Author Topic: A successful Revolution Launch lineup.  (Read 12228 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:A successful Revolution Launch lineup.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 11:18:53 AM »

Originally posted by: trip1eX
A successful launch lineup means having a hit game.  I don't know if that's possible or not since launch games often have short development times.

First party ones aren't an issue.  Look at Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.  Okay, SSBM came out a couple weeks after launch day, but it's probably still within the "launch window" and is the very epitome of a GCN game, a killer app and a system seller.

The Revolution needs all the games it can get, but for launch, the promised SSB game should hold a lot of people over.  For at least a short while.  But it'll sell it, for sure.  That's the hit game we all want.  (Even me, even though I'm sick of SSBM.)

Offline trip1eX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:A successful Revolution Launch lineup.
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 12:44:45 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung

Originally posted by: trip1eX
A successful launch lineup means having a hit game.  I don't know if that's possible or not since launch games often have short development times.

First party ones aren't an issue.  Look at Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.  Okay, SSBM came out a couple weeks after launch day, but it's probably still within the "launch window" and is the very epitome of a GCN game, a killer app and a system seller.

The Revolution needs all the games it can get ...

Yeah good point.  Maybe Nintendo needs more than a big hit.   Maybe they need a big hit that ain't Mario  related.   A big hit that says we're more than Mario games.  SSBM still reminds me of Mario.

And maybe they just need alot of launch games for appearances sake like the PSP and 360 launches even if those games aren't all that special.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: A successful Revolution Launch lineup.
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 01:06:14 PM »
Rev's launch will fail.  North America will be the first market Nintendo will give up on, and Reggie will resume work at Nintendo of Australia.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.