Author Topic: Mafia V: Day Nine  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia V: Day Nine
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:48:33 AM »
Again, the story is withheld until the game finishes.  The Confederacy chose to not kill anyone last night.

Vote Now, TYP is Protected  
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia V: Day Nine
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:53:53 AM »
lol, chose not to kill?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Mafia V: Day Nine
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 05:12:18 AM »
Pale walked out to the middle of the street, both hands outstretched...

The last two remaining Townies of the super group, TYP and Crash, are still sitting behind their fancy protection.  They spent the entire game never worried about being killed, yet they didn't care if they killed off almost every single townie in the game.  Do they deserve to sit there victorious?  I think not.

I urge my good friends J (Dasmos) and Stabby (the last remaining citizen) to join me and win this for the Confederates, the Sonyfornians, and the X-Team that never materialized.

VOTE CRASH

When the veil drops, TYP will die, and we can celebrate.

=P

PS: The only reason Crash survived the first night was that he is friends with Pryo.  Seriously, I made the decision to base the first hit on post counts.  Crash obviously had the fewest, but then I thought...  Pryo talked him into playing with us, I can't just kill him on the first night...  So I went with the second lowest post count, Garnee.  Biggest mistake of the game.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 05:21:33 AM »
How 'bout 'no'?

VOTE PALE
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 06:03:46 AM »
I see now why you didn't hit anyone.  

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 06:44:32 AM »
OK townies.  There is only one reason the mob would call off a hit: in hopes of convincing a townie to vote for Crash.  Now, recent voting patterns lead me to suspect the excellently sly Pale.  He also knows I am out of town this weekend, which could give him further reason to draw this game out in hopes of my neglecting it.

HOWEVER, even if I am wrong townies will win irregardless of who we vote for, as long as we do not kill Crash, the Deputy For those who somehow have not caught on, I am "casting heal" on him, and he is "casting heal" on me.  That's two invincible townies against one mobster…unless you vote for Crash.

So, for lack of a better target, I am Voting Pale.  If he actually is a townie, I hope he understands and takes one for the team—voting for himself if he must to keep Crash alive.  If Crash dies, I call a "misdeal" because a townie and/or a former X-Team member are clearly voting against their own roles.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 06:54:11 AM »
TYP, did you not read where Pale admitted to being a mob boss?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 06:54:45 AM »
TYP, I'm not trying to do anything underhanded like wait until you leave.  I understand that today should be the last day of the game.  See my above post.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »
No I did not read Pale's post, I had to leave ASAP and just jumped in and out.

I think that is foolish logic.  If the townies win, the townies win.  So we didn't kill 18 Days. If we had been WRONG, then townies would not win.  We tried to kill 18 Days by vote before and YOU TOWNIES WOULDN'T LET US.  More accurately, DASMOS, who we knew was a friend and had made contact with, didn't vote with us.

Don't succumb to Pale's statements just because we never decided to kill.  Is there anything wrong with a safe, slow but sure victory?!
Nintendo World Report

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »
...ack, I think I've taken this game too seriously.  
Nintendo World Report

Offline [CrAsH]SlAyA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:56:42 PM »
Vote Pale for the most obvious of reasons.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »
This game is over, I'm writing up the narrative now.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 05:44:12 PM »
Ty, Crash, and TYP believed that they had it all spelled out.  Zach had to have been the leader of the Confederacy of the Wii.  

Early on Ty, the Emissary, was able to sniff out the right man to help him.  Through a thorough investigation, he hunted down TYP’s underground band of Citizens called the Defenders of the Keep.  TYP was the leader with Crimm and Mystic Gohan his faithful compadres.  Sadly, their deaths came swiftly.  But, they did not die in vain.

They succeeded where others had failed.  With their great voting power and skills at persuasion they were able to weed out the Sonyfornians and the Confederacy (with a little help from the warring governments.  

But, as it is said, absolute power corrupts absolutely.  They destroyed the lives of Ice Cold and, more recently, Zach—both innocent men guilty only of speaking their minds.  They believed more in their newfound cause to destroy the warring factions than they believed in protecting the townspeople and became victims of their own lust for power.

This was made clear when Ty died a grisly death at the hands of 18 Days.  Shortly after Zach was voted and his brains were ingrained in the antechamber furniture, 18 Days followed Ty home.  

“I forgot to thank you for your assistance, Ty.”  18 Days said as Ty was enshrouded in the darkness of the trees surrounding his suburban home.  Ty turned to see 18 Days wearing read overalls, a blue shirt, and white gloves.  

18 Days then leaped into the air with a loud, “Wahoo!” and landed on Ty’s head with his butt.  He then ate up a white flower which caused his overalls to turn white and his shirt red.  It was a horrible site for Stabby to behold, seeing a broken man pummeled with fireballs.  But, Stabby didn’t move to save him, completely frozen in fear.

Yes, Stabby had witnessed it, and ran to inform the Alliance, now comprised of only TYP and Crash.  

TYP and Crash seemed cold and distant.  They calculated their chances of how they’d kill off 18 Days and whoever MOTO was.

It was then that 18 Days made a fatal mistake.  After trying to cover for his boss by voting for him, he then started getting cocky, insinuating that Pale was sided with him.  In a fortunate turn of events, 18 Days and Pale did not vote together, and 18 Days lost the vote.  There was no sign of retribution when TYP killed him, the execution seemed more like a business transaction.

Stabby was afraid.  He knew he had to get away.  But he also knew that with Pale at the helm of MOTO things could potentially become worse.  In one final vote, they destroyed the Wii Empire.

As for Pale’s fate:

TYP and Crash took the reigns of what was once Vijagayms and turned it into a police state—a country where safety was more important than any of the Citizen’s rights.  Fascism some say, but there was no turning back.  In the eyes of the Citizens, they were heroes.

Their first act was to execute Dasmos.  His crime:  1st degree Douchebaggery.  He was killed by a new weapon that was developed called the Needler.  It took about 2000 shots over a period of 72 hours, but eventually, Dasmos died, painfully.

Stabby, however ran.  His days haunted by the memories of the horrors he witnessed and during the nights he would live through them again.  He found refuge with the old farmer until one day he woke to find the old man with his throat slit.  In horror he ran to leave the house only to run into a waist high cardboard Fed Ex Box.  

In a moment of pure horror and revulsion, Stabby turned away from the contents of the box.  In it was the chopped remains of his old friend, kirby_killer_dedede, stuffed in a Hefty Bag.  Along with it, a mushroom with “1Up” printed on it and a note attached:  Compliments of Ty.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
RE:Mafia V: Endgame (It's Over!) It's a free-for-all Postathon!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

Their first act was to execute Dasmos. His crime: 1st degree Douchebaggery. He was killed by a new weapon that was developed called the Needler. It took about 2000 shots over a period of 72 hours, but eventually, Dasmos died, painfully.
What? ;____;

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:51:40 PM »
Hrrrm

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
Aw yeah, gamewinning move on day 1

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia V: Endgame (It's Over!) It's a free-for-all Postathon!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
I was Kurt.

Olioliolioliolio.
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »
Hey guys, do you think, maybe, possibly, perhaps I could not be the first one to die for no reason at all next round?

Maybe?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 07:26:36 PM »
Heh, I guess I was right when I guessed Crash was mafia. Although I did so for all the wrong reasons :P
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 08:13:11 PM »
I must compliment my teamate Pale. Throughout the game I kept thinging he was an enornmas idiot, continually making irrational choices of players to take out, changing his mind every 5 minutes and not taking SUPER out earlier (say day 2), despite my pleas.

But the man was a master of disguise and managed to keep his identy a total secret for the majority of the game, even daring to contact and persuede Ty, who had no idea. I thought he did an excellent job of deceit and deserves full credit in getting as far as he did.

Oh and this story, is someone getting unbanned? not that I'm really interested in the consequence of this or anything...
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 09:05:17 PM »
Hey, I lasted right up to the end before I died, not bad for my first try.  I have to admit, I fell for some trickery, and by the time I realized what was going on (the night before I died) it was too late.  But heck, now Ive learned some very valuable lessons for the next time I play, so if I turn out to be mafia, you people better watch out.  Speaking of which, I heard bill was going to host Mafia VI, when is that gonna happen?

Edit, nevermind, I found it.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 06:15:08 PM »
I LIVED!!1!

I mean, come on! Who saw that one coming? ME, the over-agressive and blindly loyal townie with no real deducing skills, survived! How many times did I barely avoid death? I LIVED!!1!

Anyway, anyone else kinda want to go back to the original Mafia style? You know, a return to Louieville with the same rolls. This one was fun, but too random.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 07:18:47 PM »
Yeah, since Zach had NEVER once suspected 18 Days we really thought he was the boss.
Nintendo World Report