and Stabby gets voted out? There is no logic.

By the way, vudu has to be mafia now too. His hint has come half true, that UncleBob cracks him up. Come on guys, let's vote for a real mafia guy here. I'll change my vote to Vudu if people agree. Someone help figure things out. Oh yeah, vudu also voted for Stabby, he's going down. EDIT AGAIN: Ok he didn't vote for stabby, but he took his vote for blackfootsteps off very late, still suspicious.

Vote VUDU

If vudu turns out mafia, it's obvious blackfootsteps will be too. We could be on to a good thing here!
I've only voted for two people as far as I remember, Vudu & BFS, If either of them(or both) turn out to be mafia then I know/think I'm onto something.

if you don't believe me, then believe the next conspiracy theory that comes up
I really shouldn't post drunk any more

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 03:21:38 AM »
Don't worry about it, Pale; I'm in the same boat you are.  

I'd like to say that the only reason I changed my vote last night was because there were enough votes against someone else to ensure I didn't die (if you recall, I had three votes against myself when I placed my original vote for BFS).  Once it was a sure thing that I wasn't going to be voted off, I changed my vote to make sure we didn't accidentally target Cube.  In my eyes, Stabby and BFS looked equally suspicious, and therefore I was pretty indifferent to which one got voted off.  I wasn't about to put myself at risk to ensure one got chosen over the other.

I'd also like to point out that I've voted for Deg twice now, who--as we all know--turned out to be mafia.  I had thought he was Death since stevey died; turns out I was wrong.  But I was right that he wasn't playing for the good guys.

Mario has been rather aloof in this game--much like he was last game (when he was Mafia.  (Perhaps it's just because he's halfway around the world and up at different times than we are.)  Regardless, I think he may be mafia.  VOTE MARIO

Also, for what it's worth, I have another random guess--I think Pryo may be the Bomber's Apprentice.  I have nothing to back that up other than this--if I were Cube, I would choose Pryo to be my Apprentice just because I'd want to make sure that the man who runs 67% of the mafia games had a good role when it was his turn to play.  I know that's not very solid, but I just wanted to point out that (if I'm right) it would be much safer to get rid of him now than after Cube dies.

Also, I have a question for Bill:  Can Cube/Bomb's Apprentice win the game as townies, or do they have to die in order for the townies to win?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 04:08:33 AM »
Well, this is gonna come out of nowhere, but I'm sticking to my system!

--changing my vote--
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 04:10:07 AM »
As a side note, it is now half-half townies vs. bad people.... how do you think this will turn out? =P
---------------------

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 05:14:41 AM »
"Also, I have a question for Bill: Can Cube/Bomb's Apprentice win the game as townies, or do they have to die in order for the townies to win?"

They have to die, so you better hope the Mafia take them out first...

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »
After my awful mistake, yesterday, I'm following Khush, Un-Vote TYP
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 06:02:17 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence Pryo, but I think I'm making a mistake with TYP. I wasn't going to vote for Pale because I felt sorry for him. I knew that if Blackfootsteps wasn't mafia, I'd be looking pretty suspicious. But then I realized Stabby was Copper and maybe knew something we didn't.

I also like Mario's reasoning on Vudu so I'm not sure which one of these two to vote for but I think TYP is innocent. At least for know. So I'm going to think about it and make up my mind after work. See you later.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »
whoa, so many deaths in one night O_O

so, thus far, the people I voted were/are the ones I'm suspicious about
Mario - acting weird, high possibility
vudu - not acting weird, but I have some doubts, average possibility
UncleBob - had a pretty big slipup in his first post, and he was mafia!

I don't suspect anyone else at this point.....well, not with "some" evidence XD

in any case, I was right about Bob
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 08:18:54 AM »
Also, I am going to a show tonight so I won't be on for most the evening...  Please refrain from any of those "Oh pale is hiding and being quiet now!  suspicious!" comments...
---------------------

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 08:21:47 AM »
OMG Pale is hiding and being quiet now! Suuuspiciooooous!!!

VOTE PALE

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 08:37:50 AM »
Pale was the play yesterday. He is still probably mafia, but I think Vudu is the most obvious lynch right now.
smash brothers : 5069-3792-8710

wii: 2034-1057-8595-3928

if you send me a PM, I'll add you more quickly

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:49 AM »
I'm not sure quite who killed whom last night, but yey.  I'd vote for either Vudu or Blackfootsteps.  Looks like Vudu already has more votes, so I'll vote Vudu for now.

Nice photoshopping, UncleBob.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 09:05:24 AM »
Guys, you really should believe me when I say I'm innocent; I'm a simple townie--nothing more.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »
Something always amazes me about this game and everyone is victim of it.  They want to see people acting one way and supposedly giving something away.  Because of this, they find strange ways to rationalize it.

I am acting completely different from last game, being very forward and voting for people as first vote...  I was mafia last game... yet people say I'm acting like Mafia this game.

And intersting fact right now is that half of us are bad, and half of us are good.  There are a hell of a lot of mafia members just lying through their teeth.  I think Frozen Atlantic is one of them.

Vote: Frozen Atlantic
---------------------

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.

~Bertrand Russell

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »
If if makes you feel any better Pale, I know you're not mob.  (At least I think I do.)  But that doesn't mean I completely trust you.  I still think you may be Death/Cube.

However, I am willing to bet that Mario's mafia.  TYP might be, too, although I think it more likely he's Death.

EDIT:  After re-reading the posts, I'm pretty sure Pryo and Khush are in the same mob.  Khush has never played the game before, but Pryo seems to be following his every move.  That in itself is fishy.  Plus, his After my awful mistake, yesterday, I'm following Khush, Vote TYP seems a little over the top--I think he's compensating.

Also, KnowsNothing is strangely absent this round, no?  That's not like him ....

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 10:31:18 AM »
Ahahah, that's kind of strange you say that now, when I get back.  I've been moving office supplies around since 8:30 this morning :P  Just got back. I'm not surw who I'm goign to vote for though.  Mario seems likely, as does Blacknmild.  I'm still suspicious of YOU vudu, but not as much anymore.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »
Eh, what the heck? VOTE MARIO
Can't let myself die because of not voting.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.