Author Topic: Kotaku Insider suggests Revolution delay?  (Read 8434 times)

Offline antman100

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Kotaku Insider suggests Revolution delay?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 01:14:32 PM »
It all depends on what one assumed the original date for release was.  If they are delayed from Sept. to early Nov., no big deal.  From Nov. to Dec. 20th, HUGE problem.  The Revo needs to be out at least 4-6 weeks before Xmas.  The earlier the better.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 02:43:42 PM »

It all depends on what one assumed the original date for release was. If they are delayed from Sept. to early Nov., no big deal. From Nov. to Dec. 20th, HUGE problem. The Revo needs to be out at least 4-6 weeks before Xmas. The earlier the better.

Agreed.  I honestly would love a Labor Day weekend release, just before school starts here in the states.  But Thanksgiving has always worked well too.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 07:03:17 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen First off, it's '07.  Second....YAWN! Get some new material kids, because all this EA sports bashing is boring.  Whether you like them or not, they HAVE to be on the Rev.  Saying otherwise is foolish, and so is complaining about games you will never, or have never, played.

Are you arguing that they're bland and unoriginal and that they rehash the same games every year?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Translation: EA games only take 6-8 months to make.  No wonder they're so bland and unoriginal

How long could it possibly take to change the names on the backs of the players, change the "05" to an "06" and ship the game?

Be fair... at least on the DS Madden 05 and Madden 06 were two wholly distinct games.

Hats off to EA for taking the time to totally revamp the miserable experience of Madden 05 into an equally miserable, but original experience in Madden 06.  

I for one am looking forward to seeing if they can manage to suck in a third distinct way in Madden 07.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Kotaku Insider suggests Revolution delay?
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 08:08:33 AM »
Anyone remember how Omen used to hate EA just as much as the rest of us?  Anyone find it funny he completely changed his tune after getting a job with the company?  Can we get a mod to change his title from Forum Fascist to EA Yes Man?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »
Glutius Kissimus
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 10:24:59 AM »
That's unbelievably unfair guys.

I'm sure that Omen has just learned how incredibly complex, multi-faceted the games industry is. I'm sure he's realized all the different factors that converge in our games, the aristic factors, the business factors, and the logistics factors.

I mean, for heaven's sake! This is an $11 billion business! Heaven knows how some of that money makes its way into Omen's pockets!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline antman100

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »
Yeah...I don't know about all of the EA hate.  I mean a game developer in it to make money?  Shocking.  I'm not saying they don't deserve a fair amount of criticism.  I think Madden 06 was really suspect, but the truth is, when it comes to football, they're the only pro game in town.  Theoretically, they don't have to change a damn thing from year to year.  On the other end of the spectrum, I thought Fight Night 2 was pretty good and, even though there was no online, they did show some Nintendo love with Super Punch-Out.  EA gets hammered most of the time, but God help you if you say anything negative about the latest "Super Mario Bocce Ball!!!"  Actually, come to think of it, Bocce ball might one of the few "Mario" sports games I would buy.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 01:56:36 PM »
"EA gets hammered most of the time, but God help you if you say anything negative about the latest 'Super Mario Bocce Ball!!!'"

Actually I have no problem ripping into both.  If Nintendo made nothing but Mario sports games and released them on an annual basis I would give them just as much crap as I give EA.  Nintendo at least, even in the "franchises are everything" slump they've been in, still busts out amazing must play classics.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money.  But I prefer entertainment companies that do so by selling a high quality product.  Some third parties try to con you into buying crap.  EA isn't quite at that level.  They're inbetween as they still try to sell you the worst product they can only they're smart enough to know they have to reach a certain level of competence for that to work in the longterm.  They do the bare minimum required for their games to be considered "good" but not an ounce of effort more.

I've noticed that entertainment companies typically want to train the public into accepting and liking substandard material because it's easier to appease a public that has low standards and no taste.  I don't like ever being treated like some simpleton to manipulate into spending money on crappy products.  EA is pretty much the ultimate example in the game industry of a company that treats me like that so I justifiably sh!t on them.  

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »
If someone is looking for riches, they're looking in the wrong business. Most game jobs, barring deep code engineers and higher-up managers, are cogs that can be replaced rather easily. And they get paid as such. EA loves to hire yung'ins fresh out of art school that want to get into games just for the love of it, and pay them fairly average.

It's not unlike getting a job at ILM. They don't pay that great. It's just a prestige to work there. Not that EA is prestigious... the kids just don't know any better. It's the name they're marks for.  
"wow."

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 03:07:36 PM »
Google sorta does the same thing, lol.

They give you a cool workplace environment of course, but they are actually driving DOWN wages! And if you don't like it, tough luck, because there's a huge line of people who want to work at Google nd get paid below industry average just for the name.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »
Im sorry but EA is a hell of a lot more than just sports games, and they make some damn good sports games on that note.

I am not a huge EA fan of late, but EA has made some of the best games I have ever played and they continue to get pretty good games out every year.

most of the 007 games are pretty decent and the Need For Speeds always deliver. As does mAdden and NBA Live. I have always prefered Ea sprots over any otehr Sports studio, even my beloved Sega failed at competing with EA sports. Also the Street games are the sh!t

If you dont like it thats fine but to say they are crap is stupid cuz they do make good games.

I dont get how Nintendo fanboys hate Ea so much, is it because they neglected Nintendo untilr ecently, only giving a few ports hear and there for SNES and hardly touching teh N64 but they really came through for GC. But I guess if you had a Genesis back in the day you would have grown up with the great games EA made and would have more respect for them.

I mean so what if they remake Madden every year, at least its fun to play and they get it right every time. If you like sports and you like video games EA is the king of the hill, but even if you dont like sports, they have some good 007 games, I especialy liked Goldeye Rogue Agent and have been wantign From Russia with Love, and you dont even have to be a 007 fan to like the games.

Also they make all the Lord of the Rings games which are all good so far and those Harry Potter games but I dont care for Harry Potter one bit.

Hate on EA all you want but you cant deny they make good games, you can say you dont like thier games and you haev the right to complain if they screw something up, but dont hold Nintendo to some high pedastol either, they make thier fair share of crap too.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 03:20:35 PM »
Well, EA is sorta the Anti-thesis to Nintendo in a way, lol. They don't make bad games, but they're only in it for the money and they won't make a game any better than they need to to fool the mainstream consumer into buying it. It's...a bit insulting, lol.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
I think EA is contractually obligated to make a Madden game on every platform.  

Plus the fact that the REv is just an extension of the 'Cube architecture which would seemingly make it easy for them to make their sports games on the Rev is a sign they are onboard in some form.

The fear tho is that EA just puts out half-ass Rev ports instead of going the extra mile to make a solid product.  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »
I read from newtechnix.com that apparently Call of Duty is being released on the REV, isn't CoD published by EA?

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 07:50:31 AM »
I think people just hate them because they release a new Madden every year... well that and their signing of that exclusive contract with the NFL... and those reports that they were treating employees really badly... and they decided to move Burnout off of the Cube. Really, they've just kinda been asses to everyone.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2006, 02:10:47 PM »
Call of Duty is published by Activision. EA publishes Medal of Honor. I'd be surprised to not see both on the Rev.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2006, 02:56:08 PM »
From what I've heard not only is CoD coming to the Rev, the Rev's getting its own version instead of just a port. One would assume it'll make some interesting uses of the controller.