Author Topic: did anyone buy beyond good and evil?  (Read 4110 times)

Offline AennilQ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
did anyone buy beyond good and evil?
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:18:30 AM »
bg+e is one of my favorite games of all time, but noone bought it! almost everything was perfect. the graphics style, incredible soundtrack, great pacing, superb storytelling, deep and emotionally involving characters, etc! i would much rather see a bg+e sequel than another prince of persia or splinter cell game.
(even though i loved the sands of time)
Yeh its me. Dont get all excited.

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
RE: did anyone buy beyond good and evil?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:03:37 AM »
I bought two copies although rather late. I think i bought both copies(new) off eBay maybe in Janurary. At first it looked lame so i didnt go get it. But people and mags kept talking about it how it was so great. So eventually i decided to get it. Couldnt find it anywhere, thus eBay was the answer. It was so hard to find,, that i decided to get another copy to sell it later maybe.

The game was suprisingly very good. I was upset that it was a lil on the short side. But i had a blast with it, which i didnt think i would because i felt i was a lil too old for that type of game. i couldnt be more wrong. Soundtrack was superb. Minigames were funner than hell. And replay value is high. I hope to see a sequel.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:20:18 AM »
I bought it the second the price dropped to $20 (i.e. about three weeks after it was released).  It was good, but not great.  The storytelling was really good, but the gameplay was flawed.    There was too much trial and error.  The main city didn't feel very fleshed out.  The inclusion of vehicles was nice, but there wasn't enough you could do with them.  I think the game could have benefited from a longer development cycle.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »
I bought it when the price dropped as well.

It did have its flaws, but I think the game excelled anyways.  I love the music and atmosphere, and I actually found myself caring about the characters.  Which I thought was rather awesome.

Ancell said he had plans for a trilogy, but Ubisoft doesn't seem too compliant.  Sadly...I don't think we'll ever see a sequel.

Lets hope he at least finishes the story or something. Hell, I'd read a BG&E novel.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:did anyone buy beyond good and evil?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:38:56 AM »
I waited too long and now I can't find it anywhere.  Ubisoft has it on their site, but with FedEx for shipping, it'll cost a small fortune to buy it that way, so I guess I'll have to settle for a copy from Ebay.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 12:49:36 PM »
I bought it on the PS2 for $10 Canadian.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 12:55:10 PM »
BG&E was worth more than the $20.00 I paid for it and thats all that really needs to be said.

but to say more, I was really into the story and very dissapointed that it ended so soon.  I would put a sequel near the top of my wanted list.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 01:04:30 PM »
I bought it when the price dropped to 20. Of course, I had to buy a memory card too because I only had a 3rd party 59 at the time.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 01:08:23 PM »
I got it the GCN version for $13.99 CDN; I love you Superstore!

Sadly, it went the way of Eternal Darkness. Like with ED, I was upset that it sold so little, and that a sequel is not likely, but what I got was well worth my money, so I'm not complaining.  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 12:27:20 AM »
I bought it for a tenner from a store that was going out of business. The PC version. Nowadays it's part of Ubisoft's budget line for a tenner each, I think.

I gave up somewhere in the meat factory because there was just too much stealth required there. I hate stealth. If you wonder why I bought it, everyone said it was like Zelda. Which kinda implied not that much stealth.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 04:14:29 AM »
I bought the PS2 version cheap and never played it because I'm pretty awesome like that.

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 08:51:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I bought the PS2 version cheap and never played it because I'm pretty awesome like that.

You and me both (except I got the GC version). BG&E and Paper Mario GC seem to be in a race for "which one will he open first?" even though I've had both almost as long as they've been out....
Oops pow suprise!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 09:00:10 AM »
I'd say open Paper Mario first, that way when you get bored of it's terrible battle system you can move on to something good.

=(
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 09:37:16 AM »
vudu slaps KnowsNothing around a bit with a large trout.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 01:15:31 AM »
I most certainly did!  I grabbed it when it came out for $80, and it was worth every cent.  I loved how the intro cutscene smoothly flowed into the gameplay - it really caught me off-guard!
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games