Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 351518 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »
Can't see the video from where I'm at.

Main Theme
http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3

Smash Bros. is completely undeserving of that music. Beautiful.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Hocotate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »
I said I just wanted to be completely surprised... and boy was I!!! Solid Snake!? Now pretty much anyone and anything is a possibility as a playable character in this. Nintendo has just won back the industry.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2006, 11:43:58 PM »
I love going on the internet not expecting any surprises and BAM! Super Smash Bros Brawl smack me right in the kisser! Did Nintendo purposely hold back their best stuff from their conference, or was that a mistake? Anyways, w00t! Let's hope they get that wi-fi multiplayer number up to four, because that would be the only thing holding this back from perfection.

Kid Icarus is TOTALLY being resurrected.  

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2006, 12:38:35 AM »
Alright, just checked back after work, saw the updates. Saw the pictures. I had a major joygasm. Like, the kind you need to clean up with a mop. I can see Wario's TASTE BUDS. Anybody who thinks Wii's graphics aren't good enough can suck it.

It's nice to hear Hideo Kojima was begging Nintendo to put Snake in, because I always thought he hated Nintendo. On the other hand, what if this gives Sony or Microsoft ideas...?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:34 AM »
lol if it's Microsoft it'll be hilarious because really what do they have to work with?  Bungie, Rare, and Lionhead characters and maybe a touch of DOA.  Pathetic.

If Sony did it, it might be cool but it would instantly be touted by people as a knock-off.

Besides now that Snake is in SSBB it opens up doors for other third parties which would be much more willing to hand characters over to Sakurai and get his special care and treatment.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2006, 01:15:54 AM »
I don't think I want all kinds of third party characters. Snake, maybe Sonic and Viewtiful Joe, but any more than that and it'd get a bit iffy.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2006, 03:01:09 AM »
Really all they need is the following : Sonic, Megaman, Snake, Cloud. O and reggie!  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2006, 03:27:45 AM »
God loves us and Nintendo for this is good works indeed. The trailer is the most wonderful thing I have laid eyes on in quite some time. Indeed beautiful! How am I going to work thinking about this game?
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2006, 03:33:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
I'm thinking they could push new characters/content to you, while you sleep...

This game is set up to be modular like that... new levels, new characters, new trophies... hmmmmm  

Edit: Avatar change for a week, b/c of this announcement.

I'm more interested in the ability to release balancing patches. Perfect balancing on launch is impossible but with user feedback it should be possible to make all characters be balanced a few months after the release. No more tiers.

I like the Pit design and I hope Snake can still attach C4 to things like he did in World Fighters. Konami loves putting their characters in unrelated games (Wai Wai World, Konami Racers, World Fighters, etc) so maybe we'll see Belmont, too. Perhaps Capcom is willing to contribute Rock and Roll? Who else would we need for the entire Captain N team (except for the Captain himself, obviously)?

Suitless Samus looks good considering what they had to work with.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2006, 03:43:11 AM »
Uhh I don't like the idea of patching GAMEPLAY, that's only for crap games. SSBM had a perfect balance to me, I doubt there will be issues with balance in this, with the ultra mega super development team behind it.

Suitless Samus looks like the model from the end of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2006, 04:06:36 AM »
Nintendo (Japan) is asking gamers to "fill in" the SSBB roster, or at least that's how IGN translates: Nintendo asks fans to fill in roster

I'd hate to be the poor intern at the other end of those requests!

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2006, 04:30:19 AM »
I would like to see more earthbound characters.  Like Poo.  Poo and Wii go hand in hand.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2006, 06:06:16 AM »
Tingle for playable character!!

Ive never been good at this game, but If hes included I'll train everyday with him to beat and humilliate all those Tingle haters as hard as I can.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2006, 06:08:25 AM »
YES! I support mantidors post! I'd have so much fun beating up TP Link with Tingle.

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2006, 06:13:33 AM »
after re-watching it

Pit is the most impressive thing I've seen/heard about Wii recently

I've never played (or seen) Kid Icarus, tho I heard of it.

The character model is beautiful. His animations are fluid. I mean..his wings are CONSTANTLY in motion, and the sound they make...wow.

My favorite part of the clip is when Pit breaks his bow into two swords. I don't know if that's true to the original games, but, he looks like he might be a VERY versatile fighter.

wow
wow
wow  
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming, and we finally have solid information.

The best thing I could think of happening is Nintendo finally listening to its fans.

Pit is included
Wario is included
Metaknight is included
Samus without Suit (who wanted this?  I must THANK THEM!!!) is included.

But the real wildcard is Solid Snake.  As mentioned by everyone else it means Smash Brothers is truly open to all 3rd party characters.  If Sonic was thrown in I would not have believed this...but Solid Snake is just bizzarre in a GREAT WAY.

Like everyone else says I think Sonic is a definate in this game...but characters we are unsure of, but I believe must be in the game are:

Mega Man
Bomber Man

Perhaps even something odd like Ryu or Chun Li...I would perfer Chun Li, because we need more female characters.

The last two probably won't happen...but I can't see any reason why Mega Man or Bomberman who are the two of the most iconic video game characters, and have been on every Nintendo system available won't be included in this game.

I am very excited and right now they have already added enough to get me excited about the game.  If they only added Sonic, Mega Man, and Bomber Man it would be perfect in my opinion.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2006, 08:26:23 AM »
THE game of 2007

I love SSB, so this one will be a must, especially with all the new stuff (characters go SSJ XD), prettier graphics, online!, and new characters!!!

if we get Sonic, Megaman, Simon Belmont, Jill Valentine, VJ, i'll be really happy ^_________^

hmm.........what if SquareEnix is on board?? FF galore? *¬*
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2006, 08:29:51 AM »

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »
I don't really want to see more third-party characters. Snake is enough... he fits in and is bound to be different from the rest.

If they must add more characters though... I guess Sonic? Megaman just seems like a weaker Samus, so I don't want him in there. Simon Belmont would be cool because we don't have a whip character.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2006, 08:52:07 AM »
I think Megaman (not X) could work without coming off as a Samus clone. He could use some of his classic power-ups that would set him apart.

Sonic is almost a given and Simon could be cool.  

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2006, 09:12:55 AM »

Originally posted by: MANTI5
I think Megaman (not X) could work without coming off as a Samus clone. He could use some of his classic power-ups that would set him apart.

Sonic is almost a given and Simon could be cool.

Megaman could become a cross between Samus and Kirby, actually.  It be kinda neat to see his steal-powers ability in the smash universe.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »
As much as I doubt it would happen, it would be nice to see Master Chief.  Now, hear me out on this one.  Snake is one of PS's biggest franchises.  Though not exclusive, it's huge.  Yesterday I would never have considered Master Chief, but (and this is a big but) as of late Microsoft has been recommending the Wii in combonation with the 360 (coining the term Wii60).  What a powerful marketing tactic it would be for them to offer Master Chief.  

Think of it this way, by putting him on the Wii, they are advertising themselves and the Wii.  Basically they are calling attention to everything but the PS3, which is pretty much in line with everything else they've done.  Anybody see this, or am I just really crazy?

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »
I kind of see it MattVDB.  I can even almost see Microsoft going after such an opportunity.  So, you're not really crazy, just fairly crazy.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2006, 10:23:26 AM »
Wow, so there's super power combo items?

Very interesting....

I'm actually glad it's an item and not a power-bar or some lame street fighter knock-off.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2006, 10:26:08 AM »
I wonder if the attack will issue in real time or it will go to a cutscene, I hope realtime if it's a cutscene it would interrupt play.  I just remembered I would really like to see Geno or Mallow those guys were so cool.  A Crybaby and a possessed doll.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.