Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 210808 times)

Offline mattcube6412

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2003, 08:07:22 PM »
Well, my friend has beaten Splinter Cell, with me watching him almost the entire way through. I don't think the game was in anyway revolutionary, or amazing. However, it is one of the better gamecube games out there. I'm pretty lazy, and so I haven't read the entire thread, so excuse me if what I say is totally out of the question- If you wanna play Splinter Cell real badly, the XBOX version is the better choice, and I like GCN way more than the (scary music) BOX! What I'm gonna do is wait for Pandora Tommorow, the Splinter Cell sequal comming in Q1 2004. The demo on Nintendo's hard to find Preview disc gives you a great example of what to expect from the game, (except I found the demo to be a little on the easy side)

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2003, 08:43:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me if BloodRayne is a good game?  I saw it over at EB for $12.99, I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if it was a good game, so I decided to wait, get online, and consult some game experts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2003, 07:10:13 PM »
I have Bloodrayne, I think its a pretty good budget title. The only cons i see is that its too repetetive and  the bloodsucking ability is a little too cheap since you can suck blood almost from everybody in the game. Also its fairly short but, if you enjoy blasting Nazi's and weird mutated things go for it.  

Edit: fixed typos
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
RE: Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2003, 03:22:08 PM »
What is the best fighting game (not counting SSBM) on the cube? also what is the best game to get for the gameboy player? Are there any good co-op modes in any cube games?  
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2003, 09:32:36 PM »

Originally posted by: MagicToenail
What is the best fighting game (not counting SSBM) on the cube? also what is the best game to get for the gameboy player? Are there any good co-op modes in any cube games?

GC fighter: Bloody Roar
GameBoy Player: Advance Wars 1 or 2 (hell yeah!!!)

Offline XMasterLinkX

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2003, 11:41:46 AM »
Big Forum here...  Buddy if you want a good game, get WindWaker...  I mean if you like those type of games.  Windwaker, is a good start to a Gamecube Start.  All of the Zelda Games have been hot, and they know that the they will relive on which it has.  Just if you get it, play it and beat it, because they will make a sequel to the Zelda WW, which is not official but, I think there is a good bet on it.  If you like FPS, get Metroid Prime, or TimeSplitters 2, because it is great, and fast.  That is all I have to say, if you have any questions, just email me, or repost after my message.

XMasterLinkX(The Real Link)
"Games are good when they relive there past" <my quote>

Offline noface

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2003, 01:20:21 AM »
Help me, overload of posts . Read half and couldn't be bothered to read the rest.

Anyway, good on you for breaking the kiddy barrier and picking up the best console on the market.

Games I own and recommend are:
    1.  Metroid (currently playing and loving)
    2. Resident evil (I love this game to death and planning to buy RE:0 )
    3. Zelda TWW (Scrolls bit tedious, but great game)
    4. Pikmin (classic)
    5. Waverace (currently playing, up to expert)
    6. Mario Sunshine (probably should have just hired it, but good stuff)

I ranked them but they are all pretty close together.

I don't understand the hype with ED, it just got really boring with me. I can understand why people like it, but I prefer the horror of RE. I definately want to get RE:0. As for the 2 and 3, they are just ports and rank low. If they have the same great gameplay as RE I think I'll still pick them up, regardless of graphics.... hope they arn't too bad, maybe I'll hire instead.

There are heaps of other games I want to get! I'm thinking of getting SSBM but I moved to Sydney a few months a go and have no friends here . Is this game worth getting as a single player alone? Same with the other good multiplayer games like monkey ball 1 & 2, timesplitters and others I can't think of the top of my head. Are these games good as single players too?

Kaonashi ~~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2003, 01:56:08 PM »
ED's appeal is in well-written adventuring.
RE's appeal is in horror action.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline fungustoadstoolf

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2003, 12:43:41 PM »
hey i have $45 to spend on GC games. i was thinkin of getting super mario sunshine and eternal darkness, but ive been reading the sms isnt that good. then i thought of getting just 1 $40 game and saving $5.
so any suggestion on wut game(s) to get w/ my $45?

Offline noface

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2003, 04:57:25 AM »
You'd best read the few hundred posts on the subject.
Kaonashi ~~

Offline GC2003

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2003, 06:03:30 AM »
Really, i think that u should get super smash bros melee cus that is like the best fighting game but i also think you should get ssx tricky, good sports game right there. Its your choice tho. Im out.
JJay SOulcalibur man

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2003, 02:06:53 PM »
SSBM is like the best game ever when you're playing Melee with other people, but I find it gets boring when you're playing 1P Mode alone...I dunno...It's just me...
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2003, 08:45:18 PM »

Originally posted by: fungustoadstoolf
hey i have $45 to spend on GC games. i was thinkin of getting super mario sunshine and eternal darkness, but ive been reading the sms isnt that good. then i thought of getting just 1 $40 game and saving $5.

I'd say definitely get Mario Sunshine. It's a great game in its own right, but it's really not what people were expecting from a Mario game. Also get Eternal Darkness, awesome game.

Offline Soundworks

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2003, 12:06:03 PM »
Splinter Cell is great. I love it, why didn't it go down so well with some Cube Owners? Oh, because it has M$ written all over it? Meh, love it and they'll fade.

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2003, 11:54:56 PM »
I dont recomend Super Mario Sunshine at all, I really disliked it. It didn't belong in the Mario series at all...I mean he Mario went from jumping and getting mushrooms to a waterpack and fighting a clone . I would get Eternal Darkness and Skies of Arcadia 2. If you absolutly have to get Super Mario Sunshine, take a peak at Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Despite what people say I love this game its a must have for Sonic fans.
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline Goron_Link

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2003, 12:49:32 PM »
I'm undecided between Star Fox Adventures and Lost Kingdoms (both). I already have Wind Waker, Skies of Arcadia and Master Quest.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE:Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2003, 03:02:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Molobert

Originally posted by: fungustoadstoolf

I'd say definitely get Mario Sunshine. It's a great game in its own right, but it's really not what people were expecting from a Mario game. Also get Eternal Darkness, awesome game.

I agree.  Mario Sunshine is well worth the money.  If you liked Mario 64, you will love Mario Sunshine.  The game isn't groundbreaking, but it's presentation is excellent, it's difficult, and it's just very addictive.

I'm undecided between Star Fox Adventures and Lost Kingdoms (both). I already have Wind Waker, Skies of Arcadia and Master Quest.

I would rent the games and try them out before you buy them.  Star Fox Adventures isn't a popular game with a lot of people (me included), but neither is Lost Kingdoms (I liked the game though).  They are very different types of games too, which makes it very difficult to just pick one.  Star Fox Adventures is a lot longer... but it will also likely start boring the hell out of you half way through...  Lost Kingdoms is a tad repetitive as well, but it's short, and the replay value is actually quite good.

Basically, I can't answer that question for you, or really give much advice.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Twisted Halo

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2003, 03:01:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Star Fox Adventures is worth it, too. . . best game Rare ever bothered making (don't like Rare much), and that's probably only with Nintendo's help. . .

Actually, Conker's Bad Fur Day was better and funner to watch than SFA. LoL. How about you just get the games worth getting? Most of them are already listed, and of course MarioKart when it comes out. Duh!
Adapt or Die.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2003, 04:37:27 AM »
Wow, i played cel damage yesterday at a friend's house. It is Awesome. I don't know about the one player, but multi is really addicting and fun. i think i'm gonna pick it up somewhere. it's going for like 12 bucks at most stores. But for upcoming titles, I'll be bying:

Viewtiful Joe
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Mario golf
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Templar

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2003, 06:21:45 PM »

Originally posted by: demonix69
definitely pick up Eternal Darkness. it's a deep, lengthy game that provides hours of gameplay for any skilled gamer.

Weird, it seems i'm the only person that didn't like Eternal Darkness. The only aspect of the game that appealed to me was the sanity factor but besides that; i was not impressed.N64 graphics
most of the characters die, which, at 1st may sound cool or wicked, but also prevents you from really getting attached to any. Also prevents you from getting used to them well since they  have different attributes. But then most saw this as a positive note. I also found the puzzles to be fairly simple in terms of challenge. They were all ridiculously easy to complete (Okay i had just got done playing Resident Evil and RE: 0, but STILL)

As i said, most positive thing in the game for me was the sanity aspect,  but the irony of this is that if you want to experience this side of the game you have to remain at a low sanity level but the game pushes you to keep it high with finishing moves, otherwise you gradually lose health. The game concept was original i'll give Eternal that.

*Personally*, i would give Eternal a 7.5/10
The only way to predict the future is to create it

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2003, 07:21:52 PM »
I'm thinking about getting monkey ball.  But I've seen numbers 1 & 2 and I'm just wondering which one is the better buy.  COuld you please tell me if the graphics are any better or gameplay or something.  Thanx.

Offline Klutzy Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2003, 01:28:32 PM »
To me monkeyball was a really lame game. You should probably rent it to make sure you like it because to me it was a totally lame game and a waste of money.
Due to recent drop offs in enlistment rates the Marines are now looking to highschool drop outs to fill their quotas. Effective imediately there new slogan will be: "Marines we need a few good...ahhh just get in the truck dumbass."

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2003, 07:59:44 PM »
I wish I could rent it.  For some reason there is not one video shot in townsville that rents out gamecube games.  The only place that lets you rent out any GC games and that is tunz-a-games, which is a damn rip-off.
$9-00 for overnight.  The games only $50 so i think i'll just take a punt.  Still i'd like to know which of the 2 is better.

Offline Klutzy Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2003, 06:21:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Shorty McNostril
 Still i'd like to know which of the 2 is better.

Which of what two are better? Isn't there a city or town near you that you can rent the game? I'd hate for you to get monkey ball and not like it or never get it and you might have liked it. I mean monkey ball to me was lame but it might not be lame for you...

Due to recent drop offs in enlistment rates the Marines are now looking to highschool drop outs to fill their quotas. Effective imediately there new slogan will be: "Marines we need a few good...ahhh just get in the truck dumbass."

Offline Klutzy Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2003, 06:23:34 PM »
That sounded wrong I meant it might not be lame to you. Not for you lol sry!