Author Topic: Welcome to the Month of the Nintendo Fan!  (Read 6113 times)

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Month of the Nintendo Fan!
« on: March 01, 2003, 04:41:43 PM »
It’s March, and since it’s our birthday this month, we’re declaring March, “The Month of the Nintendo Fan!”  Won’t you celebrate with us?

Since Planet GameCube turns 4 years old on March 7th, we’re officially declaring March, "The Month of the Nintendo Fan."  We figure if countries can have holidays like Boxing Day, Secretaries Day, and the like, why can’t our people get their day…or month.  

Planet GameCube wishes to not offend any boxers or secretaries by doing so, but we feel that since Nintendo has the greatest fans in the world, they deserve a whole month. Forget this one measly day crap.  We’re taking the entire month to celebrate. Werd.

We’ve got some really great things planned this month, and an absolutely killer contest which will be announced on our birthday, LIVE from the 2003 Game Developers Conference on March 7th.  You thought our prizes were good before? You just wait!  I’d let you know now…but we’re not quite ready to unveil everything.  ;)

So with all that said, on behalf of the World’s Largest Free Nintendo Fansite...Website...whatever the hell you wanna call us, we’d like to welcome you to The Month of the Nintendo Fan!

Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 05:01:48 PM »
Happy Birthday PGC!
Grr! Well, at least the wait isn't that long....

But what can this 'mystery prize' be...you're not gonna take people to e3, that's too obvious...hmm...let the speculation begin.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline GaimeGuy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 05:22:52 PM »
EVERY NINTENDO SYSTEM AND EVERY LEGAL GAME MADE FOR EVERY NINTENDO SYSTEM!  

.. .hey  PGC's birthday is 3 days before Mine!  *gives a birthday cake to PGC and himself*

Offline mudskip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 05:32:14 PM »
SpeQulation? Yes, let it begin.  What Qould it be?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 05:34:54 PM »
Hehe...  Me likes the sound of this.  Happy birthday PGC.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline sycomonkey

• View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 05:43:27 PM »
Heh.  What's wrong with the illegal ones?  the unlicensed NES Tetris by Temco was better than Nintendo's version.  Well, except for the music.

Crap.  Now I've got the tetris music stuck in my head.
I find the lack of sig images annoying. I have this nice image I use as my sig in all my other forums and I can't use it here.  So instead I'll just complain...

The universe will not be altered by forum threads, even those which are very wry. --Tycho Brahe (Penny Arcade)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2003, 06:28:43 PM »
Heh.  I suppose I could code a GBA Tetris for the lucky winner...  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 06:43:03 PM »
Wow. PGC's birthday! Didn't think I'd be around here for this, but I'm glad I am! Happy birthday PGC!
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 08:04:40 PM »
Four years.... Has it really been that long. Were did the time go. Well, happy forth..... I will be around.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline SPhil64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 02:46:24 AM »
What luck!  It's my birthday too this month!  Well, not for another 29 days but still...  Happy Birthday PGC!
Maybe throughout the course of the game you somehow acquire one of the Goldeneye satellites. And maybe you somehow control it with your golden eye. -me

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 03:44:03 AM »
Hmmm....looks like one lucky person and/or a parent/guardian is going to be able to experience the awesomeness that is E3!  w00t!  I hope I win!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 09:05:41 AM »
Early congratulations to PGC are in order. ^_^ Four years, and achieving such popularity...

Hm... I do wonder about that contest...

Offline Loudergood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 02:57:04 PM »
Now I just have to say *sniff* You've come so far *sniff* and  offer up these PlanetN2k and Teh eVal Flahs Returnz!!11! . Unfortunately this didnt pick up OPN2k well at all. Happy birthday from a guy who lurked the original forums, now those were a mess hehe. Good job guys.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 03:20:08 PM »
". .hey PGC's birthday is 3 days before Mine!"

And only 4 days after mine! What a great month March is.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 03:52:01 PM »
 I have to say thanks for what you people do for us. Whereas other sites (That shall remain nameless) charge for news, media and only alloting you to see so many pics before you  have "excedded your daily download", You people have not twisted people's arm for cash.

Instead the news, screens and movies are available for ALL who wish to see it, not just for "previliaged" folked. Thanks for your dedication and hard work, "Keep on Truckin'" as they Say.

P.S Is Louie going to get a Silver litterbox in honor of 4 years? Just curious....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2003, 07:44:52 AM »
Thanks PGC! You guys rock hard.   Let the festivities begin
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2003, 10:07:48 AM »
"But what can this 'mystery prize' be...you're not gonna take people to e3, that's too obvious"

That would be cool but I wonder if it's even feasible.  E3 isn't just an "invite your friends" kind of thing.  Wouldn't PGC have to hire you as an E3 reporter or something in order to make you qualified to go to E3?  Plus you have to be 18 which would kind of limit the contest.

Speaking of the killer contests will you guys make it open to people from outside the US?  I can't stand it when I can't enter any of Nintendo's contests on a technicality.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2003, 10:40:34 AM »
I am about 95% positive that E3 has nothing to do with it, but we've got great prizes anyways.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers