Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized  (Read 303681 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #975 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
I can see them trying to tie the Prime series to the main series using Aurora, but I think they're better left treated as separate entities, even though Prime consistently refers back to the main series. However, the reverse is not true. Well, Zero Mission kind of does, but not really.

I think we should just see the Prime series as a separate entity and not look too deep into continuity with previous Metroids which really lacked any story. If you want to bring in older Metroids, I would use Zero Mission's story over the original Metroid.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 21, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »
So... IGN is supposed to have teh new hotness at midnight. http://wii.ign.com/

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #977 on: August 21, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »
Yeah, at the crappy PST midnight... ;_;

Guess I'll just have to wait 'til morning!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 21, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »
I won't be going to IGN for a while I don't want spoilers before I get the game X_X

Offline MLS_man_64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »
So, if in conceptual theory Dark Samus were to become an Aurora/MotherBrain somehow, that might be an ironic twist since the original Mother Brain was originally Chozo technology (can someone explain where they got that bit of info from), and the Metroids were created by the Chozo, and Dark Samus was a Metroid "Prime" that got all pissy and took out the Chozo's home world?

This is all so confusing?  Seriously, it is worse than piecing together the Zelda storyline, or maybe not.
"I want to be some muscle bound guy dressed like Rambo with a huge gattling gun shooting aliens while I'm snowboarding down an erupting volcano."---Ian Sane

"If you put a $10 ticket up two bucks, that's a 40 per cent jump," he said.---The Toronto Star

If a broken 360 is on a store shel

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 21, 2007, 06:26:27 PM »
Lol good thing everyone put their previous theories in spoiler tags . . .

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #981 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »
The old Muther Brain was repaired by replacing it with a new Aurora and rebuilding the surrounding infrastructure, duh.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 21, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
Oh man this game sounds sweet. I'm intrigued by the voucher and achievement systems.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 21, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 21, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »
Now if Nintendo would only hype Metroid Prime 3, stupid Nintendo always screwing things up.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 22, 2007, 05:06:46 AM »

Originally posted by: MLS_man_64
So, if in conceptual theory Dark Samus were to become an Aurora/MotherBrain somehow, that might be an ironic twist since the original Mother Brain was originally Chozo technology (can someone explain where they got that bit of info from), and the Metroids were created by the Chozo, and Dark Samus was a Metroid "Prime" that got all pissy and took out the Chozo's home world?

This is all so confusing?  Seriously, it is worse than piecing together the Zelda storyline, or maybe not.

The source of the origins of Mother Brain is Metroid ZM manga. Now this is an official manga, taken as canon, is not some fan fic or anything, and I think its mentioned in the manual as well, I would have to check it out.

Basically all the Chozo did technologically went wrong, and thats why I guess they became nature lovers towards their end. All their mistakes were left though, from giant killer chozo statues to the metroids themselves.

I'm sure corruption will clarify things further... or make them more obscure :P.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 22, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
Anyone read IGN's impressions?

If Matt is a metroid fanatic, then it would make sense that he would be more critical than someone who hasn't played the games. I guess it's good news that he loves it!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 22, 2007, 12:02:01 PM »
The artwork for this game is awesome...of course you will have to buy NP so that you can see it for yourself, but hopefully they will add it as an unlockable bonus like they did for MP1 and MP2E.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 22, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
There is unlockable art, yes there is... =D

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 22, 2007, 01:32:40 PM »
Metroid Cometh.

For those who are playing before I can, this one's for you -- "May the rats eat your eyes!..."

Judging from Cassie's impressions, he's as gitty as a schoolgirl over this one.  I hope it just plays as well as his impressions.  We need a Bioshock-like experience on the Wii...for those of us who don't have an XBOX 360 and are loyal Nintendo fanboys.

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 22, 2007, 01:42:02 PM »
I read the IGN article. The last sentence made me lawl.

Might one of these brainy creatures amount to the mother of all enemies? You're going to have to play to find out.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 22, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »

Originally posted by: UERD
I read the IGN article. The last sentence made me lawl.

Might one of these brainy creatures amount to the mother of all enemies? You're going to have to play to find out.

PLEASSEEEEE don't post stuff from Matt without spoiler tags, I'm intentionally avoiding IGN for that very reason X_X.

Stupid Matt I know for a fact now there will be mother brain in the game. My life is ruined RUINED. ::runs off crying:

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 22, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »
OOOPS. I thought we had already established that fact in the other thread. Sorry, Mashiro.

although it was nice of you to blame Matt and his own spoiler-tag-less impressions article
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 22, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »
Don't be deceived, UERD!

Originally posted by: Mashiro
This is actually quite brilliant of them.

It lets them reuse a boss scenario over and over again should they so choose to.

Zeebees gone? Mother brain destroyed? Twice? Np! There's plenty more on other planets!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 22, 2007, 04:33:49 PM »
It's ok UERD I was just over-exagerating

but yeah I hate when people who play the game hint at stuff without spoilers. Even though we KNOW there are thousands of potential mother brains on other planets we don't know (even if it seems likely) that we will encounter one in MP3 though it seems likely with Matt's "tone" in that sentience haha.

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
Well he said he was only done 1/3 of the game when he wrote the article so he could be just pulling stuff out of his rear :P.

plus you got me to FINALLY figure out how to use spoiler tags...it took a while.
- thatguy

- vudu

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 22, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »

Well he said he was only done 1/3 of the game when he wrote the article so he could be just pulling stuff out of his rear :P.

plus you got me to FINALLY figure out how to use spoiler tags...it took a while.

Oh ok cool.

Enjoy spoiler tags.

Hard to believe the game is only 4 days away now! WOOT!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:47 PM »

No, he said that they were only allowed to write a preview from the first third of the game, but they had finished corruption in full after READ SPOILER IF YOU DESPERATELY WANT TO KNOW 20 spectacular hours.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #998 on: August 23, 2007, 07:23:22 AM »
wow, that's 17 hours more of good content than Twilight Princess had!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #999 on: August 23, 2007, 07:23:23 AM »
Ok...20 hours is not a spoiler, so I am just going to out right say that.

And, 20 hours is really a good bit of gaming for an action adventure game, and really puts it close to length of some Zelda games and other adventure games of that elk.

As for action games, 20 hours is really quite good.

I am really curious about the story in this game...I think it has more potential than any other Zelda game to date, and I am quite excited to see what Retro is able to do in their final chapter.