Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 210979 times)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2003, 05:22:07 PM »
I'm really excited about the new Ultimate Muscle game coming out this summer.  Looks to be loads of multiplayer fun.  Yay!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Armed

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2003, 05:33:35 PM »
Auto Modellista coming for GC this summer excited anyone?  Cel shaded racer, i hope they fix a couple problems i heard about it though

article: www.the-magicbox.com
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline LordVagabond

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2003, 11:14:12 PM »
I have Auto Modellista for the PS2 and let me say that while the career and arcade modes alone are worth the buy, it's the online play that really shines. It is, quite simply, perfectly executed, and I have yet to have a laggy moment online.

As for the Cube, I picked mine up today on a total whim. I was going to buy myself another XBOX but decided to give the Cube a go. I got the Zelda pack, 3 games in one, and I love it so far. I'm surprised at the graphics quality and pure fun of the lil cube (it's about 1.5 times smaller than a PS2) and I am planning on picking up either Rogue Squadron or Metroid Prime later today ^__^

So, I'll be hanging around a lot more, and since I own a crapload of consoles, can provide info on ports, cross-console games, etc etc ^__^

Hi all

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2003, 03:08:14 AM »
You may want to skip on Animal Crossing if you value your free time ;D  It tends to be a little... addicting?

Offline LordVagabond

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2003, 04:16:22 PM »
Damn... if you haven't, pick up Metroid Prime... wow... I've just played 5 straight hours after picking it up today. Wow... very well made game ^_^

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2003, 04:51:08 PM »
Well, I pikced up Ikaruga (no thanks to any of YOU guys ) and holyu friggin' crap, it's @#$&ing awesome. I've been playing straight for days (and incidentally can only get about halfway through level 4 on easy with 5 lives and 5 credits). It's incredibly hard, but I'll keep at it. After you play for 7 hours, you get unlimited credits, so that's probably around when I'll finally beat the game.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2003, 03:55:03 PM »
Hey everybody:
Which is better- Animal crossing or Pikmin ? I wan't one and don't know which one to get. Pikmin's cheaper but i heard animal crossing is better. So what do you think?
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Ace of Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2003, 05:31:22 PM »
I personally didn't like Pikmin, but lots of poeple did. I thought it was boring and too short because of the 30 day thing. On the other hand, Animal Crossing is fun and has almost unlimited replay value, especially if you have friends with the game. I would definately recommend Animal Crossing over Pikmin.

Offline DesertDao

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2003, 02:02:23 AM »
Be forewarned!  Animal Crossing is EXTREMELY addicting!  I work all day trying to pay off my mortgage and guess what?!?  I can't wait to get home to play Animal Crossing and pay off my house in the stupid game.  It's the video game version of Valium....very addicting and relaxing.  I like Pikmin for it's overall weirdness and that it's different, but Animal Crossing is the one that I keep going back to every single day.

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2003, 05:41:45 PM »
Yes Animal Crossing is very fun!
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2003, 05:51:15 PM »
Yeah, I will give my vote to Animal Crossing too.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2003, 12:03:27 PM »
OK guys thanks for your help. By the way- I just picked up Enter the Matrix and it's really good. I wouldn't say it's the best game ever, or the worst. It has almost the same battle engine as spider man: how you learn moves as you progress. But this game is unique because you can play as ghost or niobe, who each have a completely different game-different levels, moves, and abilities. This game also features a hacking engine, where you can hack into the matrix (to have infinite life or have guns drop at certain levels), but it's really hard to do. so don't plan on cheating to easily in this game. I would probably give it an 8/10. Also, this game is a 2 disc set, but the second disc is just cut scenes, not playable or anything.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
RE: Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2003, 02:48:05 PM »
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (w/ bonus disc)
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil (only $20)
Resident Evil Zero
Super Smash Brothers
Super Monkey Ball ($20)
Super Monkey Ball 2
Star Wars: Rouge Leader ($20)
007 Nightfire
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Eternal Darkness
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Simpsons Road Rage
Skies of Arcadia
Die Hard
Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adv. DX, Sonic Mega Collection
Black and Bruised (a punch out rip off)
Extreme G3
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Ikaruga
Phantasy Star Online
Animal Crossing
Splinter Cell
(these are just some of the games I own for GC, lol)

Upcoming:

Soul Caliber 2
Geist
SW: Rouge Squadron 3
Mario Kart: Double Dash
F-Zero
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Pikmin 2
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

and many, many, many more!  Not to mention the numerous rumored games.

Congratulations on a wise decision.  Everyone should own a Nintendo system, reguardless of which other systems they own.  Good to see someone who is smart enough to recognize the best system on the market!

Welcome to the club!

Offline DesertDao

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2003, 07:13:48 PM »
I have to agree.  I had a PS2 and got tired of the really crappy games they were putting out.  Sony definitely seemed to prefer quantity over quality.  So I trotted on down to my local Funcoland and traded it for a Gamecube.....one of the smartest decisions I've made in recent memory!  

Offline S8N

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2003, 12:53:49 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any RPGs that have come out/coming out soon/planned for GC that are worth buying except for Phantasy Star Online 1/2 or FF:CC? (I'm an RPG addict but I haven't seen many for GC, I just started playing FF7 again for PS1 and realised I want a new one to play but I have a feeling I might be restricted to my PS1 RPGs for a while)  

Offline Okiva77

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2003, 07:26:10 PM »
I've played Animal Crossing almost every day since i bought it last Spetember. I wonder if anything happens on the year anniversary. Highly addictive, just like Ikaruga. Awesome!

All the games i have everyone else does too, but what the hell:

Resident Evil Rebirth
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 2 (despite crappy trasnfer, i just had to)
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (ditto)
Animal Crossing
Super Monkey Ball 1,2 (2 has better party games)
Super Mario Sunshine
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
UFC Throwdown
Madden 2003
Splinter Cell
Tiger Woods 2003
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin

Honestly however I cannot recommend Mario Sunshine. Wind Waker is a significant disappointment in my opinion, so i say rent first.

Is it just me, or are things kinda ho-hum with unique games? I know i know, i'm dying to get
F-Zero, RE4, etc--but i mean right now. I've only been playing AC as of late. Nevermind, I'm just picky.
AC info
Town:Zanzibar
Character:Johnny

"i'm walking through the desert, and i am not frightened
although it's hot.
i have all that i requested, and
i do not want what i haven't got."

(god bless you, sinead)

Offline Razex

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2003, 01:52:32 PM »

After you play for 7 hours, you get unlimited credits, so that's probably around when I'll finally beat the game.

Hey, that's how I just beat that game. So unbelievably awesome. On hard, its a completely different game. Although, some people might not like Ikaruga because it is too short, I just play it so much because it's so addicting.

S8N, did you get Skies of Arcadia Legends? I hear that's pretty good. Or did you get it on DC?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2003, 02:09:21 PM »

Originally posted by: S8N
Does anyone know if there are any RPGs that have come out/coming out soon/planned for GC that are worth buying except for Phantasy Star Online 1/2 or FF:CC? (I'm an RPG addict but I haven't seen many for GC, I just started playing FF7 again for PS1 and realised I want a new one to play but I have a feeling I might be restricted to my PS1 RPGs for a while)

Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, and Giftpia come to mind.  There's word that there's more on the way, but those are the big names for this year.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Grease Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2003, 05:30:56 PM »
You should get Metroid Prime and Enter The Matrix both are enjoyable games.
i dont get it.......

Offline Grease Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2003, 05:32:01 PM »
i dont get it.......

Offline S8N

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2003, 10:31:22 AM »
no I haven't played Skies of Arcadia, Radex, I haven't played any new RPGs since FFIX on PS1 (or maybe Vagrant Story depending on which came out first) Thanks for the list of RPGs Grey Ninja I'll watch out for them (I downloaded a video for Giftpia off the nintendo e3 site, its very... strange. I love the cel-shading though reminds me of Zelda but with black edges)

Offline neon_killer37

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2003, 01:15:30 PM »
No.1 game is ZELDA WINDWAKER
NO.1.5 IS METROID PRIME

then it goes on to starfox and timsplitters2 and ssbmelee........

OH AND ENTER THE MATRIX IS CRAP BECAUSE MY FRIEND COMPLETED IT IN ON AND 1/4 DAYS
NINTENDO GAMECUBE
                                 LIFE'S A GAME

Offline ReallyScrued

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2003, 04:11:09 PM »
i havent read all the posts, just a quick question.
i heard from a friend that the controls in TS2 are a bit quirky.  Is it tru that the anolong looking stick doesnt stay in the position that you left it?
ei. like in halo(sry for bringing an xbox game into discussion) you move the stick and the screen stays ther? my friend said that you can only move it to a certin degree until it moves the entire screen. can you shed some light on this? i havent played it personally.  i really want this to be my next game but i want it to be as good as goldeneye and PD. thx for any help.
ScrUed

Offline Andi 28

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2003, 06:29:04 AM »
Alright
I think you should try Conflict: Desert Storm, it is one brilliant game, espeacially after what has been going on in the world.  
Andi McCluskey
Editor of www.101games.co.uk &
I am currently playing: Desert Storm, SSBM & Resi

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2003, 03:22:26 PM »

Originally posted by: ReallyScrued
i havent read all the posts, just a quick question.
i heard from a friend that the controls in TS2 are a bit quirky.  Is it tru that the anolong looking stick doesnt stay in the position that you left it?
ei. like in halo(sry for bringing an xbox game into discussion) you move the stick and the screen stays ther? my friend said that you can only move it to a certin degree until it moves the entire screen. can you shed some light on this? i havent played it personally.  i really want this to be my next game but i want it to be as good as goldeneye and PD. thx for any help.

If you liked PD or Goldeneye then you will be blown away by TS2 everything is customizable in this game even the levels (you can make them).  Now about sighting yes it does go back to the center after you let go of the c-stick, and is very sensitive, that is the only problem with this game, but it's a minor one don't think you wont be able to sight because you eventually kind of get used to it.  

Oh yeah, this game is very fun and challenging, i recommend it to every fps maniac out there.
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me