Author Topic: PGC Announces Its 7th Year Birthday Contest  (Read 20846 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: PGC Announces Its 7th Year Birthday Contest
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 05:12:23 AM »
What makes me sad is that I don't even own a camera.  Well, aside from my camera-phone, which is horrible.

Here, here's my entry (yeah, I know it's too late).

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:PGC Announces Its 7th Year Birthday Contest
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 06:04:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Strell
Wandering, I'll be sure to post my entry in here if it doesn't see the light of day in the contest.  Imo it was a great idea.

Same.

Mine took me a week to plan and build, but in hindsight, it's more of a salute to all things Nintendo (including its old-skool heritage) than it is to PGC.

I just haven't been around long enough to offer more PGC inside jokes, references and whatnot.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »
No, wait, here's my other "entry".

It's PGC - with 7 - count 'em 7 PGC Activated Pop-up windows!  It's just like seven birthday spankings...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »
What's with your monitor, dude? You have PAL style borders all over the screen!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 03:30:35 PM »
My idea was to try to find locations similar to all the eight levels of the original super mario bros, plus the minus world, 8-1=7!  but then I couldnt find how to fit PGC in the idea :/

not to mention the lack of a camera and time to find this locations

Next contest will do hopefully
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2006, 07:22:01 PM »
This weekend, huh? Winners must've been picked and contacted already....
My congratulations in advance.

Wandering, I'll be sure to post my entry in here if it doesn't see the light of day in the contest. Imo it was a great idea.

Same.

I look forward to it.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2006, 04:17:08 PM »
the suspense is killing me.
When are we going to know who wins? The weekend is almost over.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »
My bad.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »

Winners will be announced this weekend!

Sweet! I'm 15 minutes away from being able to tell work to pound sand because they don't realize that monday is still part of the weekend (EST, anyway).

Seriously, it's one of those things where you say to yourself, "Yeah, I'm sure I didn't win." then five minutes later, "But I wonder...if they've updated yet. I'll go check..."

I'll be happy when it's over so I can stop all this second-guessing.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »

Seriously, it's one of those things where you say to yourself, "Yeah, I'm sure I didn't win." then five minutes later, "But I wonder...if they've updated yet. I'll go check..."

I'm in the same place.

I never win these things, so I'm kind of in 'no way to win mode...I'm just checking the front page every 2 minutes to see what other people beat me with.' But then I'm like, 'well, I can't go in assuming I'll win, that'll jynx it and then I really won't.' And then I'm like, 'Well, I shouldn't have a glimmer of hope only to have it crushed!'

And then I'm like, 'Come on, Wandering, there are seven winners, of course I'm one of them!'

'are you kidding Wandering? Do you have any idea how elaborate all of the other entries are? These people worked months on their entries, you don't have a chance!'

'Well, listen, can't you just...'

'No! Shut up!'

'Well I just...'

'Shut the hell up!'

'If you keep yelling at me I'll hurt you again! I'll hit you over the head with a baseball bat just like last time!'

'DO it! Come on you bastard!'

'Stop it! Leave me alone!'

'You need me, Wandering, I'm the only one who's ever loved you. The only one who can ever help you.'

'I know.'

'Come on, let's have fun with model airplane glue together.'

'Okay.'
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »
I think the voices in your head and the voices in my head would really hit it off.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »
If anyone wins a GameCube and finds themself with 2 GameCubes with a hankerin' to sell one for real cheap to a good home, let me know.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

I think the voices in your head and the voices in my head would really hit it off.

Wandering, Smash_Brother; Smash_Brother, Wandering. Smash_Brother, Wandering; Wandering Smash_Brother. Wandering, Smash_Brother, Smash_Brother, Wandering. Wandering, I assume you already know Wandering; and Smash_Brother, you of course know Smash_Brother.

If anyone wins a GameCube and finds themself with 2 GameCubes with a hankerin' to sell one for real cheap to a good home, let me know.

I'd give you my old one, but I was kind of planning on turning it into a lunchbox. You understand.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2006, 07:02:04 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you two.
I'm like I never win these kind of things I just have really bad luck.
But I keep checking the front page and my email just thinking maybe this time will be differnt, maybe this will be the time where everything changes.
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2006, 07:10:59 PM »
The fact that neither of you have been contacted makes me feel better about my chances....normally, iirc, the winners are contacted well in advance of the announcement, but perhaps not this time?

*stares at capnamerica's avatar in attempt to take mind off contest*

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »
Hate to say it, but the truth is that it could be that all three of us were 100% wrong in the direction we took our photos and what the PGC staff was looking for.

Though, I'd think that if someone here had won, they'd at least post about it. I'd rather know than be left in suspense.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »
Well, many of these contest winners aren't forum regulars..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
That had crossed my mind as well, but I largely suspect that, in a contest like this which is subjective more than anything, a forumer who knows about PGC and its inside jokes would be able to generate a picture which is more along the lines of what PGC is looking for, at least enough so that they'd make it into the top 7.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2006, 12:12:50 PM »
I heard they've sent out notifications.

Offline Toad0787

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »
I heard they were still voting.....=/
Katlyn from Cerapano and my code is

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »
Notifications have been sent out. Pending a confirmation from someone on the forum, Stan's pretty much ready to roll and put up the winners.

So, no, we're definitely not still voting.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2006, 02:29:10 PM »
guess I can stop holding my breath that there was a chance I would have won.
oh well maybe I'll win a future one.

If anyone wants to see my entry you can see it here:
http://www.medaverse.com/Cap/7gens.jpg
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2006, 03:12:26 PM »

Originally posted by: capamerica If anyone wants to see my entry you can see it here:
http://www.medaverse.com/Cap/7gens.jpg

You should mail those to PGC anyway. I'd put those on my wall if I were them.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2006, 03:46:13 PM »
The reason you didn't win is because Planet GameCube IV requires the expansion pack.  Stupid Nintendo, making me pay $35 to expand my RAM.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2006, 05:27:47 PM »
I apologize for the length of time this is taking.  I've run into some technical difficulties.  
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"